Neb

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

POPULAR

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let people know to be patient with the tribute market. Item purchases may take some time to go though, and right now the site might not show that a purchase is being made. Rest assured it is. If you double click, or anything like that, you will probably end up with 2 purchases. So be forewarned.

Right now buying may be slow because of the conversion on the live servers which makes it easier to make this mistake, but this should be a general rule of thumb going forward. Safe guards will be implemented to help prevent this.

Also, when first visiting the tribute market and adding a CC, please take notice that you also must purchase tribute at the same time. This is found just to the right of the Billing info section.

#2 TikiSanchez

TikiSanchez

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA USA

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

One question about the tribute market. How often will things be added changed in there? I have to assume that what's there isn't all there is going to be...

(Yes, it's been a day and we want MORE!)

Posted Image
Tikirin Icefalcon (Tikir/Tiki/Tikin)
Old Timers Guild

#3 DEW

DEW

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAt my computer , Duuuhhh!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

I'd like to purchase a mount, but I would like to see what they look like first. Any plans to add pictures of the mount?
1: Nothing, 2: Your Momma, 3: Shut Up, Take your pick !!

#4 Xaander

Xaander

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

I'd like to purchase a mount, but I would like to see what they look like first. Any plans to add pictures of the mount?

I'd like to see this as well. Would be nice to know what we would end up riding.

Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced the true voice of Shakespeare until you have heard it in the voice of Elcor.

#5 Dror

Dror

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

While I don't have a picture (ill try to upload one when I log in next), I did purchase the Ebon Battle Mauler, which uses the Storm Jax model, only black, with black particle effects.

#6 Treewhisper

Treewhisper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:38 AM

I bought some tribute (5k) two days ago and the "no-confirmation" thing really bugged me. I mean, clicking the button and not getting a "are you sure?" or "is this correct?".

Anyway, as I intended to buy Tribute this was fine, and I read somewhere (i think at least) that you are going to implement some sort of safety net.

But what really annoys me even more so is that my credit card information is stored, and I am not asked to put in my credit card information again.
Thing is, anyone who might figure out my password, can go ahead and spend all my money on tribute, just to mess with me.
It would be very good if, instead of storing my credit card information, please let me put it in every time I decide to buy tribute. This is also a great way of adding a safety net and will save you some administration and support.

Keyloggers is something that comes into mind, and there is a smörgåsbord of them out there.
Beonir Songweaver - Asharr Tactics/Weaponry Soldier, Adrios

#7 Ryja

Ryja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, TN

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

I bought some tribute (5k) two days ago and the "no-confirmation" thing really bugged me. I mean, clicking the button and not getting a "are you sure?" or "is this correct?".

Anyway, as I intended to buy Tribute this was fine, and I read somewhere (i think at least) that you are going to implement some sort of safety net.

But what really annoys me even more so is that my credit card information is stored, and I am not asked to put in my credit card information again.
Thing is, anyone who might figure out my password, can go ahead and spend all my money on tribute, just to mess with me.
It would be very good if, instead of storing my credit card information, please let me put it in every time I decide to buy tribute. This is also a great way of adding a safety net and will save you some administration and support.

Keyloggers is something that comes into mind, and there is a smörgåsbord of them out there.

wow, that is a GREAT point, and one that deserves serious attention. Too much identity theft as it is nowadays, and anyone who has ever played WoW knows how easy it can be for a devious slimebag to gain access to such info...

This needs to be a stickied issue that the devs look at closely...few things will sour a gamer faster than having an account hacked, their credit card info snagged, and all hades let loose on them just from their enjoyment of a game because of the lowlifers who lurk around games to snare the gamers info any way they can... O_O

I'm wondering,,,,I think I have seen elsewhere on other games a setup where you can actually purchase a sort of game card, your purchase applies to the game itself, but it is done via a dedicated secure server that is separate from the actual game server, using a third party or something similar. just a thought.
My alt used to be a nerfbat...O_O

#8 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

This is an issue we're keeping a very close eye on and looking to make even better. Of course, confirmation prompt aside, we want to find that perfect balance of ease-of-use and secure.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#9 Jovue

Jovue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

This is an issue we're keeping a very close eye on and looking to make even better. Of course, confirmation prompt aside, we want to find that perfect balance of ease-of-use and secure.

