#1 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Below are the currently planned changes for the Healer (Mystic for Humans and Cabalist for Talrok) class. As always, nothing is ever final or definite in an MMORPG class design and some of these may change before they are released. These changes are being brought up early to give you, the players, an idea of the direction we're going with the changes.

Action changes:

Forms

- Trance will be a persistent "stance" that increases Essence (healing) Spellpower, but decreases Wrath (damaging) Spellpower. (Changed from "For 15 seconds, converts your soul into spellpower & you lose all regen benefits associated with soul. 2 minute cooldown.")

- Deathwalk will be a persistent "stance" that increases Wrath Spellpower and damage mitigation, but decreases Essence Spellpower. (Changed from "For 15 seconds, converts your spellpower into soul. 2 minute cooldown.")

Empowerment

- Sermon of Will: Heals all in-range party members for 320-420 at rank 1 (371-498 at rank 2 and 423-574 at rank 3). Range of 30 with a 2 second cast. (New action gained from Tier 7 Empowerment Ability)

Divination

- Divine Favor: Chance to proc on any casted action, the next spellcast is instant and costs no Focus. (Tier 3 Divination Ability) Actions that used to be affected by holding points of Divine Favor have been buffed to make up for the removal of that mechanic.

- Steely Resolve: All damage taken by the target is reduced by 50% for the next 10 seconds. (Tier 7 Divination Ability)

Spellfury

- Darkside damage and cooldown increased.

- Touch of Hatred will be a 2.5 second cast for all ranks and the cooldown has been reduced to 5 seconds.

- Touch of Harming will be a 1.5 second cast for all ranks.

- Stupefy: Puts an enemy in a state of stupor, stunning him for 5 seconds; Instant Cast, 30 second cooldown. (New Tier 3 Spellfury Ability)

- Summon Essence Elemental: Summon an elemental familiar that attacks your enemies, heals the caster for 30% of damage done and restores caster's focus equaling 60% of damage done; Duration 20 seconds, 3 minute cooldown. (New Tier 7 Spellfury Ability)

- Wicked Curse: Damaging wrath attacks place a curse on the target that increases all wrath damage taken by 2/4%. (Changed from a separate action with a cooldown)

Updated Ability Trees:

Empowerment (Changed from Channeling)

Tier 1
Purity of Soul (0-5): (1/2/3/4/5%) increase to total Soul.

Deep Trance (0-5): Reduces threat while Tranced by 6/12/18/24/30%.

Channeled Vitality (0-5): Increases the endurance gained from Word of Vitality by 5/10/15/20/25%

Tier 2
Critical Soul (0-5): Increase CritChance(all) by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Focused Will (0-2): Reduces the chance of losing cast time when casting by 35/70%.

Force of Life (0-5): Spellpower effects on Touch of Healing and Touch of Life are increased by (4/8/12/16/20%)

Tier 3
Relaxation (0-5): Reduces the cost of spells while Tranced by 3/6/9/12/15%.

Lasting Faith (0-5): Increases the duration and damage absorption of Shield of Faith by 6/12/18/24/30%.

Word of Balance (0-1): Wrath and Essence Resistance from Word of Warding increased by 100%.

Tier 4
Neutrality (0-2): Reduces the cost of Neutralize by 25/50%.

Contrition (0-5): Reduces the cooldown caused by Shield of Faith by 2/4/6/8/10 seconds.

Embrace of Benediction (0-5): Healing Embrace effect increased by 10/20/30/40/50%

Tier 5
Shield of Vengeance (0-5): Your Shield of Faith now returns 10% of the damage it absorbs to the attacker as essence damage.

Blessed Recovery (0-5): Improves the effect of Blessed Embrace by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Tier 6
Idolatry (0-5): When using an Idol of Faith, all party members gain 10/20/30/40/50% of the focus you gain.

Charity (0-4): Faith Embrace heals 1/2/3/4 additional targets in range.

Infusion (0-1): Infuses a friendly target with divine power, increasing primary statistics by 10%.

Tier 7
Sermon of Will (0-1): Heals all party members for an amount determined by spell rank.

Diviniation

Tier 1
Healer's Soul (0-5): 1/2/3/4/5% of Soul is added to Spellpower.

Formal Education (0-5): Increases your Intellect by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Higher Purpose (0-5): Reduces damage taken by 1/2/3/4/5% while Tranced.

Tier 2
Quickening (0-5): Reduces the cast time of Touch of Life by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 seconds.

