23 replies to this topic

#1 Darkmaul

Darkmaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

I started playing the game a week ago.I was in the Beta and am very happy to see how far the game has come.I love the crafting and so far I have loved the quest lines.What has been bothering me the most though is how quiet chat is in game and how inactive the forums are.We need to go out of our way to make sure that new folks stay and feel welcome...... if we just log in.. grind a few hours and not say a word,then new folks will think the Game world barren.Make some noise,welcome the new folks,say hello when you log in ,everytime.We have a good game, we just need to build the community.Be active, help new people, make posts etc...... I will say this is one of the friendliest communities I have ever come across and also drama free in game chat.Lets get out there and get more folks playing and keep every new player we can.

Kowloski Darkmaul

#2 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Hear hear!

#3 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

wait! wot?! Did he just say "drama free" ? :whistling:
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#4 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yep that's what he said....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#5 TikiSanchez

TikiSanchez

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA USA

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hehe....

I think a global chat would help, since we're now being discouraged from using the HELP channel. (Understandably so...)
Tikirin Icefalcon (Tikir/Tiki/Tikin)
Old Timers Guild

#6 Riceman

Riceman

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hehe....

I think a global chat would help, since we're now being discouraged from using the HELP channel. (Understandably so...)

I will continue to pester the Family and Help channels until I get my Global channel, unless a GM threatens to mute me. =P
Adrios: Xaphram, 13 Talrok Ranger {Skinning/Leatherworking} // Arkannon, 6 Talrok Magus {Herbalism/Salvaging} // Askarion, 12 Human Soldier {Mining/Blacksmithing}

#7 Darkmaul

Darkmaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

I will continue to pester the Family and Help channels until I get my Global channel, unless a GM threatens to mute me. =P

I like the thought of a world channel... till we build the community up some more........ also some beginner tribute packages might help...

Just saying =)))))

#8 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Drama-cartoon.jpg
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#9 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

We have in fact discussed this and the team made some compelling arguments against it. So I decided to defer the final decision to them rather than veto it. When it comes to gameplay specific issues, I tend not to get involved too much because they know the game much better than I do, since they built it.
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#10 Ikki

Ikki

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

I always say hello and try to talk, but no one responds.
I do agree with the need for a world channel and incentives to stay/return.
Also maybe forum incentives?Like have 200 good posts, get 10 health potions and such.

Mr Smart, with all due respect, it should be up to the players to make the final decision. The players are the ones playing the game. And at the end of the day, the devs work for us since we are the clients :)

#11 Scorchian

Scorchian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationS Philly , Pa

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

I always say hello and try to talk, but no one responds.
I do agree with the need for a world channel and incentives to stay/return.
Also maybe forum incentives?Like have 200 good posts, get 10 health potions and such.

Mr Smart, with all due respect, it should be up to the players to make the final decision. The players are the ones playing the game. And at the end of the day, the devs work for us since we are the clients :)

Players have destroyed more games with there forum whining than you can count on yer fingers and toes... The list is long and tragic ......

#12 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

(...)Mr Smart, with all due respect, it should be up to the players to make the final decision. The players are the ones playing the game. And at the end of the day, the devs work for us since we are the clients :)

Only someone from TX would be so bold to make such a $^%& statement! I can tell you as a tools developer for Juniper Networks END USERS i.e. US are no where near qualified to make such decisions without knowing the core mechanics and even more so without a none bias view! Otherwise everyone will want to be NEO in their own Matrix World!
Posted Image

#13 kriegen

kriegen

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Global chat in the help channel isn't a good idea though. The experienced players that I know, who could help people with questions about the game, turn the help channel off when its filled with global chat (including myself). I appreciate QOl's implementation of the help channel and their attempt to regulate it.

#14 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

The next patch will have a Global Asharr, and Global Kujix channel. Feel free to chat away with your faction-mates about whatever you want there (as long as it stays within the TOS). Or, feel free to leave the channel if you get annoyed by such chat. Help will likely be more heavily patrolled for abuse after the patch.

We're not going to put in a cross-faction global chat, this is a design decision and not one that will be made by players. In fact, there will be a day in the not so distant future that the help channel will also be constrained by faction.

#15 Rebecha

Rebecha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

We're not going to put in a cross-faction global chat, this is a design decision and not one that will be made by players. In fact, there will be a day in the not so distant future that the help channel will also be constrained by faction.

Oh Great now Hokk Kujix will be even more alienated

#16 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:17 AM

heh, glad you think so.

#17 Warwench

Warwench

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:44 AM

The next patch will have a Global Asharr, and Global Kujix channel. Feel free to chat away with your faction-mates about whatever you want there (as long as it stays within the TOS). Or, feel free to leave the channel if you get annoyed by such chat. Help will likely be more heavily patrolled for abuse after the patch.

Very cool. Not a huge fan of global chat in some other games, but I think it will work out here, the community is (so far) much more mature.
Adapt and overcome, don't whine and succumb.

#18 Riceman

Riceman

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

The next patch will have a Global Asharr, and Global Kujix channel.

THANK YOU!!!

God I love QOL. =D
Adrios: Xaphram, 13 Talrok Ranger {Skinning/Leatherworking} // Arkannon, 6 Talrok Magus {Herbalism/Salvaging} // Askarion, 12 Human Soldier {Mining/Blacksmithing}

#19 Jaede6

Jaede6

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

The next patch will have a Global Asharr, and Global Kujix channel.

We're not going to put in a cross-faction global chat,

This is exactly what I've been hoping for :) Another great decision, keep em coming!
:wub: /hugs
Adrios - Aniki (Magus) - Quamix (Ranger) - Jaede (Healer) - Toph (Soldier)

#20 TikiSanchez

TikiSanchez

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA USA

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

Huzzah!

Thanks guys!!!!
Tikirin Icefalcon (Tikir/Tiki/Tikin)
Old Timers Guild