As finding balance can often be a difficult task, perhaps providing the option to the user is a viable solution?
Then those that choose to "cookie" information will have no fingers to point. :whistling:

~ Caveat emptor ~

#10 jdsmith

jdsmith

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:57 AM

QOL in no way stores anything other than your billing address and last four of the credit card you use. Aria, our third party fully pci compliant payment partner, DOES store your full billing information MINUS the ccv2 code. Unfortunately there really is no way for me to purge your information from their system as it's there for accounting purposes and it has to stay there.

I can understand the concern of someone getting your myalganon password and then running up charges... but then again do you ever hear of that happening with PSN or XBL acconts? They work the same way essentially. My last point is that, unless it's someone who knows you personally and you've severely pissed them off, why would they do it? It's not like the tribute points or, for the most part, the items you can get are transferable to another account.

We are working on modifications to our billing system expected to be done within the next couple of months and, once complete, I'll ensure that there's a way for people to require the credit card information to be entered for each purchase. Unfortunately, until then, there's not much I can do.

#11 FlameAlchemist

FlameAlchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

Neither Credit Card nor this other Card work for me. I hope they add other payment methods during the next time. Or, maybe they just dont want my money :tongue:

#12 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

What sort of issue are you having with the card? Is there a message appearing after entering your information?

#13 Leslee

Leslee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

What sort of issue are you having with the card? Is there a message appearing after entering your information?

I am currently unable to purchase more Tribute. The cart system is returning an "unknown" error whenever I attempt to finalize the purchase. This occurs regardless of what credit card I use or what amount of Tribute I attempt to purchase. After clicking on the final "Purchase" button, the browser page returns to the initial page (where you enter your credit card information) with an unspecified error message at the top of the page. It just reads "An unknown error has occurred."

Help?
www.SerialMMOgamy.com
When you can't play just one...

#14 RipperMcGee

RipperMcGee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

I am currently unable to purchase more Tribute. The cart system is returning an "unknown" error whenever I attempt to finalize the purchase. This occurs regardless of what credit card I use or what amount of Tribute I attempt to purchase. After clicking on the final "Purchase" button, the browser page returns to the initial page (where you enter your credit card information) with an unspecified error message at the top of the page. It just reads "An unknown error has occurred."

Help?

What browser are you using? I've had purchasing issues with various websites, depending on the browser used. As an example, I couldn't use Firefox to purchase tickets on USAirways.com - I had to use IE for the payment to be processed.
~Ripper

#15 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Help?

I replied back to your ticket early this morning with some additional ideas as well (including a different browser as mentioned above) :)
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#16 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

I purchased Commanders starforged Bracers from the tribute market thinking that I could wear them.. after i got back to the game and tried to claim them, turns out i couldn't claim them because I needed to be level 6 renown in order to claim them.. So now ( I just noticed) that the time is ran out on the item (30 day item) and I didnt get to claim the item from the claim box. I think this should be changed, the time shouldn't run in the claim box.. the time shouldn't start running until AFTER the item is claimed from the claim box.. In addition to the above statement, when I purchased the gauntlets, it didn't state anywhere on the item that I had to be level 6 renown to wear the item.. I purchased it through the website, not in game. Im sure most noobs would agree... Please change this :)---> any chance for a refund or can i have another starforged gauntlet that won't start the time until after i claim it? .. Thanks Crunch

#17 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

I purchased Commanders starforged Bracers from the tribute market thinking that I could wear them.. after i got back to the game and tried to claim them, turns out i couldn't claim them because I needed to be level 6 renown in order to claim them.. So now ( I just noticed) that the time is ran out on the item (30 day item) and I didnt get to claim the item from the claim box. I think this should be changed, the time shouldn't run in the claim box.. the time shouldn't start running until AFTER the item is claimed from the claim box.. In addition to the above statement, when I purchased the gauntlets, it didn't state anywhere on the item that I had to be level 6 renown to wear the item.. I purchased it through the website, not in game. Im sure most noobs would agree... Please change this :)---> any chance for a refund or can i have another starforged gauntlet that won't start the time until after i claim it? .. Thanks Crunch

I went ahead and refunded you for the bracers. In the future, I would recommend buying gear from within the game so that you know whether you meet the requirements or not. All PVP gear will have renown level requirements that you must meet before you can use the gear.

I'll also let our devs know about your suggestions for making the purchase of those items more user-friendly.

#18 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

I went ahead and refunded you for the bracers. In the future, I would recommend buying gear from within the game so that you know whether you meet the requirements or not. All PVP gear will have renown level requirements that you must meet before you can use the gear.

I'll also let our devs know about your suggestions for making the purchase of those items more user-friendly.

Very nice.. Thank You Klazgon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users