3 replies to this topic

#1 Zerinna

Zerinna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

POPULAR

Just downloading the game for the first time and while it seems like a good game the fact there are so many patches have to run threw, why not ether update the main download to already have these patches in them or make the download of patches so you dont have to constantly be pressing ok start game all the time only to download another patch and then press start game then download another patch and so on, Ive been threw 10 patches already and had to press start game inbatween each one and just looked up on the site and seen how many more I have to go threw >.< hope this game is worth it and I hope the rest of it isn't as frustrating.

#2 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

Just downloading the game for the first time and while it seems like a good game the fact there are so many patches have to run threw, why not ether update the main download to already have these patches in them or make the download of patches so you dont have to constantly be pressing ok start game all the time only to download another patch and then press start game then download another patch and so on, Ive been threw 10 patches already and had to press start game inbatween each one and just looked up on the site and seen how many more I have to go threw >.< hope this game is worth it and I hope the rest of it isn't as frustrating.

We'll be looking into creating a cumulative patch during our next patching process to help eliminate the need to download so many updates from the start. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience of having to download so many updates.

#3 Nostromo

Nostromo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

We'll be looking into creating a cumulative patch during our next patching process to help eliminate the need to download so many updates from the start. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience of having to download so many updates.

Same here guys. Some of us don't have gigabit inet connections & can't afford the time to watch the kettle boil while pushing 3 or 4 buttons across 10 patches - not a great 1st impression for new players.

This is one of my pet peeves for mmos in general - you spend hours/days d/ling the client, thinking you're finally about to play after you install it...only to be faced with gigabytes more in some cases of pacthes.

Why is it so difficult to keep the clients up to date at least monthly, if not weekly, considering you are the developers & have the source code after all...? *boggle*

(I've actually pulled the plug on f2p mmos a number of times when confronted with this BS - lucky your patches are not huge, but it's now the 2nd night of patching & I'm still not playing *sigh...this had better be good is all I can say! ;).

#4 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

We've got one coming shortly that will take care of all of those multiple patches.

Edit: It's live now!
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users