Greetings from the QOL dev team, we have a HUGE amount of topics to cover in this newsletter so let's get right to it, shall we? Here's a brief summary of the major topics, we'll cover each of these in more detail in the rest of this newsletter.
Alganon is Expanding!
That's right, the first expansion pack for Alganon is currently under development, and will be coming soon! There will be new lands to explore and conquer, a brand new playable race, a new class, player housing, flying mounts, PvP Battlegrounds, and more!
Keeps Patch Imminent!
The world PvP system is now fully integrated in Alganon. Each faction now controls 4 keep fortifications on their home continent. Capturing all 4 of your enemy's keeps will allow you to attack your enemy's home city for a chance at epic PvP loot and other great items!
Free-for-all PvP Weekend : June 10-12!
All siege weaponry (Ballistae, Battering Rams, Boiling Oil, Landmines, Satchel Charges) will be available at no cost all weekend long! Also, we're covering the cost of your Battle Durability repairs. So get on out there and try out the new world PvP system!
Alganon Server Opening in the EU!
Our European Union fans have been asking for a EU server for ages, and we're finally able to deliver on our promise to host an Alganon server in Europe. Coming this month to the fantastic city of Amsterdam is the very first EU located Alganon server, Aeon.
Adrios and Hokk Become Matma'el!
In order to consolidate our player base in the US and free up resources for our new EU server, Adrios and Hokk are being merged into a single US server named Matma'el. To support this merge we've made a number of changes to way game systems work, all in favor of you, the player! Look below to read more about these changes and the coming merger.
As you can tell we're covering a lot of ground here, read on for a more detailed explanation of the topics above.
Alganon Expansion Underway!
With news so big we had to put this first! That's right, the first expansion pack for Alganon is currently under development, and will be coming soon! Read on to find out more about Alganon: Rise of the Ourobani!
The world of Alganon is a battleground for the gods. The deities of the Kujix embrace change, conflict and knowledge, while the gods of the Asharr represent creation, fire and life. For centuries, the Kujix and Asharr have fought each other for dominance of Alganon, each side trying to outmaneuver each other in what has become known as the War of Conversion. But the balance of power, that has resulted in a stalemate for so long, has been broken. Ouroban, a god believed lost to the void, has returned and brought with him secret knowledge about the portal system that enables the people of Alganon to travel freely about their world. With this knowledge, Ouroban has the power to transform, or even destroy, Alganon. The Temple and The Spindle, monuments built in Ouroban's name on the volcanic mount Ateis'Tepi, are the key to his secret. But before Ouroban could harness their power, one of his followers revealed what he knew to both the Kujix and Asharr. Now, these bitter rivals have united to seize The Spindle, destroy Ouroban's followers, the Ourobani, and, if they can, take the power for themselves…
Introducing Alganon: Rise of the Ourobani!
Very soon the world of Alganon will be expanding and with it will come major change. As the Ourobani stake their claim to the continent of Aeon, the Asharr and Kujix have a new threat to contend with. Will they be friend or foe? Only time will tell, the gods themselves cannot say.
Alganon: Rise of the Ourobani will have these features and lot's, lot's more!
- A brand new playable race, the Ourobani
- A new, unique leveling experience in the new continent of Aeon
- A new combat companion class playable by all races... The Warden
- Flying mounts in Alganon: See the lands as never before as you ride your mount through the skies!
- Player and Guild Housing will be available in each of the major cities, and on the island-city of Matma'el
- A new PvP Battleground system with battles which will affect the greater game world
- Hundreds of new quests and new types of quests
Alganon: Rise of the Ourobani coming soon!
Introducing PvP Keeps and World Control
The War of Conversion continues to rage. To solidify his hold, Vaspar Truthseer has ordered four great keeps to be erected in strategic points throughout Kujix lands. The keeps are nearing completion and will be garrisoned with strong troops to defend Kujix interests. Word of the Kujix plan spread to the continent of Ardonya through the Asharr spy network. Seeing the advantage this would give the Kujix, Bredon Furyslayer ordered that great keeps be also built in the lands under control of the Asharr. While this will help each leader to maintain control over his lands, both of them know this to be a two-edged sword. Should an enemy capture a keep, they will be very difficult to displace. In fact, by allowing an enemy to capture his keeps places his own very life in peril, for an enemy holding a keep near a capital city could certainly attack the city itself.
We're pleased to announce that the latest phase of our PvP rollout is complete. In this phase we've erected 8 keep structures throughout the lands of Alganon, four each on Ardonya and Harraja. These keeps are located in each zone which currently contains a set of 3 towers. An attacking army must take and control each of the 3 towers in order to unlock the keep for attack.
By using various siege weapons an attacking army can break through the various gates within a keep, then attack and defeat the commander. Successfully accomplishing this goal before losing control of any one of the three towers will change the control of that zone over to the attackers.
Each of the Keeps must be taken in order, from the furthest away to the closest to each Capital city. Once a faction controls all 8 keeps on Alganon they may then press their attack on their enemy's city. Killing Vaspar Truthseer or Bredon Furyslayer will net the victors the spoils of war! Epic PvP weapons, PvP accessories, Gold, Renown and Experience points. If either leader dies the world resets to its initial state, with each faction controlling 4 keeps.
