#1 Shadanwolf

Shadanwolf

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSouthern USA

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

As an x DAOC player on of the unfortunate facts of life in the current game is CROSS REALMING.Players having the ability to have characters of all realms on the same server.Allowing players to have characters with both realms facilitates abuse in my opinion.What kind ? Here are a few examples
-Players switching to the side that's about to take a tower of keep to get the benefits of the impending capture.
-players choosing to play on the dominant side...because it is the dominant side(significantly affecting realm balance)
-players of one realm spying or working with friends on the other side to facilitate player kills and tower/keep fight victory's

Yes...I have seen and experienced all of the above.Thoughts on the subject ?

#2 Issy

Issy

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSomeplace in Alganon

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

This at the moment isn't a problem in fact is helping some, due to the fact those that do have cross realm char's can log them in and attempt to get some defense going. .

Very few actual towers have been taken by the opposing faction. On hokk some have changed hands.

Adrios none have changed hands to my knowledge.

Anything that promotes a fight right now is a good things for all envolved.

If that requires someone to change realm so be it. Spying isn't a problem due to the alerts when something is being attacked. Most of the time before a tower is about to be attacked it is anounced, to try and drumm up advacaries.

Not enough has been said about what is coming down the line to judge if this is really going to be a problem. Has it other places yes, will it be here doubtful but still can creap up.

Right now all we can do is wait and see.

but if someone really wanted to be a spy and they did take away cross realm all you would have to do is create a diffrent account since free to play and they would bypass the restriction.

Edited by Issy, 27 January 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#3 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the well-worded reply on that Issy. As you said, sometimes a little cross-factioning is actually a boon instead of a hindrance.

As for Adrios towers, there has been some capturing done on both sides. The hasn't been a great deal of successful captures yet as people are still learning the ropes and what not to do when facing those Defenders, but it's getting more prominent. I was happy to watch a group of level 30 characters holding their own due to the help of Battlefield Promotion. :thumbsup:
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#4 Issy

Issy

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSomeplace in Alganon

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

YAY, Just sorry I happened to miss it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users