4 replies to this topic

#1 zerof

zerof

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

After the last patch, I found problems spamming heals if there is an elevation difference (like target at the top of stairs or passage) between my character and the heal target. The problems go away if I move closer. The numbers on the spells do not turn red. It just won't cast and I do not see a "too far away" message. I use to be able to heal while staying at a spot that foes won't be able to reach me. But now it seems the target need to be really close if I do that.

Has anyone notice or have the same experience? I wonder if this is a bug or as intended from the last patch.

#2 Scoffer

Scoffer

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

To be honest its probably as intended.

They added line of sight to mobs and players alike so I'm assuming the problem is that when your target is on an elevated position your not getting LOS to them.
Posted Image
Was not my fault!

#3 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

They added line of sight to mobs and players alike so I'm assuming the problem is that when your target is on an elevated position your not getting LOS to them.

That sounds like the case. Though the top of a staircase where there's nothing between you and the heal target shouldn't post a problem, assuming the distance isn't excessive.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#4 zerof

zerof

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

If that is the case, then ranged attacks and all spells are affected by line of sight regardless of distance. I am not sure if line of sight limitation (or feature) makes sense to me for spell castings. It would be nice to have the ability to heal around the corner without being exposed to ranged attacks.

#5 beloit551

beloit551

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

while it might have been needed they should have fixed the pathing first. Between pathing and now this its all but made me give up on my mage totally now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users