5 replies to this topic

#1 BestAwesome

BestAwesome

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, New Year's Eve, Lantern Festival, everyone likes a holiday and be more delighted when they can come home after celebrating it to sit down with a mug of eggnog to enjoy the events introduced in a game for that holiday. So I'm think it'd be a pretty interesting way to promote some excitement every once in a while.

Halloween: During this time a haunted mansion appears in the week ending at Halloween. It will be an instance where you fight ghosts, Frankenstein monsters, vampires and pick up loot you can only get during that holiday. Halloween quests as well. Disappears however after the end of Halloween.

Christmas: Christmas based quests, going to cold regions of Alganon to finish them. World bosses coming to try and stop Christmas and it's up to us to raid up and stop them. Frosty the evil snowman, if defeated erects a nice snowman for the whole Winter Break. The evil tree when defeated will become the Christmas tree and if succeeded everyone in that server receives some gold in their stockings.

I know they're crazy but think about the joy of holiday events QOL!

#2 YakCast

YakCast

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:28 AM

I love it! It's always fun when MMO's take RL Holidays and put them into the games with unique Holiday items and quests.
Yak Cast: www.Yak.mmoSmackTalk.com
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk

#3 kriegen

kriegen

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

Alganon already does holiday events. We had a Halloween event, Thanksgiving event, and a Christmas event already. I may have forgotten some too, but anyway, they have them.

#4 xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

I love it! It's always fun when MMO's take RL Holidays and put them into the games with unique Holiday items and quests.

yup, a bit of light hearted silliness never goes astray ... i loved the snowball fights in guildwars .. beware the yellow snowballs! lol!

#5 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

Holiday events are great, and we do try to do something special for holidays, but they do take time. New assets have to be modeled, dialogue has to be written, programming has to be done for in-game sequences and/or special encounters. Not that any of that is impossible, but the issue becomes which is more important to the game and the players: a special event to last a few days or a maybe a week; or new content, bug fixes and game tweaks?

Not to say that holiday events are a definite no, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.

"For the greater good..." :tongue:

#6 BestAwesome

BestAwesome

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Oh OK. I didn't think it would be in a young game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users