5 replies to this topic

#1 alganon7

alganon7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hi:)

New to the game so maybe I just haven't found the right place. Anyway is there a way to evaluate a monster to see what it is vulnerable too aka it's weaknesses as well as what attacks they use? Kinda would help with those characters that have more than one attack form and adjusting your defenses to suit. Definitely would help with bosses.

Thanks & Blessings

#2 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

There's nothing available from us that lists the strengths, weaknesses or abilities of the enemies of Alganon, but I'm sure the community has ideas on how best to combat the baddies. While some dungeon bosses may seem to be broken or impossible, there are definitely ways of defeating all of them once the right strategy is discovered.

#3 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

As far as normal quest-related mobs, there isn't really a 'best way' - I've been successful with pretty much any damage type on most things. Boss mobs are different and there are definitely more effective things than others, but it tends to be more of a 'what not to use' rather than a 'what to use' - i.e. :

World Bosses (winds) > take less damage from electrical
World Boss (Empress) > casts Ravenous Consumption which causes fire, essence, and wrath damage to heal her, so its best to avoid those damage types.

While some 'regular mobs' will take more damage from certain types of damage, I have found that the difference is pretty negligible in terms of soloability of quest content requiring killing them. As for grinding, well, it isn't really necessary anymore in terms of levelling, however if you wanted to grind something for drops rather than trying to tailor what you're doing to the specific monster, I'd find a monster that you could kill quickly with the skills you have. Most classes don't really have that many 'choices' -

Mystics - wrath, wand, staff > while you can get different element wands, typically you'll end up with most dps + stats rather than a selection of elements to target weaknesses, as it isn't really necessary and takes up space, except for the above worldboss scenarios.

Champions - based on weapon element
Rangers - based on ammo element, weapon elements
Mages - fire, ice, lightning

For the most part with the exception of the mage I would focus on the 'highest dps' gear rather than taking something less to trade off for an elemental weakness on a specific monster - it just doesn't make that much difference. Most weapons aren't elemental anyway until higher levels and by then you have a decent grasp of things.

Generally speaking if you're going to grind, avoid caster mobs as they generally tend to have high magic resists (if you're playing a type that does damage with magic) though they tend to hurt more as well so typically only kill them if your quest says you have to, as getting 2 of them can be a quick death ;P

For grind purposes typically I choose where I'm going by what I want to get and how quick they will die, i.e. dreadbones > the lvl 36 raptors in the south part of Teldis tends to be the highest yield spot (good spawn, good drop rate, ease of killing).

If you give a more specific idea of what you're trying to do maybe can be of more specific help ;)
Posted Image
Anzha(50 Mystic), Anezaki (50 Ranger, Anri (50 Magus)

#4 MikeS

MikeS

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

On a specific case, it would have been useful to me if Darkmane had had a warning similar to the one on the White Skitter ie: the char requires more then one assail-er. I admit that I'm a bite of a slow learner, but only recently, when I was trying to find out what kind of damage is needed to slay him, was I informed that this guy comes with 4340 life points!!!!!!!!! Now I can see why every assault I made with 3 different chars (and 3 different damage types and more) wound up getting smeared in a heart-beat.
Does any one have any idea how big a mob it takes to 'get' this beast?

#5 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

On a specific case, it would have been useful to me if Darkmane had had a warning similar to the one on the White Skitter ie: the char requires more then one assail-er. I admit that I'm a bite of a slow learner, but only recently, when I was trying to find out what kind of damage is needed to slay him, was I informed that this guy comes with 4340 life points!!!!!!!!! Now I can see why every assault I made with 3 different chars (and 3 different damage types and more) wound up getting smeared in a heart-beat.
Does any one have any idea how big a mob it takes to 'get' this beast?

Just a little tip, you can actually display numbers on targets (and your own) life bar (among other UI elements) by going into the Interface Options > Text Overlays and place a check mark in the box next to "All". This should also help you discern how difficult a mob is before you step up to fight it.

#6 MikeS

MikeS

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thank you. When I went to look at the thing, it was set up as you advised. I know that I never looked at Darkmane's lifeline until I'd read about in the forums. I just assumed that all lvl 32s were pretty much the same. Ah well, we live and learn.... some of us much more slowly than others! :wallbash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users