Favor of Life (0-5): Increases the effect of Touch of Life and Touch of Healing by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Improved Word of Healing (0-2): Increases the duration of Word of Healing by (3/6) seconds.

Tier 3
Improved Resurrection (0-2) : Resurrection and Rebirth return your target to life with (10/20%) additional life and focus.

Shield of Regeneration (0-2): Targets under the effect of Shield of Faith recieve an additional 5/10% healing.

Self Shielding (0-3): Casting Shield of Faith on yourself provides 5/10/15% more absorption.

Divine Favor (0-1): Casting any spell will sometimes grant you Divine Favor with the Gods which will make your next cast instant and cost no focus.

Scorn (0-5): Improves the effect of Embrace of Wrath by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Tier 4
Divine Grace (0-3): Increases the target's movement speed by 5/10/15 when shielded by Shield of Faith.

Healing Boon (0-2): Increases your Essence spellpower by 5/10%.

Gentle Caress (0-5): Your Touch of Life now heals the target for 5/10/15/20/25% of the original heal every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Tier 5
Rebirth (0-1): In combat resurrection.

Lasting Shields (0-4): The damage absorption of your Shield of Faith is increased by 25/50/75/100% of your Essence spellpower.

Healing Blast (0-5): Spirit Blast also heals friendlies in range for (40/80/120/160/200)% of the damage done.

Tier 6
Mesmerize (0-5): The damage reduced by your Embrace of Confusion is increased by 3/6/9/12/15%, and the amount healed by your Embrace of the Betrayer is increased by 20/40/60/80/100%

Savior's Focus (0-5): While Tranced your Spirit Blast costs 10/20/30/40/50% less focus and does 5/10/15/20/25% more damage.

Tier 7
Steely Resolve (0-1): All damage taken by the target is reduced by 50% for the next 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

Spellfury (Changed from Spirit Mastery)

Tier 1
Sinister Plot (0-5): Bonus to spellpower(wrath) based on (1/2/3/4/5%) of INT.

Focused Hatred (0-5): Increases the accuracy of your wrath spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Steady Hands (0-5): Increase effects of all touches by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Tier 2
Masked Hatred (0-5): Reduces the threat generated by Spellfury actions by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Lingering Pain (0-3): Increase duration of Word of Harming by 3/6/9 seconds.

Wickedness (0-5): Increases critical strike damage bonus of Touch of Harming, Touch of Hatred, and Darkside by 10/20/30/40/50.

Tier 3
Wrathful Endurance (0-2): Increases your Endurance by 5/10%.

Stupefy (0-1): Puts an enemy in a state of stupor, stunning him for 5 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

Shadow Speech (0-4): Reduces the cooldown of Stupefy by 2/4/6/8 seconds.

Effloresce (0-5): Your Word of Harming now heals you for 4/8/12/16/20% of its damage.

Tier 4
Unholy Nova (0-5): Increase the damage done by Spirit Blast by 4/8/12/16/20%
Spite (0-3): Your Word of Harming reduces the movement speed of affected targets by 10/20/30%.

Wicked Curse (0-2): Your damaging wrath attacks place a curse on the target that increases all wrath damage taken by 2/4%. Stacks up to 3 times.

Tier 5
Shadow Walking (0-4): Reduces the cast time of Darkside by 0.25/0.5/0.75/1.0 seconds.

Darkside (0-1): High Damage essence attack.

Smothering (0-5): Any enemy under the effect of Word of Harming takes 4/8/12/16/20% from other harmful spells you cast.

Tier 6
Domination (0-5): Increases the benefit your Darkside, Touch of Harming and Touch of Hatred get from spellpower by 3/6/9/12/15%.

Explosive Words (0-5): Word of Harming, when finishes duration, strikes all enemies in 10m for 10/20/30/40/50% of total damage done.

Tier 7
Summon Essence Elemental (0-1): Summon an elemental familiar that attacks your enemies and restores your health and focus. Lasts up to 20 seconds, can be used once every 3 minutes.

Feel free to leave constructive feedback on the changes and we'll try to relay those to the dev team (if they aren't already peeking at this thread :wink:)

Edited by Klazgon, 19 August 2010 - 03:08 PM.
Touch of Hatred and Touch of Harming changes updated

#2 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

Couple things;

Touch of Hatred damage increased, cooldown decreased, and cast time decreased to 2.5 seconds for all ranks.

