4 replies to this topic

#1 brennok

brennok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Obviously I would want 1hander and shield for tanking, but in general how are the talents balanced for leveling purposes?

I know in some games I have found a 2-hander blows away any dual wield spec but in others I have found the opposite. I wasn't sure which way this game leaned.

#2 Scoffer

Scoffer

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

Obviously I would want 1hander and shield for tanking, but in general how are the talents balanced for leveling purposes?

I know in some games I have found a 2-hander blows away any dual wield spec but in others I have found the opposite. I wasn't sure which way this game leaned.

Seems a hard question to answer at the moment due to the changes coming..

For me as it stands I think duel wield is better than 2H fighting, simply because with your speed of the hits you end up doing more DPS. 2 hits every second doing 100 damage is better than 1 hit every second doing 150 every second using a 2H.

Duel wield also generate more anger....

Since the anger system is changing in the patch I'm not sure how this compare. The anger side of things will be moot since hits wont generate anger with the new system but I still think, DPS wise you would be better off with 2 weapons rather than a slow cumbersome blow. Plus the fact that you can always miss, they can parry / dodge / block your blow so hitting twice as often gives you hits in the long run.

Just my personal opinion.
Posted Image
Was not my fault!

#3 brennok

brennok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:33 AM

Ok thanks. I didn't realize that much was changing other than the name. I guess I will wait and see before I start assigning ability points.

#4 Scoffer

Scoffer

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

Ok thanks. I didn't realize that much was changing other than the name. I guess I will wait and see before I start assigning ability points.

You will find that a lot of stuff has changed with the patch.

Skills changed, some removed, some added. Anger now starts at full and ticks up rather than starts at 0 and is based of hits, some skills only work in certain stances, blessings...

In short, its not a soldier anymore.
Not what you have come to expect from your soldier anyway :P
Posted Image
Was not my fault!

#5 BestAwesome

BestAwesome

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

from my experience swinging a two-hander made me kill things faster even when im protection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users