5 replies to this topic

#1 Witchcraft

Witchcraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

After visiting the main city in Asheran and doing the quest for the Ourobi I've visited quite a few other portals now and I'm still only able to port to Muck Trader. Was there something I missed? I should have three or four options now when I enter a portal but they don't show up.
! ! ! Old Timer's Guild ! ! !
! ! ! H u z z a h ! ! !

#2 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

Each time you visit a new town with a portal you need to visit the Ourobi at that portal and pay him a fee, for which he will grant you access to it. That town will then become a destination from other portals. Hope this helps.

#3 Witchcraft

Witchcraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

I've done that. Paid the fee in all the towns. Even paid the fee in the main city. Still, the only destination I can visit is Muck Trader. Did I do them out of sequence?
! ! ! H u z z a h ! ! !

#4 Jaede6

Jaede6

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

There are some portals in the human areas that you can port FROM but not TO. I wonder if most of the ones you have gotten might be this kind? There was a map in here somewhere...I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Found it! This might be a good thread to sticky, if possible, this map is super useful.

http://www.alganon.c...__fromsearch__1
Adrios - Aniki (Magus) - Quamix (Ranger) - Jaede (Healer) - Toph (Soldier)

#5 Witchcraft

Witchcraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Wow! Thank you very much for this! Now I have to wonder is there a specific reason it was done like this? Seems very confusing.
! ! ! H u z z a h ! ! !

#6 accessviolation

accessviolation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVon Braun

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

Wow! Thank you very much for this! Now I have to wonder is there a specific reason it was done like this? Seems very confusing.

Some of the portals (notably the ones you've found in the early areas of the game) are going to require tribute purchases to fully access. We don't have much more in the way of details at this time. If you talk to the NPC next to the "one-way" portals, they'll indicate something along those lines, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users