#1 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:27 AM

When the game Irth Online was still active (developer states it may be returning), there was a taxidermy skill. Via recipe drops and monster head drops, one could progressively level up and "mount" the heads fpr display in our houses. I cannot recall if the plaques necessary were also player made but there were more components than a head, recipe, and plaque and appropriate crafter level required.

I noticed that LotRo, also introduced this concept in their chapter 11 expansion, but with a slight twist. In that game, as I understand it, the player has a chance at getting an undamaged hide that they turn in to a certain Npc, who in return, bestowns the stuffed animal or head to them.

LotRo also allows the mounting of fish, which Irth did not.

Even if this were limited to rare spawns only and were either heads or better yet, full stuffed monsters, what do you think of a future expansion including this skill in some fashion?
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#2 Dificeman

Dificeman

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

Again I like anything that gives more options to players. The LOTRO taxideremy was new to me and really cool. Though I would not expect to see this in the game unless they decide to later allow player housing in the game. Which I for one think they should though I understand them not even bothering to look at it at this point. I rather they get the game finished tested polished and out. After all that then perhaps we can persuade Berek to convince the rest of the team that player housing is a good idea =). And if so My vote would be for an instanced housing area. Where you go into a zone and you see other peoples houses to. Whats the point of decorating and collecting if no one but you can ever see it.

#3 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

-Yes, options are good. Taxidermy skill would go hand-in-hand with Skinning, Leather Working, Cooking, etc. Forget LotRO doing it through an NPC, give that ability to us! It would be a more casual craft skill but still a source of income.

Perhaps this idea is better held until they introduce housing at a later date? Great addition at that time i'd think.

Jergis

#4 Amilcare

Amilcare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

Love all the "secondary" crafting skills in every game i played.
It just give something to do while not busy in end game content, or whatever. The more we can do, the better it is :D
Kerif - Healer (Hokk Server)
The bald Awesomeness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users