#1 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

RPG Vault gets all the details on the Library and Studies features in this latest article. Learn how you will be able to access in-game information and expand your characters development while offline.

Check it out in their Alganon Peek #9 update!: http://rpgvault.ign....1/961747p1.html

#2 Vanpry

Vanpry

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

"A starting character begins with some basic studies that are immediately available for learning. Increasing this number requires obtaining access to more from trainers located in nearby towns. They can also be acquired through books that can be purchased or found, or may be provided as quest rewards."

Good read just a quick question. Do you plan on having books that can only be acquired via raiding and are found books BoA or can they be sold on the AH?

#3 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

-You mean i have to *read* in this game as well as fight, craft, and run?

Reading is hard...

Good info, pedal to the metal!

Jergis

#4 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Most will be able to be sold on the AH. There are a few that are bind on pickup (aka: bind on acquire). We've taken care that the BoP items are specifically related to the means of obtaining them. For example - a study that improves a tank's ability to hold threat may be a BoP reward from a raid, because it is only important to those who run raids, but a crafting study would not be bound, as we do not want to require crafters to raid.

#5 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

-Makes sense, i like that approach not only for books but items as well. Looking forward to more

Jergis

#6 Vanpry

Vanpry

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

Excellent, good to hear!

-Makes sense, i like that approach not only for books but items as well. Looking forward to more

Jergis

Completely agree with Jergis on this one. Developers have let raid items completely unbalance the entire game.

#7 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:47 AM

-One of my many pet peeves: Killing a skeleton that used a sword on me, the damage counter indicated slashing damage against me, and the bastich doesn't drop a sword or knife as loot...

Jergis

#8 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

The how to obtain study answered a question a friend and I had been discussing not 24 hours before the interview was posted. As I say variety is key and using as many ways possible to learn new skills is a good move.

Most will be able to be sold on the AH. There are a few that are bind on pickup (aka: bind on acquire). We've taken care that the BoP items are specifically related to the means of obtaining them. For example - a study that improves a tank's ability to hold threat may be a BoP reward from a raid, because it is only important to those who run raids, but a crafting study would not be bound, as we do not want to require crafters to raid.

This just gave me the thought that a way of giving crafting ideas to players is while they are actually crafting, I'm sure while crafting a sword many a blacksmith has thought "What if i did it this way?" leading to new items or new study so to speak.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users