• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hootsmun

Hootsmun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

Apologies for a newbie question. I just started playing and have got my toon to about level 4. Every time I have levelled I have seen a message saying I gained an Ability point, but when I go to the Abilities screen it says I have none to spend.

What am I missing?

Thanks

#2 Jaede6

Jaede6

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

If you bought the super pack, you started with the first 10 points. You won't get a new one until lvl 11. It just still says you did.
Adrios - Aniki (Magus) - Quamix (Ranger) - Jaede (Healer) - Toph (Soldier)

#3 Hootsmun

Hootsmun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:12 AM

If you bought the super pack, you started with the first 10 points. You won't get a new one until lvl 11. It just still says you did.

Ah, I'm still on the freebie thing. Do we not get Ability points unless you pay to play?

#4 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:35 AM

F2P don't start getting Ability Points till you advance to level 11.

Read that somewhere but can't put my finger on it at the moment, perhaps a Dev can chime in here.

Just Me,
Tim - Hakiem
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#5 Hootsmun

Hootsmun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:37 AM

F2P don't start getting Ability Points till you advance to level 11.

Read that somewhere but can't put my finger on it at the moment, perhaps a Dev can chime in here.

Just Me,
Tim - Hakiem

OK thanks, I'll keep plugging away :)

#6 Scoffer

Scoffer

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

The way I understand it is as follows:

On purchased game.

get level 1 = 1 ability point
get level 2 = 2 ability points
get level 3 = 3 ability points
etc

So you will gain every time you level up.

The changes that came with the f2p players is as follows

get level 1 = 10 ability points
get level 2 = 10 ability points (so no additional points gained)
get level 3 = 10 ability points
~~~~~
get level 11 = 11 ability points
get level 12 = 12 ability points

It actually works out that you can start out a little better since you have the initial boost to spend on a few skill upgrades. It will balance out at level 11 though so everyone is the same.
Posted Image
Was not my fault!

#7 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

The changes that came with the f2p players is as follows

get level 1 = 10 ability points
get level 2 = 10 ability points (so no additional points gained)
get level 3 = 10 ability points
~~~~~
get level 11 = 11 ability points
get level 12 = 12 ability points

It actually works out that you can start out a little better since you have the initial boost to spend on a few skill upgrades. It will balance out at level 11 though so everyone is the same.

At level 1 through 10 you have no ability points (don't get 10 at creation), nor do you gain any for each level you progress.

Just tested it .. and let you know how many points I get at level 11.
Adrios just kicked me to desktop - wonder if it's down again?

Just Me,
Tim - Hakiem
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#8 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

Players get 10 points after creating a character if they purchase both of the Ability Boost services, the Super Pack, or if they purchased the game before the F2P switch. Players who have not purchased any of these do not receive any ability points until level 11. All players start earning one Ability Point per level when they hit level 11. Hope that clears up the issue for you.

#9 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Players get 10 points after creating a character if they purchase both of the Ability Boost services, the Super Pack, or if they purchased the game before the F2P switch. Players who have not purchased any of these do not receive any ability points until level 11. All players start earning one Ability Point per level when they hit level 11. Hope that clears up the issue for you.

Yep just as I said.

So at level 11 I started getting 1 ability point per level .. I'll have 20 all together for my f2p character when he reaches level 30 (the level cap for f2p). So spend them wisely grass-hopper.

Just Me,
Tim

#10 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

After going through all the above testing of a new Healer f2p character I'm wondering if that chart that was put up was wrong?

Posted Image
(right click - view image)

If there is a way to get to the 40 ability cap without buying anything in the Tribute Market?
Is there a way?

Just Me,
Tim

#11 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Nope, you cannot get more than 20 on the F2P client without purchasing from the Tribute Market. As for the chart, I agree that it should reflect before any extra service purchases, so I went ahead and changed it.

Posted Image
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#12 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Does that mean that if you were to purchase only the level cap upgrade, you'd still be capped at 20 points? :confused now:
Posted Image
Anzha(50 Mystic), Anezaki (50 Ranger, Anri (50 Magus)

#13 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

Does that mean that if you were to purchase only the level cap upgrade, you'd still be capped at 20 points? :confused now:

No. If you purchase the level cap upgrades, you will get ability points at 1 per level, as usual. So if you only purchased Level Cap Boost I to get to level 40, then you will have access to 30 Ability Points in all.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users