#1 Kinslayer

Kinslayer

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationIndiana , USA

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

When PvP actually takes off are you going to set lower lvl battle grounds as well? For example: 21-30, 31-40,41-49 or whatever so people can get renown fighting their own levels and possibly gain experience in the process rather than always being scaled up ?

Have you considered an area that the factions fight over that offers better loot/gear quicker leveling in ? This way even the PVErs will have some reason to help out the PvP people ?
50 Gimp Magus Cold-Elec, 50 Reaver-Prot, 42 Cab, 20 Ranger: Forsaken World 16 lvl Assasin Vampire

#2 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

When PvP actually takes off are you going to set lower lvl battle grounds as well? For example: 21-30, 31-40,41-49 or whatever so people can get renown fighting their own levels and possibly gain experience in the process rather than always being scaled up ?

Have you considered an area that the factions fight over that offers better loot/gear quicker leveling in ? This way even the PVErs will have some reason to help out the PvP people ?

We have discussed both of these ideas and are keeping several factors in consideration for the upcoming PvP content. We haven't released any additional post-Keeps information other than what was discussed in the November 2010 Newsletter.

A side note to your "area factions fight over" comment; the current Towers mechanic works like this now in relation to quicker leveling. The bonus buff a race gets by owning all 3 towers in an area grants an XP and Renown percentage gain on top of the Attack and Spell power bonuses. Anyone of that race that plays in that area gets the buff. It's not restricted to PvP players.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#3 Kinslayer

Kinslayer

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationIndiana , USA

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

We have discussed both of these ideas and are keeping several factors in consideration for the upcoming PvP content. We haven't released any additional post-Keeps information other than what was discussed in the November 2010 Newsletter.

A side note to your "area factions fight over" comment; the current Towers mechanic works like this now in relation to quicker leveling. The bonus buff a race gets by owning all 3 towers in an area grants an XP and Renown percentage gain on top of the Attack and Spell power bonuses. Anyone of that race that plays in that area gets the buff. It's not restricted to PvP players.

Ok thanks. I used to be the PVE only type not liking pvp. Dark Age had a good blend of this. Go here or port there and you welcome a fight so dont QQ rather than UOs anywhere is free for all mentality. I feel both were effective but I preferred *knowing* when I walked into a zone what is to be expected of me and that I didnt have to worry about people stealing my gear off my body when I died.

Edited by Kinslayer, 21 February 2011 - 04:18 PM.

50 Gimp Magus Cold-Elec, 50 Reaver-Prot, 42 Cab, 20 Ranger: Forsaken World 16 lvl Assasin Vampire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users