• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bill4747

Bill4747

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Ok, I am a new player and I need advice on what crafting skills to learn.

I plan to be an Ice Magus, and like the idea of crafting my own armor.

As I understand it, if I want to craft 'tankish' armor for my Ice Magus I would learn Blacksmithing.

Should I learn mining with that? kinda clueless :)

Edited by Bill4747, 09 June 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#2 Heath

Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, US

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

A Magus can only wear light, cloth armor. Blacksmithing would be useless for you as you can only craft medium and heavy armor with Blacksmithing. You would need to learn Tailoring to craft "Light" armor.

#3 Issy

Issy

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSomeplace in Alganon

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

actually you will have some recips for all classes in all crafts. So even a blacksmith can make light armor, stats will more be geared towards defense. As a tailor light armor would be more DPS, and leatherworker a mix.

#4 Heath

Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, US

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Weird, I am 250 mining and almost 250 Blacksmithing, but have 0 Light armor recipes. All Medium and Heavy. This makes sense, because Blacksmith's do not work with cloth primarily. Tailoring is the only one I have seen that makes Light cloth armor.

Does a Blacksmith have to buy the Light armor recipes from some special vendor or something?

#5 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Weird, I am 250 mining and almost 250 Blacksmithing, but have 0 Light armor recipes. All Medium and Heavy. This makes sense, because Blacksmith's do not work with cloth primarily. Tailoring is the only one I have seen that makes Light cloth armor.

Does a Blacksmith have to buy the Light armor recipes from some special vendor or something?

There is no special vendor for light armor recipes on a blacksmith. You learn the light armor recipes from the same trainers that you get the rest of the recipes from. Next time you're in game, open up your blacksmithing crafting window and look for "Light Armor" if there is a "+" next to it then click that and it should show all your light armor recipes.

[Cobalt-thread Kirtle] is an example of a light armor blacksmithing item

#6 Bill4747

Bill4747

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

There is no special vendor for light armor recipes on a blacksmith. You learn the light armor recipes from the same trainers that you get the rest of the recipes from. Next time you're in game, open up your blacksmithing crafting window and look for "Light Armor" if there is a "+" next to it then click that and it should show all your light armor recipes.

Ok, so it looks like Blacksmithing is what I need to make 'defensive cloth armor' ?

What should my second crafting skill be?

#7 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ok, so it looks like Blacksmithing is what I need to make 'defensive cloth armor' ?

Mining would probably be your best bet if you're wanting to be mostly self sufficient. Though you will often need items from other professions since the tradeskills were designed to be fairly interdependent on more than just two tradeskills to promote trading.

#8 Bill4747

Bill4747

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

Mining would probably be your best bet if you're wanting to be mostly self sufficient. Though you will often need items from other professions since the tradeskills were designed to be fairly interdependent on more than just two tradeskills to promote trading.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users