Cast time for Touch of Hatred is 1.5 sec, do you mean 'increased'? It also doesn't change w/ rank currently. Touch of Harming does increase by .2 seconds per rank but it caps at 2.5 seconds so that would be no change to cast speed...

Sad to see divine aura completely removed.

Intensely aggravated that the faith embrace buff 'charity' has been moved to Empowerment tree >.> Don't see why that was necessary especially with the new tier7 ability granted an AoE heal, it seems superfluous and Charity should go back in divination where it belongs ;P Unless the AoE heal has some sort of long cooldown of course. Otherwise there is no longer ANY way to heal group unless you spec high into empowerment, and with it being tier6, you can't juggle it without giving up the tier7 talent elsewhere. Likewise, healing blast is too high in the divination tree to take advantage of its AE heal ability unless you're spec'd too far into divination to take anything else to the end, and the end of divination is very 'meh' now. Yucky yucky yucky nerf, this.

Steely resolve seems underpowered for an end-line talent to me, something you'd just use in an emergency but doesn't really last long enough for anything but that, with a 2min cooldown.

I like the idea of trance and deathwalk being 'stances', and the changes to them, very fancy.

Question : What is the duration of/cooldown of Infusion? I'm trying to figure out how I'd salvage my build with these changes. Does it function like a 30min buff or does it have some 10sec duration/5min reuse or something similar?

Changes to the spirit mastery tree seemed to have beefed up the solo/damage healer quite a bit giving them increased utility, self sustainment, and damage. Empowerment tree got a lot of nice goodies as well.
But looks to me like divination got destroyed.

Will this be put onto the test server?

Edited by Anzha, 19 August 2010 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image
Anzha(50 Mystic), Anezaki (50 Ranger, Anri (50 Magus)

#3 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

Sermon of Will: Heals all in-range party members for 320-420 at rank 1 (371-498 at rank 2 and 423-574 at rank 3). Range of 30 with a 2 second cast. (New action gained from Tier 7 Empowerment Ability)

Is there a cooldown on this or does it function like a normal spell?

Will trance/deathwalk be able to be activated/changed in combat?

Edited by Anzha, 19 August 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Couple things;

Cast time for Touch of Hatred is 1.5 sec, do you mean 'increased'? It also doesn't change w/ rank currently. Touch of Harming does increase by .2 seconds per rank but it caps at 2.5 seconds so that would be no change to cast speed...

Sad to see divine aura completely removed.

Intensely aggravated that the faith embrace buff 'charity' has been moved to Empowerment tree >.> Don't see why that was necessary especially with the new tier7 ability granted an AoE heal, it seems superfluous and Charity should go back in divination where it belongs ;P Otherwise there is no longer ANY way to heal group unless you spec high into empowerment, and with it being tier6, you can't juggle it without giving up the tier7 talent elsewhere. Likewise, healing blast is too high in the divination tree to take advantage of its AE heal ability unless you're spec'd too far into divination to take anything else to the end, and the end of divination is very 'meh' now. Yucky yucky yucky nerf, this.

Steely resolve seems underpowered for an end-line talent to me, something you'd just use in an emergency but doesn't really last long enough for anything but that, with a 2min cooldown.

I like the idea of trance and deathwalk being 'stances', and the changes to them, very fancy.

Question : What is the duration of/cooldown of Infusion? I'm trying to figure out how I'd salvage my build with these changes. Does it function like a 30min buff or does it have some 10sec duration/5min reuse or something similar?

Changes to the spirit mastery tree seemed to have beefed up the solo/damage healer quite a bit giving them increased utility, self sustainment, and damage. Empowerment tree got a lot of nice goodies as well.
But looks to me like divination got destroyed. I really think Charity needs to go back where it belongs ><

Will this be put onto the test server?

Double checking on whether the cast time "change" was a change at all or a mispeak/misunderstand situation.

Infusion is, indeed, a 30 minute buff.

I'm not certain that we will be putting this up on the PTS, but I'd say there is a good chance it will make it's way there before release.

#5 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Double checking on whether the cast time "change" was a change at all or a mispeak/misunderstand situation.

Infusion is, indeed, a 30 minute buff.

I'm not certain that we will be putting this up on the PTS, but I'd say there is a good chance it will make it's way there before release.

Ooo, that's fancy then. Guess whether or not I'm upset just depends on how that tier7 empowerment ability is going to function ;)
Posted Image

#6 Scoffer

Scoffer

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Tier 4
Divine Grace (0-3): Increases the target's movement speed by 5/10/15 when shielded by Shield of Faith.

