#2 Bluejinn

Bluejinn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

There was some good info there. Some of my questions were answered in that interview. Sounds good and I CAN"T WAIT TO PLAY :biggrin: .

#3 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:59 AM

We'd like to hear from you what you think of our release schedule of interviews and exclusives, what's in them, in general. Are we setting a good pace for you and hoping answering questions you have through these articles?

#4 Bluejinn

Bluejinn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

Studies :
In the interview Mathew Anderson said

Players will be able to queue up studies so as to allow their study to automatically transition to the next study when the previous one completes. The exact number of studies they can hold in their queue, or how the queue will work is still in discussion.

which is cool. Will that feature only work on your main character or all your characters a person? I like most i think have more then 1 character they play on a game at a time. It might have been answered already but can i train on all my characters at the same time or just on my main?

Crafting :

What we mean is that your ability to increase your crafting skills will not be limited by your level. You will not find yourself trapped at a given crafting skill level, unable to advance until you level up from adventuring.

I like that idea. I hated that in WoW i needed to level up my others to get there craft levels higher.

Mounts :

We have Mounts in-game right now for basic transportation and are discussing allowing combat to be conducted from them, but it's undecided as of yet whether this will be implemented. We are also looking at supporting Flying Mounts at release, but again, this depends on the level of content we want at launch and whether or not it will really enhance the game.

Will there be training to be able to ride and for combat ability (when or if it gets implemented in the game)?

Auction House :

The main auction house is a familiar system like those found in the majority of Western MMOs.

How long will you be able to put things in the AH (Hours or Days)?

one unique aspect is that in addition to an Auction House, we will also have a Consignment House where players can request items and post the amount they are willing to pay. Other players can then go out and retrieve these items for them!

Will there be a length of time for things in Consignment House or is it in there until it is turned in by a player?

#5 Razurescens

Razurescens

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

Imo youíre setting a very good pace with the articles, there is also some new extra in depth information in each interview, itís not just some drivel :thumbsup: . It was for me interesting to read that you have plans to make it possible for players to research the change in market values over a period of time.

Some answers for you Bluejinn:
-This is from the faq:
Only one character can actively study at a time, however it's very easy to switch between characters and "resume previous study".
-This is from the RPG Vault Peek#12:
Post Auctions. This is where you will offer items via drag and drop. From here, you can set your price based on the median from prior sales (from research data), the starting amount, buyout, and duration (2, 8, 24 or 48 hours).

#6 Suthainn

Suthainn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

I agree with the others about setting a great pace with the interviews/articles and there is always some new information in them which is a huge bonus for us.

With the controlled release I think it's a double edged sword because on one hand it might deter players away from the game. Than on the other hand it will weed out players who cannot see the grand vision to develop Alganon correctly over time. I'm really sick and tired of other games that just throw everything in at release, open the flood gates and hope for the best. I think a controlled release is definitely the best option by far and by letting the game grow like an organic entity it will also allow the community to grow side by side with it.

#7 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

I like the pace of the new information/interviews/articles also.
I would have preferred not to have a time limit on how long an item can be up for sale, but can live with it. I just found it annoying when I logged in or out each day I would have the previous days items returned and have to go back to town so I could go through the chore of finding prices, relisting items, researching what happened etc etc. Sometimes this could take upto 1 hour, so in the end I would generally only put items up maybe once a week and if they didn't sell in that first period they were vendored. I preferred EQ2's it stays there until sold or you remove it.

Personally I have never liked WoW's auction houses, but then again I don't like auctions and prefer a "Buy it now" type of market, but the time limit and charges for listing only discourage players from using the market to share their items around.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#8 Bluejinn

Bluejinn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

Yea the AH in WoW was a pain i hated putting that up. When i did it was ALOT and took me FOREVER. Then if it didn't sell with in the time limit which was most likely because things really didn't sell during the week for me. It was sent back and i had to do it all over again. Towards the end of me playing i would sell to the shops or make into Materials that i could use in "Enchanting". I think putting things in the AH for Days would be better then putting things in for only Hours.

Is the "Consignment House" the same time limit?

#9 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

-Unsure on the exact workings of the CH hopefully more info soon.

WoW's was pretty bad, CoX's was easily manipulated, and in my early EQ2 days i just flat-out ignored the auction activities to do the daily craft quests to build up coin.

Jergis

#10 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

That was an interesting read. It gave me a lot of insight on how things work, and even though I knew most of it already, it dealt with the combat vs. crafting issues, flying mounts, and other things. I'm waiting to hear more!

#11 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

My wife and I had a thought... as much as we love to fly, we'd rather *not* have flying mounts in at release, and would prefer to have them added later (although probably not too much later, I really would miss flying).

the thinking is... we have this new awesome world to explore... wouldn't it be a shame to miss most of it because flying will let you just hop over everything to get to where you have to go?

a couple weeks of exploring on foot or a normal riding mount might do a better job of teaching the 'lay of the land' and such.

and I'd hate to miss a cool new dungeon or or place to explore because I was in a hurry to turn in a quest or something and just flew over.

#12 Cerwyn

Cerwyn

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNHK Headquarters

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

Alganon will be tracking the posted and sale prices for all items and inform the player through the Auction House interface what is the going "rate" for an item. We also have plans for players being able to research the change in market values over a period of time.

:D :D :D

hope this works, but I can already imagine somebody with multiple accounts selling something to himself for 1g repeatedly in order to lower the price before he bought it through the consignment house or selling it to himself for 20 times its actual value before selling it at the auction house.

We are also looking at supporting Flying Mounts at release

omg yes, I seriously hope this happens :D

though they'll probably be extremely expensive, which should address Therian's concern of people missing stuff. people will be too poor at the start to buy flying mounts and will have to walk everywhere (unless they spam the noob dungeon and dedicate all their gold to getting a flying mount, and maybe not even then if its really expensive)

it could mean doing daily crafting quests to gain special rare materials that are bind on pickup, and, while found easily by adventurers, are only available to non-adventurers via daily quests.

but what about people like me that want our crafter to be our alt since you can't learn all four crafting skills on a single character? D:
or people who want to hire a crafter to make their uber cool new gear that requires one (or more) of these ingredients? or will these materials only be required for skill leveling purposes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users