8 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Seraph

Dark Seraph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Ok, I understand the Silverlight Blades. That was just a matter of time, being the only +spellpower (of any significance) offhand weapon. The Crafted PvP stuff though....ouch. That's like selling me a Ferrari, then taking the tires away. Those things have just been rendered worthless in one fell swoop, minus the weapons and tabard.

#2 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

As we have discussed elsewhere, the fact that talismans could be applied to rings, necklaces and trinkets was a bug that was needing a fix. The fix was applied today with the hotfix and we will be refunding the tribute spent on the talismans for the items affected (I will post again on this later).

As to the severity of losing the talismans, this puts stats back in line with what they should be at and helps content be more balanced to what it's meant to be. I can see where losing bonus stats on these fixed items will have an impact for the more severe players, but it's not as much as has been talked about. While the removal of talismans from these items wasn't ideal, it was a needed fix. Thankfully these items are far from worthless as designed and the loss of the applied talisman bonus doesn't change that fact.

If anyone has any questions on the talisman bug fix, please hit me up via PM, e-mail (support@qol.com) or in-game and I'll be happy to answer them.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#3 zerof

zerof

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

I am sure it was a bug that needs fixing.

But it doesn't change the fact that some of us invested a whole lot for these items -- time for the necessary renown level to craft and to wear, money on PVP studies and study boosts, money on orbs to craft the items, and money on talismans. A number of us easily spent amount equivalent, if not more, to six or seven months worth of a typical game subscription since the introduction of Keeps. I wouldn't have bother if the talisman slot was not there to begin with.

Reimbursing for the talismans is not enough. There should be a way for us to return the items and get back tributes equivalent to orbs needed for the craft.

#4 Dark Seraph

Dark Seraph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Zerof's reply hits the nail on the head from my standpoint Pad. If these items hadn't been shown with talismans in the first place, I wouldn't have bothered to invest the time nor the monetary units in getting the recipes or crafting the items, save the tabard (since no others have stats), the bow (again, one of 2 in game that has a tali slot), and the arrows (highest dps arrows avail). I had ToF stuff available that was as good as these PvP items were. The fact that they offered a talisman slot in which I could further enhance the specific stat that I chose was what sold me on them. As a previously stated "severe gamer", I put a lot of effort into achieving near perfection...

In response to putting things in balance, I would submit to you that he/she who spends X amount of hours ( I can assure you that X is quite large) working towards the required renown levels to wear those items probably deserves to have a bit of an edge.

Without attempting to argue, I would state that I'm quite disappointed in the change. Perhaps it's partially my fault for not realizing there was a thread somewhere stating that these were never supposed to have tali slots. Considering that the only items that didn't have them were the arrows, caster widget, and tabards.....making roughly 75-80% of the crafted items have tali slots, I don't see why anyone would assume it was anything other than by design.

#5 Padreic

Padreic

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

I consider your both replies very civil in the face of a sudden change, so thanks very much for that. Opinions and feedback are a huge part of development, especially when they're constructive.

I know very well that this design decision/bug fix isn't sitting well with some players and I'd like to further discuss the issue with the QOL team to make sure players who have spent the time crafting gear for the talisman slots aren't left out in the cold. Whether this is the tribute refund for affected talisman purchases I mentioned above or something further is something we'll pound out. I still stand by my comments from earlier about their usefulness without talismans involved and that it was a bug that needed to be fixed, but I very much understand your concerns as well.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#6 Dark Seraph

Dark Seraph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Would it be possible to "grandfather" in the pre-existing items to maintain their talisman slots? Even though it's not originally my idea, I see this as a very amicable solution. From our side, it maintains the items that we put the time, money, and effort into achieving. From your side of the situation, it doesn't immediately fix the issue at hand. However, as the level cap is raised and/or new items become available, the handful of grandfathered items that exist would potentially become obsolete. Just trying to throw an idea out really.

#7 Dagonet

Dagonet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Where do we find out that a Hotfix even occurred, or what all changed?

Did Fortitude change with this Hotfix as well?

#8 Padreic

Padreic

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Right here: http://www.alganon.c...dpost__p__48197

Normally they're posted in that section when we hotfix. For some reason my post wasn't showing for everyone, so I just remade it.

#9 Padreic

Padreic

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that after much discussion talismans will remain removed from necklaces, trinkets and rings as the hotfix intended and everyone affected has been contacted about it and refunded Tribute for their losses. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to answer them. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users