11 replies to this topic

#1 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

POPULAR

First, start by reading this thread. Absorb the sentiments starting with the post that spawned it.

Now, let me just say this flat out.

Any sort of nonsense that even looks like it is violating the forum's TOS will be DELETED and the person writing it flat out BANNED.

There will be absolutely...

NO WARNING

NO SECOND CHANCES

NO EXCEPTIONS

And if after you are banned on the forums you even think of coming back (yes, we know your IP address) or try to do the same rubbish in game, we will ban your game character. Before you even ask, the answer is yes, we DO have the right to do that if you violate our TOS.

We're not working our butts off so that you can come here slam us, slam the game, disparage the hard work we're doing, turn the forums into a battleground (want to fight? Well thats great! So go do it IN the game!) and continue to act like this was your living room or backyard.

These forums are for people who LIKE the game, to share and discuss the game without being subjected to anti-social behavior.

I posted this elsewhere, so let me post it here as well.

These forums are not for negative postulation. Any and all such posts will be deleted.

If you don't like the game, leave.

If you don't think the game will survive, leave.

If you don't think we're going to make it, leave.

If you don't think we're developing the game exactly how you want it, leave.

Seriously we only want positive vibes because positivity begets positivity. We are at a critical time right now and simply don't have the time or patience to deal with foolishness.

If you want to help us, do so. If you don't, yes, you got it, LEAVE.

There are LOTS of helpful and informative people on the forums, if you can't beat them, go ahead, join them.

Now thats out of the way and given the forum clutter (I've asked the team to sort that out in the coming days), here are some resources for your reading pleasure.

wtf just happened!?!

Who is Derek Smart?

...and why should I care?

...apart from the obvious?

Make no mistake, while I realize that this is a whole different community than the ones for my own games, rules are rules.

Sure I'm older and wiser now, thus a bit more restrained, however those of you stuck in the past and want to use it as a crutch to continue behaving badly because you think you're hurting (TIP: You're not; so give it up because I'm not going anywhere) me, need to stay there. It is better that way because even the most resilient of cavemen didn't evolve past the Bronze Age.

To the rest of you who want to help the team and I turn this game and company around, thanks for your help, suggestions and support.
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#2 Sykes

Sykes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

You stuck it to the man! I'm happy to follow you into battle, my friend.

#3 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

Just so we're clear, my posting has nothing to do with posting about issues and what not. So I don't want anyone freaking out thinking that they should only post positive stuff. Thats not the case at all.

You can post your gripes, issues etc as normal; just be respectful and have no traces of flamebait, trolling or whatever else will derail the thread and send it South.

We welcome any and all feedback. The key issue is how you communicate that feedback and how you react with the follow-up responses.

With that...

Posted Image
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

#4 Kamaile

Kamaile

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

I just wanted to clarify something. The thread you linked - the first post in that thread somehow violated TOS?

I'm just asking. I honestly don't know the answer, but I want to understand where this thread came from.
Kujix all the way....On Adrios: Kamaile (Lvl 50 LB Ranger), Kamasuture (Lvl 50 Magus), Kamalexa (Lvl 50 Soldier), Verdante (Lvl 24 Healer). Guild: Ghazmok's Judge ~~ On Hokk: Keahi (Lvl 8? Magus)

#5 Kalsydor

Kalsydor

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationItasca, Illinois

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

I just wanted to clarify something. The thread you linked - the first post in that thread somehow violated TOS?

I'm just asking. I honestly don't know the answer, but I want to understand where this thread came from.

Kind of confused here as well - though I have a sad feeling I'll get banned between my 14 page letter to you on mmorpg development (as if you truly need my advice, I know but hey it was worth a try :)) - and the posts here...

Definitively - if you could blue highlight the TOS infractions contained within the parts of those threads - that would be helpful.

Anyway - hope everything does work out here for the best but not just for the investors who probably are the true backbone of the industry as Warhammer painfully taught us - when I believe it should be us - but that it works out for the players themselves.

It has been to darn long since so many of us old school Ultima, EQ, DAoC, and Asheron's Call players have had a fun sandbox to play in that had depth with multiple race, class, and hey even the wildcard factor of 3 factions make sense as well...(I'll save that argument for the next gen stuff :)).

I wish I knew what has happened to this genre that 10-12 years after the first big mmorpgs hit the market - that other than that OTHER big mmorpg we all know about...the inventiveness, depth, and replay value just has not returned. R.A. Salvatore I believe said it best when he pointed out that he hasn't found a sense of epic since he first played EQ...

I really want this title to succeed - we just have to show the big mmorpg investors like Blizz and Turbine that an indie project can do it to - and without copy paste. I think mmorpgs try so hard to be so many things to so many people they instead end up being nothing to everyone - folks, if worse comes to worse, just go back to the beginning - "empty your cups" as the Taoist would say - and start over.

I do believe there are some amazing epic novels that can be researched as to why they are so epic.

/salute best of luck folks - I will keep checking in with hope and faith that QoL turns it around.
Kalsydor Locklsey ~ Templar ~
Guardian of Pilgrims

#6 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

The thread I linked to is fine. I pointed it out as an example of someone complaining about how there is so much negative stuff going on. I agreed with the post, hence the reason I linked to it.

@ Kalsydor

As to the 14 page tome you sent, trust me, we read it. It is the most detailed and well thought out doc I have ever seen from a typical gamer. So kudos to you for that.

Look, we're not banning anyone willy nilly. Thats not the case at all. Since the game is obviously going to grow, we just want to ensure that everyone was aware of policies going forward.

Once again, don't panic. :)

#7 Kamaile

Kamaile

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Cool. I just couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what that OP posted that was bad. :) I agree with him too. Thanks for the reply.
Kujix all the way....On Adrios: Kamaile (Lvl 50 LB Ranger), Kamasuture (Lvl 50 Magus), Kamalexa (Lvl 50 Soldier), Verdante (Lvl 24 Healer). Guild: Ghazmok's Judge ~~ On Hokk: Keahi (Lvl 8? Magus)

#8 BVRBandit

BVRBandit

QOL Staff

• Administrators
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Cool. I just couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what that OP posted that was bad. :) I agree with him too. Thanks for the reply.

*phew* that was close. :ninja:

#9 Kalsydor

Kalsydor

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationItasca, Illinois

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:59 AM

The thread I linked to is fine. I pointed it out as an example of someone complaining about how there is so much negative stuff going on. I agreed with the post, hence the reason I linked to it.

@ Kalsydor

As to the 14 page tome you sent, trust me, we read it. It is the most detailed and well thought out doc I have ever seen from a typical gamer. So kudos to you for that.

Look, we're not banning anyone willy nilly. Thats not the case at all. Since the game is obviously going to grow, we just want to ensure that everyone was aware of policies going forward.

Once again, don't panic. :)

You honor me sir thank you! :)!!!
Kalsydor Locklsey ~ Templar ~
Guardian of Pilgrims

#10 allisyia

allisyia

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLancaster, UK

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

With that...

Posted Image

hahaha, that's great ^^ Here is a similar one:

Posted Image

Kujix: Oshimara, Ranger and Miashima, Healer
Asharr: Allisyia, Healer and Lliannah, Magus

#11 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

xkcd is brilliant :)
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#12 Radium

Radium

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Hopefully as we all have gotten older we have a bit more wisdom on handling disagreements over the internet. I once kicked about 100 members out of a guild I was running in EQ in one day. While it did make my life as a guild leader easier it did blow up both the guild I was running and the group that splintered did not last two months even under their leadership.

Point is that fighting over the internet never gives a win for anyone really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users