#1 DeLang

DeLang

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Just read this from Q&A #9 response:

We have also placed a lot of information about the lore into a subset of quests that relate to the Study system. Players who are interested in learning more about the world and using that knowledge to gain some extra coin, experience, and phat lootz, can choose to focus their studies on certain elements of Alganon's history and culture. Gaining ranks in these studies opens up new quest chains and daily quests that provide additional rewards for those who choose to learn more about the history, culture, and creatures of Alganon.

Absolutely fantastic. I'm really excited about this!

How great that Alaganon will offer more than just personal enrichment from geeking out on Lore. We're used to seeing Lore woven into quests, but linking part of the Study System to the Lore and incorporating coin, xp and shiny rewards just takes it from pound cake to rum-soaked poundcake with icing served by a bevvy of blush-inducing personal attendants.

Way to squarely hit the nail on the head. Can't wait!

I'm wondering if any fellow forum travellers have thoughts about possible titles which might be granted for advancing this part of the Study system? What do you anticipate most about this aspect of the game?

#2 Suthainn

Suthainn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm equally as excited from learning how in depth the whole Questing, Study, Scribing, Lore and Library systems all integrate together. The more I learn about Alganon the more it strengthens my gut feeling that this MMOG is going to be something special.

As far as titles go, I really like the word Erudite to be the highest title/rank.

Erudite
  • characterized by great knowledge; learned or scholarly
  • characterized by extensive reading or knowledge
  • having or showing profound knowledge

I think it represents the title/rank of a Grand Master Scriber very well and fits into the Alganon lore nicely.

#3 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:50 AM

Well, regarding titles there are the serious ones and the more humorous. I tend to favor the latter. Ones like:

• Casual Cataloger
  • Sleepy Scriber
  • Busy Bookworm
  • Lachrymose Librarian

"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#4 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

-I think i'd go for something besides Erudite. It fits but EQ has that name locked down. There are plenty of synonymous terms for the same idea that don't blatantly refer to EQ, as pointed out above.

Titles are fun for many players, definitely an idea to consider.

Jergis

#5 Suthainn

Suthainn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Nice submissions Grymmoire.

-I think i'd go for something besides Erudite. It fits but EQ has that name locked down. There are plenty of synonymous terms for the same idea that don't blatantly refer to EQ, as pointed out above.

Titles are fun for many players, definitely an idea to consider.

Jergis

Thanks for pointing that out because I'm not familiar with EQ at all.

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

#6 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

Lore will actually be a part of the skill system? I'm interested to see how that will play out, but it gives an interesting idea of how previously non-useful things will be integrated in the Alganon world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users