#2 Zheng

Zheng

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:59 AM

Without a doubt Kujix. The "dark side" has always been my favorite domain. They tend to be the underdogs and that's for me. Especially where PvP is concerned, being outnumbered makes you a better player in those situations so when you're faced with even numbers, you'll almost always win.

Plus, I guess I'm just stubbornly different like that.

#3 kravix

kravix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:41 AM

I will take order hands down. My prefered class has always been Paladin, atlthough I played a Thane in DAOC. Even in the games where Paladins were gimped I have always prefered them.

#4 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:09 AM

ya i also would chose kujix. i am a big fan of evil.

#5 Dragon Zero

Dragon Zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

Order because I like playing a good guy and the bad guys don't have any races worth playing to me.

#6 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:43 PM

thats not allways true i mean have you played elder scrolls of marrowind? all the bad guys are the best. dark elfs and the lizzard dudes lol if not you should try it its a great game.

#7 Tagrun

Tagrun

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

Well you can't say either side. Most likely they will be balanced. Hopefully we will be abel tot complete quests to get the ears of other deities besides our own.

#8 Iago

Iago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hard to say, seeing as we lack a lot of data on races. In Warcraft, I generally played Horde, but that had a lot more to do with the fact that the faction had a more mature playerbase. There's been a lot of discussion about how the more... er, shallow players seemed to gravitate towards the "pretty" races. I suppose it'll be downhill for the Horse when those Blood Eeves come in...

#9 Entmaster

Entmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNORWAY

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:07 AM

I'm doomed to be a good guy, i just can't enjoy a game when beeing a bad-y. I don't know why :?

#10 Rygen

Rygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:12 AM

I pick Asheroth I'm not that big of a fan of magic in MMORPG the only magic race i like in Wow was shammy, mage and priest. i genreally prefer rouges, hunter, warrior and the only spellcaster is a priest/healer.

I liked the druids but it was very hard to lvl with them at a low lvl base for me

#11 dice

dice

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:07 AM

Firstly...

Morrowind... UGH. Kick in the teeth to the masterpiece that was Daggerfall. Haven't played Oblivion, but heard nothing good.... sigh.

Sorry, just had to vent some of my frustration at Bethesda Softworks there.

Back to the Order/Chaos debate...
This is a cool one, because Order and Chaos does not suggest Good/Evil.
Let me illustrate the point with an example:

You are a necromancer who controls the entire world. Every-one is enslaved and in your dominion. Everything is orderly: everyone does what you want or your zombies torture them for a few millenia. You don't want chaos; you like the way it is. This form of order suits you just fine.

You are a slave in that necromancer's mines. You believe in freedom and justice and other "good" things. The only way you can see this happening, is to overthrow the current dictator, to revolt against the system, to overthrow its stability and replace the authoritarian system with a more ad-hoc, free society.

---------

As you can see, order and chaos cannot be attributed to good and evil in such a manner...

To take things one step further, it can be said that the the strict neutrality (where things are neither too orderly (stagnant) nor too chaotic (anarchic)) is envisaged by nothing and nobody; each person seeks to instill upon the world some absolute form of something...

Indeed, if the world was totally stagnantly "good" then could it not be said that some "evil chaos" could be necessary in order to get society to change, to evolve, to grow? In which case, how do you define "good" and how do you define "evil"?

You cannot say "anything which promotes stability is evil" or conversely "anything which promotes stability is good" simply because this is untrue.

--------------------

Whoa, way off track, I hear you say.
Not so.

I see no reason why I couldn't be an Asheroth Necromancer (perhaps DA would have a few words to say about that, but you get the idea), or a Kujix Paladin (freedom and anarchy, my brothers :-)

I would like to see those factions being more in terms of "Do you seek stability, or change?" than "Do you like to club baby seals to death, or do you like the smell of buttercups and daisies?"

Just my rant. The bait is doused in lighter fluid; flame away.

#12 Iago

Iago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

WoW set up their "evil" side with sufficent lore that allowed its players to view them sympathetically. The Alliance could be perceived as fairly xenophobic, ignoring the circumstances that pit them against the orcs in the first place. Sadly, quite a few RPers would have loved for some communication between the sides, but it wasn't possible in-game.

#13 Rygen

Rygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

dice wrote:

Firstly...

Morrowind... UGH. Kick in the teeth to the masterpiece that was Daggerfall. Haven't played Oblivion, but heard nothing good.... sigh.

Sorry, just had to vent some of my frustration at Bethesda Softworks there.

I've heard nothing but good about bethesda and all its games :D xD

#14 llamabread

llamabread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

Evil is more fun if you get the options to be evil. If you can do evil things during a quest or mission that change the outcome it is always more fun for me. But if it really makes no difference I'll be the good guy because everyone loves a hero... riiiiighht? :wink:

#15 lurker1

lurker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces NM USA

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:49 PM

I will most likely be on the side of Asheroth as being a martyr type character has always be more interesting to me, but it will depend on what races they have for each side.

#16 Goondi

Goondi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:08 PM

Hiya!

Asheroth... until I see the other races. The standard human is my default unless there is something "off the wall" to choose from. Dosent have anything to do with good/evil Order/chaos

Ouy!

#17 S0ulb0und

S0ulb0und

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

ok heres how i see it... anyone who always goes with the "hero" when playing games seeks the glory or attention they cannot or are to shy to go out and obtain themselves in reality. they strive to be noticed and being a hero in some fictional game is the only way they can achieve that burning desire to be the hero and save the day or do something great or be that perfect special person... i go with kujix dark magic just kicks a**

#18 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

ok heres how i see it... anyone who always goes with the "hero" when playing games seeks the glory or attention they cannot or are to shy to go out and obtain themselves in reality. they strive to be noticed and being a hero in some fictional game is the only way they can achieve that burning desire to be the hero and save the day or do something great or be that perfect special person... i go with kujix dark magic just kicks a**

Yeah I get that. I love the "dark" side, I also like the idea of choosing what the majority don't choose, so the Kujix appeals to me almost automatically.

#19 Zianix

Zianix

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationSweden.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

I will definitely play on the Kujix side too.

#20 Vlisson

Vlisson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:48 AM

option: i choose one of the other races (not published yet) ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users