3 replies to this topic

#1 zerof

zerof

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

Does points in Healing art studies benefit Lifeblood rangers? How beneficial is +1 to healing?

#2 Lyrus

Lyrus

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

I can't speak for LB Ranger as my lvl 50 is Pred spec'd w/ virtually nonexsitent healing power LOL ( suicide build). But as far as Healing studies go, on Lygar, I have completed all to rank 3-4, getting +1 for each rank. I have not noticed any true difference in the # of HP returned per heal for invested study times. Myabe Kam can chime in on this thread, since she is probally the best Lifeblood ranger that plays Alganon. Your gear on your ranger is probally the most important part of the LB build.
"Ghazmok's Judge" Adrios Lygar/Lygus 50 Hlr,Rgr
Play Dumb and Be Smart

#3 Kamaile

Kamaile

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

I can't speak for LB Ranger as my lvl 50 is Pred spec'd w/ virtually nonexsitent healing power LOL ( suicide build). But as far as Healing studies go, on Lygar, I have completed all to rank 3-4, getting +1 for each rank. I have not noticed any true difference in the # of HP returned per heal for invested study times. Myabe Kam can chime in on this thread, since she is probally the best Lifeblood ranger that plays Alganon. Your gear on your ranger is probally the most important part of the LB build.

First, thanks for the compliment, as misplaced as I believe it to be :))

Anyway, all I can tell you is that I asked this same question a long time ago and was told that healer studies were something a Ranger (especially a LB Ranger) could really use, so I've boosted my studies to rank 3 (at least) in Healing Arts, Breath of Salvation, and Way of the Blessed. Do these studies give anything substantial in the way of healing power? I can't really say. I haven't noticed any significant improvement in my healing at each rank, but I still study them nevertheless :P

Lyrus is right. The most critical ingredients in this build are the abilities you choose and the gear you wear. All I know is I keep on tweaking those and have found a balance I like for the way I play this particular spec.

I love playing a LB Ranger and hope you find it as fun as I do :)
Kujix all the way....On Adrios: Kamaile (Lvl 50 LB Ranger), Kamasuture (Lvl 50 Magus), Kamalexa (Lvl 50 Soldier), Verdante (Lvl 24 Healer). Guild: Ghazmok's Judge ~~ On Hokk: Keahi (Lvl 8? Magus)

#4 zerof

zerof

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Thank you for all the valuable information!

I have been tweaking my stats by looking for equipment with the appropriate attributes. Please correct me if I am wrong, my current focus (for the purpose of the LB build) is to maximize agility and spell power. Agility being my first choice. Running down the remaining list: endurance, intellect, soul, then strength.

Unfortunately, the Dawning gears are no longer available to new players. I have been looking at the gears on level 50 characters at myalganon.com. However, I can only find 2 level 50 rangers on the character list. I am not sure if there are ways to retrieve more without knowing their character names. By the way, I couldn't pull up "Kamaile" from Kamaile's signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users