• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 Soulos

Soulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

Tis a bit quiet round these parts :(. I've been checking everyday so far for any news or general chit chat really, but alas seems to almost non-existant. Shame really.

#2 Warwench

Warwench

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

Just waiting on the Soldier changes.. basically not much point playing my soldier the way it is right now, not much fun.

Hopefully soon :)
Adapt and overcome, don't whine and succumb.

#3 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:01 AM

I'm new here and have just been trialing the game over the weekend and admittedly this is somewhat disconcerting; there have been quests that recommend a party but I haven't seen a single other person, and only seen someone come up in Who once and they were level 40+. So basically I'm left to my own devices. The auction house is empty and the global channels are silent.

Despite all this, as I tend to be a lone gamer anyway, I am enjoying the game. But my concern at this point is paying to register for the game if, with this small of a community, I'm uncertain how long it is going to be around? Also the interconnectivity of the crafting skills and the inability to take up more than 2 professions is rather daunting for a solo player who will be forced to lvl more than one character just to fully experience one's craft? Since trading with others isn't possible as I have yet to see another person in over 48 hrs of running around.

Just my thoughts. I want to play this game but kind of afraid to like it, as things are. I offer this not as a complaint but as the impression of a new player downloading the trial.
Posted Image
Anzha(50 Mystic), Anezaki (50 Ranger, Anri (50 Magus)

#4 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Yes, Seems Everyone on Hokk has found a new home or something else to do..
Kujix side has been a ghost town.
No way to take down world bosses or even attempt WK
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#5 Warwench

Warwench

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

Even Derek is quiet, which is not like him at all ;)
Adapt and overcome, don't whine and succumb.

#6 Amjoco

Amjoco

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

Well, I figure the $20 I initially invested, and then the $15 or so I put into the market, I've payed about $2.00 an hour for the game! lol
Can't continue without others no matter what Mr Smart thinks...it is now a ghost MMORPG. I can't remember the band name but they played "Boom, Boom, Out go the Lights".
I hope that it will be fixed some day, but right now I'm done and I hope you all have a good time if you stay! :)

#7 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Well, I figure the $20 I initially invested, and then the $15 or so I put into the market, I've payed about $2.00 an hour for the game! lol
Can't continue without others no matter what Mr Smart thinks...it is now a ghost MMORPG. I can't remember the band name but they played "Boom, Boom, Out go the Lights".
I hope that it will be fixed some day, but right now I'm done and I hope you all have a good time if you stay! :)

Pat Travers
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#8 CyberSNAC

CyberSNAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

6 people on Adrios the other night, that includes myself and my father. I agree this is becoming very disconcerting, because I really love the game and want to be able to play it for years to come with friends and family.

The improvements to the game have been amazing but I do fear it's too little too late at this point, I hope I'm wrong.

#9 Zaphear

Zaphear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

x2...I enjoy this game probably more then I should lol... Never anyone around...and with all the group content it's like only playing half a game.

/WTB MOAR NERDZ KTHNXBAI

#10 Soulos

Soulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:09 AM

Does Alganon have a Youtube account? Also noticed that you guys have a Twitter account but hasn't been updated for about a month. Not really good, as it's a free marketing tool, Tweet more! :thumbsup:

#11 frodofraggins

frodofraggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

I check the forums every few days to see what's going on. With LOTRO opting to go F2P, I think Alganon has no choice but to remove the box price and instead entice people to buy more from the store.

The F2P competition is too great and most people aren't going to buy an MMO, even at a cheap $20, without an active population.

This message is meant as a suggestion rather than a simple gripe. I'd like to see the QoL employees keep their job. But the current strategy isn't really working.

#12 kaikura

kaikura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

It is quiet here. My first day back i ran into about 10 people but lately i haven't seen anyone. Even my guildmates don't seem to be on as much. This is to bad.

