• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZOddWraith

ZOddWraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi all, i'm new of the forum (fresh created account) but i'm following the game/forum from various months

the title of the topic just explains what i'm asking for.... if that's not a problem for the NDA and such, i'd like to have as more informations as possible about the character progression in this game...

to let you understand what i'm asking: i totally like the skill progression of EvE where skills are learned by putting them in the learning queue and i can do whathever i want even logging off and that skill will continue his progression...

i've understood that the alganon system is more or less like that.... but i'm worried about the "added stuffs"...
are there character levels? are there skills that can be only improved by use or EVERYTHING can be studied? if i'm studing a skill, but at the same time i'm using it, it will level up faster?

at the end i'd like to know EVERYTHING on how my character will improve in alganon...

i'm sorry for my bad english... if it's all protected by NDA and cannot be totally published, no problems :)

thank you all

edit: oh darn.... i've just realized that maybe it's the wrong section for this topic.... move it if that's a problem...

#2 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

First let me welcome you to the community!!! Hope you like reading and enjoy your stay. :smile:

Unsure I can sufficiently answer you questions, however, here is a lnk to an 2006 interview done when Alganon was called Crusade addressing character progression. If Berek or others see this, they will probably be able to state whether the information contained in that interview has remained static or how it may have changed since then.

2006 IGN Interview
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#3 ZOddWraith

ZOddWraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

If Berek or others see this, they will probably be able to state whether the information contained in that interview has remained static or how it may have changed since then.

2006 IGN Interview

that was my worry... i know that atb the very beginning, for example, in LotRO there was the permadeath, that make me feel like it's an hardcore mmorpg... but it has been modified until the nowadays lotro that is not hardcore at all.... it's a very casual mmorpg...

thank you for the answer, i hope someine is gonna comfirm those informations

#4 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

There are quite a few articles around that give tidbits on how character progression is going to work.

Check out the articles section. Most likely the Peek #12 Four Cores and the Ten Ton Hammer studies interview will shed a little light.

Past the fact that studies will go hand in hand with actually levelling your character, thereby raising skills through use, I'm not sure what other specifics you are after. If you have a specific question you can post it in the Community Roundtable and quite likely it will get answered.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#5 ZOddWraith

ZOddWraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

thanks all for answering :)

#6 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:58 AM

Greetings ZOddWraith! I hope your questions were answered here! The Articles section is an excellent resource on what we have put out recently, so hopefully you'll find further details there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users