Will this stack with the champions Gift of Argon for much hilarity and random chaos causing in warfiend?
Posted Image
Was not my fault!

#7 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

I can see it now, Shielded, Invigorated Champion hitting Gift of Argon and flying, much like a cannonball, straight into a wall.
Posted Image

#8 Scoffer

Scoffer

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

I can see it now, Shielded, Invigorated Champion hitting Gift of Argon and flying, much like a cannonball, straight into a wall.

WTB Spiky Shield!
Posted Image
Was not my fault!

#9 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Updated the changes made to Touch of Hatred and added a change to Touch of Harming. (There was a small miscommunication =)

Sermon of Will will not have a cooldown at this time.

#10 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

Updated the changes made to Touch of Hatred and added a change to Touch of Harming. (There was a small miscommunication =)

Sermon of Will will not have a cooldown at this time.

Excellent, thank you Klazgon.

The changes to hatred/harming actually make more sense, now (that the stronger one with the longer cast time is the one with a 10sec cooldown).

:figures out her new build:
Posted Image

#11 Dror

Dror

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Anzha. Figures that just as you post that nice write up of all the abilities, they drop this on us.

Anyway, I am sad to see the divine favor mechanic go by the wayside. I thought that it could have been more flushed out to create some strategic play style choices. To use a WoW reference. I always imagined Divine Favor turning into something like the rogue combo points.

Glad to see Trance and Deathwalk turn into stances though. That should make them much more useful, which is of course not saying much. If I use them once I think they would have become more useful. They were both permanent buffs in the BETA thought, and that was a little overpowered, but I am sure QoL will find a happy medium.

The spellfury tree looks very strong, and the Empowerment tree looks quite good as well, but man did the Divination tree take a hit. Also seems that those two should be reveresed, with the Empowerment tree having the 50% reduction buff, and the Divination tree having the AoE heal.

Should be exciting playing around though.

I'll have to take a closer look when I get home from work.

#12 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Well to be fair, I'm the first to admit that it seemed like ALL the goodies were in the Div tree before, and it seems that they've moved some of them over to Emp now to give you an actual choice rather than 'everyone do it this way, or go spiritmastery for dps'. I think I've figured out what I'm doing based on the above but will be watching closely for any changes ;)
Posted Image

#13 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Ok! Have messed about on PTS and think I have decided what my new build is going to be...;P

With the removal of the divine favor mechanic touch of life is now a viable (and very nice) addition to our heals, and the empowerment tree is very well suited to grouping/instance healing.

The stances are also quite yummy, as is the fix to touch of hatred/harming cast times.

Messed about with the 'spellfury' stuff and have to say I like it better now than previously. I'm still not sold on the viability of short duration long cooldown pets, though. But it looks so cool! Like a mini-wind <3

Divination tree still has some nice bits in it, though the top of the tree doesn't seem to be that enticing anymore, with charity, infusion, and the aoe heal being in empowerment. Again the long cooldown on the end-line talent sends me elsewhere, but I guess that's just down to my preference of choosing skills that I can use more regularly rather than the last-ditch-emergency-type.

I think overall that we will function much better in instances now, and that those who choose the 'dark path' will find its nice to be able to play a 'wrath mage' without having to mess w/ favorbuilding and with the very nice cooldown change on touch of harming, essentially making it spammable. Between darksides anyway ;P
Posted Image

#14 Noshi

Noshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

Sorry I do not understand the forums, it would make sense to post this is PTS forum..

To start I went Spirit, not healing. So I just started the PTS and I really like some of the changes, I'm not 50 but only 22 right now. One thing I noticed right away is that I burn my focus much faster then I did before. I was fighting a Coven Warlock and I ran out of focus before he went down, now I'm not apposed using my wand/staff but it raises a question. How will I fair in a dungeon against a boss with 23,000 health? It seems to me the spells do more DPS then a wand/staff, so that would reason a big drop in DPS. My understanding is that Mystics are not melee classes. I'm not asking for unending focus just a way to defeat a normal quest mob with out running out. Drinking after every fight is ok by me, its just running out before the mob is even close to dieing then its a struggle for me to even stay alive let alone kill then mob. Prehaps a small adjustment in the amount of focus use?

Please let me know if maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I'm Noshi on PTS realm or Azune on Hokk. Profile here. Yes I have points in Divination, I'm new to the game and as of yet can not afford to respec and go Spirit. Please make comments via mail.

-Noshi

Edited by Noshi, 07 September 2010 - 06:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users