Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationSweden.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

http://se.youtube.co...feature=related

Looks kinda nice.
Any impression on this game? perhaps some of you has allready played the beta?

Somehow I just got very interested in playing this game. I'm not sure what it is. If it's the animations, graphics, sound or whatever. But it seems to have "that special feeling" compared to both Warhammer Online and Runes Of Magic (which I tried today)

It looks fun!
I'm downloading the free-2-play client now.

#2 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

That was a game I was interested about, had seen a video here and there. I thought it was still in Beta, I guess I should have checked back more often.

Going to download the client today also.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#3 Zianix

Zianix

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationSweden.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

I'm lvl 3 now. Rogue.
Tcos seems great actually. Compared to both Vanguard, Runes Of Magic and Warhammer... i'm impressed so far, with everything. The selection screen/music... and intro when you're starting playing was really cool.
The sound is way better than all those games as well.

The Character animations are very absurd, but still they seem to fit excelent into the world (like in WoW)

Thus far, everything seem good. I will continue playing this and see what happens. I recommend you to try it out now when it's free! Perhaps we can do a little Alganon forum guild if you like it, who knows...
I can't remember what the server name is that i'm playing on, but I will look it up. My name is Ensam anyway, if you want to say hi later.

Over and out
Zianix

#4 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

-Sounds like yer enjoying yourself in that game. Let us know a bit more details about your experiences, technical pluses and minuses, etc when you get a chance. I like reading the details on those!

Jergis

#5 Zianix

Zianix

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationSweden.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

Ok so, so far... I'm lvl 7. And therefor I cannot play more unless I buy the game.
Tcos is however a very very promising game. I will wait a month for the patch then I will probably try it out again.

The pluses so far is:

1. The animations fits really good into the world.
2. I find the fps (you have to aim yourself) system to be a bit "new" and fun.
3. The atmosphere is great and the surroundings too. (nice design)
4. The introduction to the game (before you start playing), and the select menu from where you chose your race and "class" was very good, and looked very nice.
5. The class system is pretty cool. You can choose from Warrior, Rogue and Spellcaster at the begining. Then at lvl 5 you are able to choose from 3 different paths on each... for example: Rogue can choose to become a "Trickster" (specialized in traps, gadgets and what not) or "Skinshifter" / Deathhand.
6. The overall design is good. I like the artwork like maps and such.
7. You often have the option to say different things to questgivers. This will effect the outcome.
Once I answered sarcastic to this lumberjack quest giver, and didn't get the quest I was suppose to get from him beaceause of that, instead I had to run back a bit and take another one.

The minuses:

1. The "gear" you wear basically has no effect. You instead get to put "sigils" in your cloths later which will make them more or less powerful. This sucks in my opinion beacuse you cannot see who is powerful. And I like the aspect that if you are powerful you should look powerful. A lvl 1 and a lvl 50 shouldn't look the same, which is the case in Tcos. Also you can choose whatever weapon you like. For example you can use axe as a rogue. Weapons is the same as with cloths. No effect at all. This was really dissapointing for me.

2. There are no bosses or instances to defeat. I like to team-up and solve quests, use tactics and defeat bosses... this might be added later, but if there are no dungeons "instances" it comes down to soloing a lot, which i'm not very fond of.

3. The areas so far is a bit too much the same all over (unlike WoW where it was very shifting. Every area looked almost totally different. )

4. The quests are nothing new. Kill these, bring this. And occationally a run quest, example where you have to solve a murder (that one I found the most fun so far, bit more brain behind it)

5. No low level PvP.

6. The music has too much synth/ambatient in it. Which makes me think: isn't this suppose to be a fantasy/middle-age world. Did they really have a lot of electrical keyboards back then? Kinda destroys the feeling of being back in time....

7. Too much running in general.

8. Insane spawn time. Me and a guy entered a cave, and as fast as we defeated one group of thugs, the ones behind us popped up. (same as in Vanguard)

Still I found Tcos better than Vanguard (ofcourse..... Vanguard was a piece of crap) Warhammer and Runes Of Magic.

#6 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

-Thanks for the report, Zianix, appreciate the read.

I was hoping when you said something about sigils that they showed on the clothing. A rune-covered character could look pretty darn cool with the right art style.

Jergis

#7 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

Told my friend that the game was around, since he had been waiting for a while for it. He was also trying to explain to me the conditions the game works under something like 9moons but was way to confusing for me. Anyway it appears the game doesn't work under Windows 7, so looks like a no go for me for now. I'm going on his word at this time, apparently the anti-hack software that runs doesn't support Windows 7 and the company has said it wont until Win7 is actually released yadda yadda etc etc. I have a copy of the game now anyway and will see what damage I can do to my system :)
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users