• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

A few weeks ago, I was going down to our datacenter to do some inventory and such. While working out the plan, I decided to take the opportunity to bring the QOL team together so that we could all meet and greet.

Though not all (one other person arrived late and didn't make that team photo) of them could make it, it was quite a turn out and we all had a blast in Las Vegas on Sept 10-12 (some of us stayed the whole weekend).

This is a photo of Team QOL and which also includes founder Greg Wexler (fifth from the left and to my right) and majority investor Kelly Olauson (fathest left), both of whom made the trip.

NOTE: This is just the core QOL team. There are twice that many third-party contractors who worked on Alganon but who didn't make it to the meet due to either scheduling issues or because they do not reside in the US.

Posted Image
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#2 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

Not going to tell us who is who? ;)
Posted Image
Anzha(50 Mystic), Anezaki (50 Ranger, Anri (50 Magus)

#3 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

I'm almost afraid to even let you guess :wink: I'll give you me: 4th from the left.

I could have said "I'm the geeky looking one", but something tells me that doesn't narrow it down much... :cool:
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#4 Jaede6

Jaede6

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hmmmm....is that a Pepsi? :tongue:
Adrios - Aniki (Magus) - Quamix (Ranger) - Jaede (Healer) - Toph (Soldier)

#5 Padreic

Padreic

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

Sure... we'll call it that :whistling:
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#6 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

I can guarantee that Padreic drank a Coke product! Luckily his insides were coated with so much Pepsi that he wasn't harmed (too badly).

PS: I'm the loaner on the far right.

#7 gandrel

gandrel

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationShack in the woods

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

Best part of this pic is Mr. Smart in the back with his shirt open looking like a smooth Mo-fo!
:woot:

#8 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

Best part of this pic is Mr. Smart in the back with his shirt open looking like a smooth Mo-fo!

lol! Actually Greg Wexler (co-founder) was similarly dressed.

Derek Smart & Kelly Olauson (Majority QOL investor)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greg Wexler (co-founder & investor) with Ilan (DBA guy)

Posted Image
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#9 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

Nice to see you all together and looks like ya had a great time.
And is it just me or judging by the expression on the dude in front of Derek...Seems his left hand may have been somewhere other then at his side.. :woot: :whistling:
So who is going to lable the pic so we know who is who?
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#10 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

Nice to see you all together and looks like ya had a great time.
And is it just me or judging by the expression on the dude in front of Derek...Seems his left hand may have been somewhere other then at his side.. :woot: :whistling:
So who is going to lable the pic so we know who is who?

The pics are already captioned.

I had my right hand in my pocket. Kelly has his left hand in his pocket. Greg also has his left hand in his pocket. So yeah, it was a pocket thing and Ilan didn't get the memo.

And yah, we had an absolute blast. And yes, I think everyone was flat drunk as evidenced by my $600+ bar tab for that evening alone. Not to mention the other pics. OMG!! There is no way in hell that we're posting those!

#11 Padreic

Padreic

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Not to mention the other pics. OMG!! There is no way in hell that we're posting those!

Definitely not! As it is I think you're obligated to burn them. :cool:

#12 gandrel

gandrel

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationShack in the woods

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:09 AM

Hey Smart, tell Kelly you never fruit the beer! Man law No# 38.
:woot:

#13 switchfoot

switchfoot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, CA

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hey Smart, tell Kelly you never fruit the beer! Man law No# 38.

Man Law #38??? Not familiar with that one (until now), so I'll have to blame the waitress for "fruiting my beer"! :wacko:
Do what you have to for as long as you need to, so you can do what you want for as long as you can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users