25 replies to this topic

#1 YakCast

YakCast

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

I was logged into Hokk from around 2-4Pm CST and I was the only one on and for a short time there was a few other people on the who list. I am using the trial account. My question is, do more people log in during the day and does this game have an active community of players?
Yak Cast: www.Yak.mmoSmackTalk.com
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk

#2 Amjoco

Amjoco

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

I was logged into Hokk from around 2-4Pm CST and I was the only one on and for a short time there was a few other people on the who list. I am using the trial account. My question is, do more people log in during the day and does this game have an active community of players?

From what I understand the low population issue is being worked. Um I'm not exactly sure how, but one is that they are working a PvP system that you have to pay for.

#3 YakCast

YakCast

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

From what I understand the low population issue is being worked. Um I'm not exactly sure how, but one is that they are working a PvP system that you have to pay for.

Good to know. I was having fun soloing but I love to group with other people. I wonder how the PVP system will work then? They made it sounds like once you spend the 20 bucks for the game, then you get everything. All quests, gold, loot, etc. You can buy gear and such fro the store but that seems optional. Can anyone shed more light on this?

#4 plixxster

plixxster

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Perfect example of
Posted Image

Edited by plixxster, 12 May 2010 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBloomfield Michigan

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

This thread will tell you all about the PvP that is coming.
http://www.alganon.c...tion-look-here/

As far as the rest of the game goes, once you buy the client you will never have to buy anything else to play the "base" game. The items in the shop are mostly fluff and are not needed to compete with other players. That being said, who knows what will happen in the future. While the game grows no one can expect to get everything with just the base cost of the client. Even WoW charges for expansions. There may be some monetizing of some aspects of the game, but as for now nothing has been announced about that except PvP.

Like any company, QOL needs money to operate. Not to mention adding stuff to the game will cost them. If they cant recoup that plus profits somehow, then it will be a short ride I'm afraid. :sad:

Myst
Posted Image

#6 Amjoco

Amjoco

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

Good to know. I was having fun soloing but I love to group with other people. I wonder how the PVP system will work then? They made it sounds like once you spend the 20 bucks for the game, then you get everything. All quests, gold, loot, etc. You can buy gear and such fro the store but that seems optional. Can anyone shed more light on this?

If more people can get involved the game will be awesome. I'm not an authority by any means but the are building a pvp system. I personally think it will open up a whole new door to others and increase the population.
The quests and other content are pretty much the same as any other MMO, do them and get rewarded. What I like here is the GMs are very into helping and almost feel like part of the game. The community is very, very nice to one another and in my opinion much more adult then other games like this.
I have used the Tribute System to buy a mount and haven't really purchased anything else with it but it is set up very well and is easy to use.
Hope this kinda helps you.

#7 Amjoco

Amjoco

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

Perfect example of
Posted Image

So the low population issue isn't being worked? I'm sure if it isn't than posts like yours will defiantly hurt those that are trying to help others. Go to WoW if you want to act childish

#8 YakCast

YakCast

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

So the low population issue isn't being worked? I'm sure if it isn't than posts like yours will defiantly hurt those that are trying to help others. Go to WoW if you want to act childish

Thanks for the link to the PVP info! Ok people then let's log in and play as much as possible, so that this game will start to grow! So far I am having a blast!!!!

#9 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Will I could've started my "Rant" about player population.

I could've started to show my player counts for the last 2 weeks.

But people would've started to jump all over my case about my being negative and not supporting the game .. blah blah blah

So I'll just :
Posted Image

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#10 YakCast

YakCast

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the link to the PVP info! Ok people then let's log in and play as much as possible, so that this game will start to grow! So far I am having a blast!!!!

I just logged in now and said only 1 person was on the server like it always does. When I go to the social panel under who only shows my self as well. I think that who is not working properly and maybe more people are playing then I thought.

#11 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

Tim, you made my night. That was hilarious. :woot:

Thanks,

Myst

Oh, keep up the census counts. Our guild had 15 players on at once tonight. I see things getting better. *crosses fingers* :whistling:
Posted Image

#12 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

I just logged in now and said only 1 person was on the server like it always does. When I go to the social panel under who only shows my self as well. I think that who is not working properly and maybe more people are playing then I thought.

In the social panel type a space in the search window then refresh. That should help.

Myst
Posted Image

#13 YakCast

YakCast

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

Right now in game there are 3 other people who have talked in the general chat and yes i have refreshed many times. I am thinking its a bug or since I have the trial version.

#14 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Right now in game there are 3 other people who have talked in the general chat and yes i have refreshed many times. I am thinking its a bug or since I have the trial version.

Don't know what to tell you then. Typing a space in the search window in the social panel then refreshing brings up everyone playing on that server. Hmm.. :huh:
Posted Image

#15 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Don't know what to tell you then. Typing a space in the search window in the social panel then refreshing brings up everyone playing on that server. Hmm.. :huh:

Yep..place your curser in the Query window after you hit the Social button and then hit space a couple time .. hit the refresh and that will bring up the total players for your Faction who are playing the game at the time.

The Help chat it worldwide and take in both factions so some of the names in the chat will not be on your /who list as they are cross faction.

Just Me,
Tim

Just did a pop count and the results are:
Adrios:
Humans =28
Kujix(Talrok) = 11

Hokk:
Humans = 6
Kujix(Talrok) = 9

Total Pop 2 Servers = 54 Average for the day (6 readings) = 50

Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#16 Cruxis

Cruxis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

Do you really think posting these server populations helps anything? Do you think those numbers drive in more players? Do you think QOL is completely unaware to the numbers so you have to remind them time and time and time and time again?

I'm not sure what's funnier though, the fact that you have to do this in a dozen threads or that you said you wouldn't do it and then go ahead and do it anyway.

#17 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

My question is, do more people log in during the day and does this game have an active community of players?

He asked a question. I answered it.

Shoot me .. I'm an arse hole.

Whats' your excuse for trying to flamebait me ?

Just Me,
Tim

#18 Skakwop

Skakwop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

"I'm flaming, but in a manly way"

If you can name the game that came from, then flame away.....

#19 Cruxis

Cruxis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

Flamebait? I really don't see that as the case, mostly since no one needs to bait you into saying anything negative.

#20 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

"I'm flaming, but in a manly way"

If you can name the game that came from, then flame away.....

Gex

Just Me,
Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users