#1 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

While only Gen Con is within a few hundred miles of my home (it used to actually be quite close), I am excited about the summer events this year.

Right about this time is when that excitement peaks... why? Because I love in Wisconsin and this is the coldest time of the year, so I dream of warmer and friendlier days :).

What events are you looking forward too? Since we have our MyAlganon Pictures, Blogs, and other features up, I would like to see what previous events you've attended and what excites you about those coming in 2009.

#2 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

Sorry I don't live in the US, so unless someone wants to buy me a plane ticket ..... :(
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#3 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:57 AM

Doesn't have to be U.S. exclusive! What's in your area? :)

#4 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

Absolutely nothing :) get the most remote country in the world and then get the most remote city on that country and you'll find we don't get to see much around here.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#5 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

-I think you have one vote for Quest to make a trek to Germany in the other post. For me, i don't generally do gaming events, but a good buddy and indie software developer will be at GDC end of next month. He'll be the guy wandering around taking pictures of everything. I told him to give you guys a good ribbing if you made it, but i secretly hope yer busy working away on end-game bad guys instead of talking to the masses.

Jergis

#6 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

We might send one lonely person to GDC to help us gain exclusives for you :).

#7 Zianix

Zianix

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationSweden.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

The sad thing is, I only got one friend that actually enjoy playing fantasy-like computer games. So I wouldn't go to an event. I'm not much of an event person anyway though.

We got Dreamhack in Sweden, which is kind of big. Not my type of people though.

#8 Farrownarr

Farrownarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWakefield, England

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

In England we have stuff that goes on all year round, like we have this thing in London called the Medieval Banquet, its based in Henry VIII times and you go there dressed up as knights or peasents or whatever and you eat there (obviously) but its kind of like IRL RP, it's really fun, me and my brother went twice, there's also the Darkmoon Faire in London but thats mainly trading card games from WoW (gets boring, only exciting if you get a scratch card), but the Medieval Banquet is something I look forward to when I visit london. I also like In game events if Alganon has stuff like the Darkmoon faire :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users