33 replies to this topic

#1 Rewind

Rewind

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

I've been checking the forums every couple of days to see any progress on the new expansion pack. When is it coming out? I'll definitely return once it does...

#2 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

We haven't set a solid release date yet, but rest assured that we're hard at work on it. Keep an eye on the forums or your registered e-mail address for any updates regarding the expansion release date.

#3 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

The expansion pack is very much in development and we're still planning on releasing it before the end of the quarter. More news will be at the upcoming GDC 2012 conference in San Francisco in early March.
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#4 chasharita

chasharita

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Is this a closed conference? Or is the public allowed to attend any of it?

Just wondering......

#5 Tharkan

Tharkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

We haven't set a solid release date yet, but rest assured that we're hard at work on it. Keep an eye on the forums or your registered e-mail address for any updates regarding the expansion release date.

The expansion pack is very much in development and we're still planning on releasing it before the end of the quarter. More news will be at the upcoming GDC 2012 conference in San Francisco in early March.

Weren't we promised the expansion in winter 2011? The comic designed to advertise it sure did, and so far there is no sign of it. Call me paranoid, but isn't that a bad sign, to promise an expansion via advertisement, yet not only not release it, but not even post a news alert on the main website saying that it will be delayed?

#6 Issy

Issy

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSomeplace in Alganon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

All that was promised was an expansion. A firm date was never given per the quotes you provided. We are still in the winter of 2011 so why would they post a delay. As in all developement I would rather wait for something. Releasing a project before it is ready doesn't do anyone any good.

#7 Issy

Issy

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSomeplace in Alganon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

doube posted so removed the double

#8 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Weren't we promised the expansion in winter 2011? The comic designed to advertise it sure did, and so far there is no sign of it. Call me paranoid, but isn't that a bad sign, to promise an expansion via advertisement, yet not only not release it, but not even post a news alert on the main website saying that it will be delayed?

As Issy mentioned, we hadn't announced a hard date for the expansion but were shooting for this winter/this quarter. I realize the comic said Winter 2011 but it was meant to go into 2012 as well. Nothing's changed between then and now. Sorry for the confusion on that!
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#9 Tharkan

Tharkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

As Issy mentioned, we hadn't announced a hard date for the expansion but were shooting for this winter/this quarter. I realize the comic said Winter 2011 but it was meant to go into 2012 as well. Nothing's changed between then and now. Sorry for the confusion on that!

Ah ok that clears up everything thanks!

#10 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

There is no confusion. We are still in the Winter 2011 period which - btw - doesn't end until the end of March 2012.

The comic was correct. The expansion has not been delayed - and won't be.

Also, if you haven't been keeping up, I am planning on giving all those who purchase the expansion, early Beta access to the Line Of Defense game being developed at another company I own and which is being released at the end of June 2012. If you don't know anything about, check out the game's website and Facebook page (which has a lot more recent shots due to the website undergoing a revamp)
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#11 Lukather

Lukather

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

those who purchase the expansion

Not a big surprise there, and personally not much of an issue (if Tribute market prices are anything to go by). If I'm not mistaken, though, this is the first time it is stated here.

Will F2P (with level cap) after the expansion include only the two currently existing factions?

#12 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yes, the F2P content will have the same factions as are in there now. The expansion will need to be purchased to access the new race content.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#13 Lukather

Lukather

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the info.

*goes to rattle piggy bank*

#14 Joanne Simmonds

Joanne Simmonds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

I was just wondering is there any idea of how much this expansion might cost so I can get some money together to purchase it when it hits, I am not after an exact figure unless you can give me one, but an around the price would be handy such as might be around $20 or so forth, I am from the UK and work in pounds but does not worry me if you give it me in dollars as I can convert this easy enough, I play on the US servers though cause the EU ones are empty. Thanks in advance :)

#15 zerof

zerof

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

I would like to start saving for the expansion as well. A rough estimate on the cost will help me figure out how many meals to skip. An pricing information will be appreciated.

#16 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

While no pricing has been set yet, all I can say is that everyone who is a fan, will be able to afford it. :)

#17 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

There is no confusion. We are still in the Winter 2011 period which - btw - doesn't end until the end of March 2012.

The comic was correct. The expansion has not been delayed - and won't be.

Considering there is only 1 week left for the month of March any chance we can get some teasers? perhaps some details on the new expac? i.e. screenshots or videos.

thanks.
Posted Image

#18 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Nothing .. nada .. zip .. ONLY LoD was main topic, matter of fact it seems you guys are so busy trying to release LoD before summer Alganon has been put aside?

For those that do not know, LoD = Line of Defense its a 3000ad (Dereks) 15th MMO (correct me if im wrong please?) ..

Anyway, Derek please dont pull a David Allen .. Your supposed to be better!
Posted Image

#19 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

We will post some videos and shots soon.

Also, I am waiting for the end of the month to do my final review of the current status before I decide what comes next. If it's not fully cooked, I will delay it and there is no rush or incentive to release it if it's not ready. More news soon.

btw we distributed t-shirts, posters, post cards etc at GDC and they were all gone within the first day apparently. We're going to be printing some more for E3 in June.

#20 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

We will post some videos and shots soon.

Also, I am waiting for the end of the month to do my final review of the current status before I decide what comes next. If it's not fully cooked, I will delay it and there is no rush or incentive to release it if it's not ready. More news soon.

btw we distributed t-shirts, posters, post cards etc at GDC and they were all gone within the first day apparently. We're going to be printing some more for E3 in June.

To be honest at this point it really makes no difference if you do or do not release on time, its been since June 2011 when the expac was first announced? so all things considered i feel (along with perhaps the rest of the community) well believe you when we see it.

However, the fact that No News, No Updates, No Shots, No Videos not even minor details on some of the new features being added have been posted is where my confussion comes from (perhaps others may share the same).

As for GDC, its of no surprise. Alganon has a fairly unique feel to it and still has a place with niche players, always has!

Anywho .. i look forward to seeing perhaps a rare glimpse to the ever so elusive screenshots or videos or even more details on the new upcoming features for the expac!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users