#1 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

Here are a few of the screenshots taken during a gathering of beta participants in Asheran city. We're currently organizing for another photo-op later next week. Where would you like us to gather? You decide!:

http://www.alganon.c...s-detail/id/214

#2 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

These are very cool! I'd like to see the Harrajan capital next. There has to be balance! Also, I noticed in general, the characters had a first and last name. I also noticed in one screenshot there was a Talrok-looking character named Vue. I don't know how to take it. Will we be forced to have 2 names, will it depend on race, or did all the beta players feel like naming characters in such a way?

#3 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for this these previews. Very nice to see pictures of "real" models chosen by testers against the different backdrops than what we have seen so far! However, aren't most of those models Humans? I agree, can we see the Harrajan capital next, with an assortment of Talrok models?

Just my personal opinion, but again, those swords are just out of scale, being too large for my tastes (guesses he will need to use daggers).

I like the ability to have two names btw. Also like the class icons, nice touch.
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#4 melanieshaman

melanieshaman

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:21 AM

These are very cool! I'd like to see the Harrajan capital next. There has to be balance! Also, I noticed in general, the characters had a first and last name. I also noticed in one screenshot there was a Talrok-looking character named Vue. I don't know how to take it. Will we be forced to have 2 names, will it depend on race, or did all the beta players feel like naming characters in such a way?

this.... Also, no offense, but something needs to be done with the name display and class display things... maybe smaller, or a different color, and follow RoM and have your class icon foll your name..seems to me all that extra stuff to render would bog down low end machines.

#5 Bluejinn

Bluejinn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

Having everyone in the forest would be cool. I like the new pictures of the game but now i want to play it sooner then before. I can't wait to join the Alganon world.

About the names what will happen to your guild?
Will that take over being above your head or will it always be the family crest?

something needs to be done with the name display and class display things... maybe smaller, or a different color, and follow RoM and have your class icon foll your name

Here is a few comments i had about the names and crests that would make it easier for people to read them.

The names blend together when you get near others and you can't make out what they are. The name would look better if they were a little darker with an outline in black. It would separate the names so you can see them better when you are near others. The print and crest are a little big if they were smaller with the crest in front or behind the name.

These were just some thoughts i had after i seen the screen shots.

Edit:
Is there going to be an option to take the crest off from above your head?

#6 10dayfreetrial

10dayfreetrial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

The pictures are very nice, next time if you can explore a little more of the wilder world through screen shots. Get action pics of the testers mid fight, lets see some particle spray! Also it would be nice to see the other race. I'd be interested in seeing some more possible in game footage captured video style ;)

#7 Fervent

Fervent

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

Looks good, but I do have to agree with the name tags and symbols being a bit too big. I would suggest shrinking them a little.

P.S. the only thing missing in the pics is me!

#8 DeLang

DeLang

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

/agree

Great to see some fresh pics and would love to see some Kujix pics.

I'd prefer to see an image depicting the player's dual class to the left of the name and an image depicting family to the right of the name. An option to increase/decrease the distance over the player's head above which the name floats would be dandy. Even better if there was another option to shrink/enlarge/off/on the name display.

#9 Shikinza

Shikinza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

Mmmm, I can't wait to play this game.

I vote for screens of the Talrok in the Harrajan capital as Grym said.

Since everyone is touching on the floating names, I thought I'd add my two cents as well.

I think that they are a little too big, but more importantly, I would prefer that the NPCs be given a different color/style to differentiate them. I think that bothers me more than the size. The green is a bit bright but just a personal opinion.

About the class icons, I agree with DeLang on this. Because armor is handled differently (you can have tanks wearing cloth and be effective), it's probably a good idea to have the icon somewhere rather than do away with it all together (or leave it as an option to turn off). In most games, you can be walking around and just figure out what classes people are by certain pieces of equipment. For example, in WoW, I always found it really easy to tell who was a paladin instead of a warrior though they both wore plate because the items that each class typically wore were known to me. In Alganon, doing so would be much more difficult because you could only really rely on what weapons the character is using and what skills they use. I suppose this is more important in PvP than it is in PvE.

The icon (personal opinion) probably should go to the side of a name (front or end) rather than above. I would personally like to see the capability to put symbols over players/enemies like they have in other games. Currently, the icon is taking up that spot.

Lol, I just realized that the icons weren't class symbols but family crests. In that case, I feel that they shouldn't be strongly noted because, though family is important, in a time of stress, I would rather focus on the name than the family icon (and rather focus on a class icon than a family icon).

Also, as a really, really minor note, the names don't shift when a player jumps? :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users