15 replies to this topic

#1 DeLang

DeLang

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:31 AM

Perhaps I missed it, but were the world maps for Ardonya and Harraja always available with that nifty magnifying glass affect?

They look great, by the way.

Looks like there's going to be boat travel from one continent to the next, judging by the docks with waypoints to other places as listed on the maps. Makes me curious what mount options or flight paths might become available.

Looking forward to more updates!

#2 Kenzo

Kenzo

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Perhaps I missed it, but were the world maps for Ardonya and Harraja always available with that nifty magnifying glass affect?

They look great, by the way.

Looks like there's going to be boat travel from one continent to the next, judging by the docks with waypoints to other places as listed on the maps. Makes me curious what mount options or flight paths might become available.

Looking forward to more updates!

Yes they were :P

#3 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:02 AM

-Aye the magnification tool thingy is nice, although i'm holding out for the more useful in-game tool of being able to do that wiht enough magnifying power to locate uglies on the Plains of Akra'toth for that last drop i need to complete my journeys on behalf of Prince Felden.

Jergis

#4 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:27 AM

One of the values we have at QOL is empowering you with information about the game. We aren't necessarily all about "keeping it till you discover it" mentality. While some things should remain secret, the world atlas is an excellent example of how we're bringing you information right away.

Alganon is not just about what is unique, but what makes sense and works, with a unique "flavor" to that commonality. The atlas is but one of those flavors :).

#5 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

-Sounds like a good philosophy, Berek, just don't spoil *all* the surprises for us.

I hope to have at least one "Oh #(%$" moment in Alganon that comes from far left field during my adventures.

Jergis

#6 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

Almost every day that I explore Alganon I have an "Oh #(%$" moment, so rest assured you likely will too :).

#7 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Almost every day that I explore Alganon I have an "Oh #(%$" moment, so rest assured you likely will too :).

sure sure.... rub it in... you get to play while we wait for keys.....

I'm thinking I can get beta & fervent to help me mug you for the key list.

#8 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Keys are generated in my sleep, so mugging would be ineffective :P.

#9 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

hmmm.

talk in your sleep much?

#10 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

*Stealthly :ninja: Grymmoire approaches Berek Halfhand's sleeping chambers. Chuckling at the Calvin & Hobbes pj's, he swiftly injects a small dose of Midazolam (aka Versed amensia drug), awaking Berek...."Now then you were telling me all of tomorrow's Beta key numbers, say again, slowly now so I do not miss them!" :devil: *
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#11 Farrownarr

Farrownarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWakefield, England

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

-puts a sound recorder in the room and stands in the corner looking cute :whistling: -

#12 Dendro

Dendro

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCenter of the Earth

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

Will we be able to edit the maps or place waypoints?

I'm old and I get lost easily but love to explore.

#13 krallor

krallor

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:47 AM

Would be nice to be able to put waypoints on the maps. I love to explore and would be nice to mark things that i may want to come back to at higher level or another day with some guildies.

#14 Farrownarr

Farrownarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWakefield, England

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

Would be nice to be able to put waypoints on the maps. I love to explore and would be nice to mark things that i may want to come back to at higher level or another day with some guildies.

Yeah or something like Assassins creed where you could put a marker on the map and it told you how far away you was from it and gave you directions. a personal sat nav :thumbsup:

#15 elidien

elidien

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Almost every day that I explore Alganon I have an "Oh #(%{:content:}quot; moment, so rest assured you likely will too :).

That is the most wonderful comment I have read yet and after reading it, my interest in this game increased by 100000000%.

THIS is what I love about MMO's and sadly, it has been a long time since I have had any of those moments in an MMO.

Edited by elidien, 06 July 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#16 firstknight

firstknight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

That is the most wonderful comment I have read yet and after reading it, my interest in this game increased by 100000000%.

THIS is what I love about MMO's and sadly, it has been a long time since I have had any of those moments in an MMO.

It sounds like there will be plenty for us explorers to do. :) The map is intriguing and since it appears that there will be explorer "families" so much the better. With the heavy (and I do mean VERY heavy) emphasis on PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, and...PvP these days, it's nice that there is SOMETHING else to do in a modern fantasy MMO...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users