PvP Keeps Features
- Massive keep structures defended by a token NPC garrison
- The ability to upgrade keep defenses through studies and questing
- Fixed keep defensive emplacements for defensive ballistae and boiling/burning oils
- Mobile Ballistae for attacking an enemy keep
- Battering Rams to break down gates
- Explosives such as Landmines and Satchel Charges for offense and defense
- An epic struggle to vanquish your enemy's leader, and receive the spoils of war
- PvP Study System now fully implemented. Customize your character for the way you like to PvP, and be the best you can be!
PvP Free-for-All Weekend June 10-12
To kick off the first weekend of the PvP Keeps patch we'll be holding a very special event. All the new siege weapons will be available from vendors located in each of the keep buildings at no cost. Load up, go attack the enemy and defend your keeps! Also, Battle Durability repair Tribute costs will be suspended the entire weekend. You'll still need to visit a repair vendor to keep your armor healthy, but the vendor will be working on our dime!
We'll also have CSGMs on hand to transport players who haven't quite reached the level necessary to get to the furthest keeps in the world, so everyone can join in the fray. Since all players get a Battlefield Promotion to level 50 in any PvP area, all players level 10 to 50 will be able to participate in this epic weekend!
Make plans now to join us for PvP Free-for-All Weekend!
European Server coming in June!
Our European fans have long been asking for it, and we're pleased that we've finally been able to answer your request. Centrally located in the heart of Amsterdam, our new Western European datacenter will host the first International server deployment of Alganon on a server named Aeon. Existing European Alganon players will be able to fully transfer their account to the Aeon server . We're excited to see Alganon grow in Western Europe, and we're glad to be able to provide this service. Help us spread the word across Europe and build our European fan base!
Alganon is expanding to Europe this month!
Adrios and Hokk Become Matma'el
In order to concentrate our U.S. player base and provide our players the best playing experience we're pleased to announce that on Wednesday, June 8th 2011 we'll be merging the populations of the Adrios and Hokk servers into a brand new realm named Matma'el. We've taken special care to ensure that when the merger is complete all characters will arrive on the new server completely intact. Due to the nature of unique first names in Alganon, please log in to the game immediately and check to make sure your account has no names flagged for change. This will be shown as an asterisk ( * ) next to the name. Should one or more of your characters be flagged for a name change this means the name has collided with another character from the other server. It's important that you check your account should you want to keep your character names intact, the first player to do so will take precedence. Merging the servers will also free up hardware resources that we'll be using to open a European server for our loyal players in western Europe!
We've made several changes to the game to support the merge of US servers. Most of these feature changes have also been highly requested by fans.
- Study on all your characters at the same time! An immensely popular player request has been fulfilled. You may now study on all your characters at the same time. Each character now has their own study queue, and we've removed all the previous single-study restrictions.
- Last names are no longer unique, nor account based! Another very often asked for feature that we're glad to provide to our fans. You may now change or remove the last name of any of your characters, individually. The last name of a character is not unique, so go ahead and create a family, get married, or just give your special character a special name. Look for the name registrar in each of the major cities.
- 16 character slots now available! Each account may now have up to 16 individual characters. Ok, that may be a bit excessive but it's better than deleting some of your characters when we merge... right? Besides, now that you can study on all your characters, who doesn't want a few extra alts? We say, go create them!
- All mail, bank items, shared bank items, guilds, guild banks, quests, and inventory will be fully transferred. We've taken special care to make sure your data is safe!
Matma'el will be the new US server starting June 8th!
Since you've already signed up for a MyAlganon account we've got some special offers for you. You will be able purchase these items at a special sale price in the Tribute Market starting June 10th!
- Battle Standard
- Challenger's Charm of Freedom
- Packet of Emergency Biscuits
- Grand Draught of Tenacity
- Tonic of Divine Bloodshed
- Super Pack
Alganon is a fantasy-based MMORPG that allows thousands of people to play together in a virtual world that features a rich history dominated by commanding deities, powerful weapons and armor, deadly magic, epic quests, ancient places to discover, the utilization of detailed tradeskills, and more. Designed from scratch and based in a uniquely created world, the goal in designing Alganon is to provide "Simple Gameplay with Unlimited Growth in a massive world of immersion and interaction."
Part of achieving this goal was to create a game that is easy for anyone to play, but also to build the game so that even the most skilled and hardcore gamer has the potential to grow beyond their expectations. A world where the casual and hardcore gamer alike can adventure, grow, and share their accomplishments with each other.
Our development team at Quest Online have designed everything from the ground up, tailored to feedback from the community about what you want to see in an MMO. While it can be difficult to select new games worthy of our time with so many prominent MMOs on the market, we have sculpted Alganon to be the game you do not have to dedicate all of your time to. We have implemented a system where your character evolves even when you aren't playing.
- Adventure together with thousands of other players simultaneously.
- Journey through an epic world filled with dungeons of different styles and depths.
- Explore two massive continents and their huge capital cities, which serve as major hubs for the races inhabiting them.
- Choose from two races and several classes - with more to come.
- Encounter hundreds of interactive characters and monsters.
- Learn the continuing story of Alganon by completing a wide variety of challenging quests.
- Practice various trade skills to help locate reagents, make and enhance custom items, acquire wealth through trade with other players, and more.
- A robust guild system with extensive management ability for community managers to establish rewards and ranks to suit their own tastes.
- Enjoy hundreds of hours of gameplay with new quests, items, and adventures in static and instance areas.
- Buy items, beef up your character etc using the Tribute micro-transaction system.
Join Today, Play Forever!