#1 Warwench

Warwench

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

I am very much looking forward to the launch. Been checking every night to see if there is a patch!
Adapt and overcome, don't whine and succumb.

#2 Graey

Graey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

ha ha me too...I have the site on its own tab just so i can keep hitting refresh to see if the new website is loaded...talk about obsessive :geek: but i needs me some Alganon :yes: :yes: :yes:

#3 Mu1der

Mu1der

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

I am very much looking forward to the launch. Been checking every night to see if there is a patch!

:whistling: Tomorrow Tomorrow, it's only a day away!

#4 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBloomfield Michigan

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

I am just as excited about the release as anyone else. But the release date is not set in stone. Derek said just that in this thread.

http://www.alganon.c...ble-incredible/

Unfortunately, the new website is not up. So as of now, I can't see the release of 2.0 happening tomorrow. Derek has said that he will not release it until it's done completely. If that doesn't happen for a few days.. Meh, no biggie. I've waited this long, another couple days or so won't matter. Just as long as when it's released, it's as complete and bug free as possible.

The release of 2.0 could make or break this game IMO. If it sucks, then there are a lot of beta testers and long time players that will be gone for good. And a lot of the newer players could feel disillusioned (due to lack of population) and leave too. A MMO depends on a decent playerbase to survive. If there is no one playing then it goes to reason that no one else will join. Hence a dead game.

Let's hope that when it is released that it lives up to what Derek and the team at QOL has said it will be. I have a good feeling about it. I have to. I love this game.

Till next time,
Myst
Posted Image

#5 Riceman

Riceman

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

I am just as excited about the release as anyone else. But the release date is not set in stone. Derek said just that in this thread.

Let's hope that when it is released that it lives up to what Derek and the team at QOL has said it will be. I have a good feeling about it. I have to. I love this game.

I enjoyed the trial enough (even without any other players online, most times) that I bought the game yesterday, without even seeing the relaunch or a full server.

I have a feeling that the relaunch will be good enough to warrant recommending the game to my friends. I have no illusions about the relaunch fixing all the problems, though. I've played too many MMOs to think that any game is ever truly finished or bug-free.
Adrios: Xaphram, 13 Talrok Ranger {Skinning/Leatherworking} // Arkannon, 6 Talrok Magus {Herbalism/Salvaging} // Askarion, 12 Human Soldier {Mining/Blacksmithing}

#6 TikiSanchez

TikiSanchez

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA USA

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

All I'm worried about is whether of not the word has gotten out, so to speak. What has QO done to market this re-release? I'll admit I don't get any gamer or tech magazines, nor do I spend a lot of time on gaming sites. I guess I wonder what good this re-release will do if there hasn't been enough attention drawn to it. I hope that no one QO takes this as criticism, because as I said I don't have any idea from my personal experience.
Tikirin Icefalcon (Tikir/Tiki/Tikin)
Old Timers Guild

#7 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

The game launches tomorrow guys. It is already sealed in stone and I signed off on it already.

The reason the new website is not up yet is because I asked them to hold off and launch it tomorrow morning ahead of the mid afternoon launch of the game
itself.

In the meantime, Ten Ton Hammer has their v2.0 review up. Enjoy!
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#8 Jaede6

Jaede6

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

It is already sealed in stone and I signed off on it already.

OMGOMGOMG :wub:
Adrios - Aniki (Magus) - Quamix (Ranger) - Jaede (Healer) - Toph (Soldier)

#9 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

That's a great response! :thumbsup:
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#10 Patchorus

Patchorus

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

yeehaw! Good thing about timezones is that i will probarly be home from work already when the thing goes off! :woot:
Good going there Qol!

#11 TikiSanchez

TikiSanchez

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA USA

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

When tomorrow? I mean... Should I develop an illness to stay home from work, or should I wait? (West coast time...)
Tikirin Icefalcon (Tikir/Tiki/Tikin)
Old Timers Guild

#12 Bonebreaker

Bonebreaker

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

I for 1 will be there.

"Ghazmok's Judge" Adrios Den/Sensi -- Tank/Healer lv 65.....blarrp

#13 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

We're shooting for around 3PM EST. All things being equal and no Gremlins lurking around on the server.
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#14 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBloomfield Michigan

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

:woot: Yey!! :woot: I get off work at 2pm EST. Sometimes I like being wrong. lol :teehee:
Posted Image

#15 Scorchian

Scorchian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationS Philly , Pa

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Awesome News cant wait to get home tommorrow and try it out .. :thumbsup:

#16 Serpentofshadow

Serpentofshadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

I've been following everything Alganon related since the news about Derek Smart taking over. I'm very excited to see the new website and will be grabbing the trial as soon as 2.0 is released. I'm pretty confident that I'll be buying the game very shortly after that. I've told a number of people, who are now just as eagerly awaiting it.

Also want to add congrats to the hard work the team has done. :) Just one more day!
-The Serpent of Shadow

#17 krulle

krulle

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBaker City, Oregon

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

i'm saying this RIGHT NOW!

just got off work and seen this most awesome news!
Krulle-35 Magus on the Adrios server(Asharr side)
Member of Old Timers Guild

#18 Soupdragon

Soupdragon

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:52 AM

PC clock now has an "Alganon Time" added to it. :whistling:

Here's hoping for a smooth and successful launch for Alganon 2.0 :thumbsup:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."Einstein

#19 HCFragile

HCFragile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

I'll be there as soon as I get home from work =)
Kyra - Magus - Hokk server

#20 Witchcraft

Witchcraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

I'll be there as soon as I get home from work =)

cheers! Same here! And here's to hoping things go smoothly for the QOL team!
! ! ! Old Timer's Guild ! ! !
! ! ! H u z z a h ! ! !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users