#13 TikiSanchez

TikiSanchez

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA USA

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

It is quiet here. My first day back i ran into about 10 people but lately i haven't seen anyone. Even my guildmates don't seem to be on as much. This is to bad.

Most people - I hope - are just waiting for additions and improvements. I just hope they don't have to wait TOO long or they might forget to come back. It's pretty depressing when I log in to what should be prime-time and find less then ten people logged in, and only one - or less - from my guild.
Tikirin Icefalcon (Tikir/Tiki/Tikin)
Old Timers Guild

#14 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Most people - I hope - are just waiting for additions and improvements(..)

Agreed, me personally im just waiting on the Warden (Pet Class), in the mean time i get my pet fixes in UO Tamer, AO Crat/Meta and WoW Hunter/Lock.

If the Warden turns out to be a fun pet class to play, ill most likely stick around 100% of the time and drop UO and AO.
Posted Image

#15 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

:huh: It does make it easy and quick to read the 'view new content' posts tho
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#16 Anzha

Anzha

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:57 AM

I think that is definitely part of the issue, I'm currently looking for an MMO to sink my teeth into for quite a while, but the 7-day-trial then buy the game is a deterrent for me with the hundreds of f2p games out there - 7 days comes to 1 weekend for someone who has a full time job and other priorities, and I don't think that's adequate time to suck me in. Also, it creates the pressure of having to play during that window before it elapses, whereas the f2p games which may have locked content without a cash shop purchase don't have any sort of countdown hanging over your head, you are free to try them at your leisure for a month or so before deciding if you're going to like it enough to invest money.

For something like this that has a lot to offer but has frightening population numbers, making it f2p (even with restrictions) could help fill the lower level zones up with people. The box purchase could still be available to unlock xyz content - the ability to join a guild, additional inventory space, or whatever.
Posted Image
Anzha(50 Mystic), Anezaki (50 Ranger, Anri (50 Magus)

#17 Mimsy

Mimsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

It's more than a bit quiet.

I actually feel a bit cheated. :( How long has it been this quiet? How many people were on per server before the massive player exodus that lead to this emptiness? The largest number of people I've ever seen online when I log in to Hokk is 4, and that included me.

If this continues and the player base never comes back, would it at least be possible for me to get a refund? I just paid $20 for what basically is a single-player game... and as a single-player game, Alganon is honestly not a very good one.

I hope I don't come across as bitter or hateful, more than anything else I am sad. I wanted a fun new MMO and I was looking forward to playing this game, but it's not an MMO unless there are others playing as well. :(

Edited by Mimsy, 26 June 2010 - 10:39 AM.

#18 BestAwesome

BestAwesome

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Lots of games were made following WoW's example but they all failed. The business model that worked was "take something that is similar than change few things in it that appeal to another audience" however that model did not seem to work for MMORPGs. And because Alganon has been accused of being a near complete knock off of WoW I think it's been stained with the "really bad game" label and will take a lot to recover. And before anyone says Everquest is the same as WoW and that WoW took this business model into consideration, I must tell you that Blizzard already had a stable and strong community of American and Korean gamers by the thousands with their Diablo and Starcraft games that they already had hordes of players waiting to play their next games even if it means paying monthly. So Blizzard's strategy was more around having a big fanbase and other accomplishments before taking the big cash cow on a stroll.

Edited by BestAwesome, 26 June 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#19 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

taking the big cash cow on a stroll.

That quote amuses me a great deal. :happy:

As for the player population, I know it sounds like your standard line, but we're working hard to flip the low active player population around. We're not simply ignoring it or sitting on our hands content with how things are looking. While I know a fair number of people are waiting for the upcoming patch to log back in on a daily basis (Soldier changes among them), I'm hoping some unannounced things we're whipping up will entice more people to log in more often instead of waiting for what's to come.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#20 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

(...)I'm hoping some unannounced things we're whipping up will entice more people to log in more often instead of waiting for what's to come.

Hmmm :whistling:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users