• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ste

ste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:54 AM

sorry but i think i dont play anymore until you change the repair cost of the gear.

i died one time and spent all my money for ONE repair and after???? how can i repair again? how can i buy my abilities from the trainer?

now im without money and with my gear broken with no possibilities to repair; its normal to die sometimes trying killing that mob etc.....but with these cost its only frustrating.

#2 Bonebreaker

Bonebreaker

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:24 AM

sorry but i think i dont play anymore until you change the repair cost of the gear.

i died one time and spent all my money for ONE repair and after???? how can i repair again? how can i buy my abilities from the trainer?

now im without money and with my gear broken with no possibilities to repair; its normal to die sometimes trying killing that mob etc.....but with these cost its only frustrating.

I have to agree that the scale is way too high on repair cost, especially when some of the deaths are server/client accidents.

Den

#3 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

I have not yet repaired after being the victim to some weird aoe dot when the mob was not even in sight, my armour went down to 95% as I watched the aoe dot tick from the unseen mob who was way off in the ocean. A DOT I guess but sheesh he has some long range.....

I, in all my months here since Sept 2009, have only amassed a fortune of 333 gold. If I spend that in my repairs which took me 5 months to earn.....
I can only fight once every 5 months or so.

Oh not to mention when I logged in this morning I immediately died - it seems the DOT kept right on killing me as I was offline, and my armour is now 85%. :ohmy:
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#4 Chyra

Chyra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:21 AM

Yeah I've been hesitant to log in after hearing this. I've got full Dawning gear and can only imagine what it will cost to repair. Like you, I've been here from the beginning and have about 400 gold.

This seems to have created an incentive either not to participate in groups which might get us killed, or using our Dawning gear only when soloing and swapping out to the green stuff to help others.

I really really hate large money sinks.
Posted Image

#5 kriegen

kriegen

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:25 AM

I had a few deaths from killing the new bosses, and I used the stone once prior to patch notes being released and it cost me 26 gold to repair. That is pretty high, but I had a blast last night. Was great doing high lvl content again. I would rather have the penalty lay off the items in your bags. I *use* to carry some extra gear on me so I could switch out depending on situation.

#6 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:57 AM

Wait - I did not check the gear in my bags - Does this mean my gear in my bags gets damages too even tho I am not wearing it?
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#7 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

Gear in your packs get damaged only if you resurrect at a stone instead of your corpse.

As for the repair costs, we agree 100% and are getting this lowered drastically. It's the magic/epic items that are causing the majority of the price skyrocketing, and we're getting this balanced. There's no use repairing when every bit of your money goes towards just keeping your armor from breaking.

I would recommend that lower level players not wear their Top Hat (or any other Epic gear) until we get this price change in.

That being said, a corpse run is far less trouble than the extra durability hit to your items from resurrecting at the stone, so I would recommend people start making more trips to their body from here on out, or getting a party member to resurrect you, if possible. Death now means something in the world of Alganon. :)

Stay tuned...
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#8 Liziana

Liziana

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Death certainly means something Padreic...it means I have shelved what was, for me, a fantastically fun game. I've only been playing a few days and my main is only level 21, and I have no intention of spending her meagre 3 gold on repairs. I'll keep an eye open on these forums for news of a change. It IS (was?) a good game, but there are better out there with the same frustrations (money sinks).

#9 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Death certainly means something Padreic...it means I have shelved what was, for me, a fantastically fun game. I've only been playing a few days and my main is only level 21, and I have no intention of spending her meagre 3 gold on repairs. I'll keep an eye open on these forums for news of a change. It IS (was?) a good game, but there are better out there with the same frustrations (money sinks).

Player Blacksmiths should be able to repair -- period -- their own and others armor.

My wife will probably not play anymore as she dies every half hour or so and has very little gold. At least until this game-breaking fiasco is taken care of.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#10 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

The costs were lowered a great deal, and this is now much more balanced, as it should have been. If you run back to your corpse, the durability loss will be minor, and only applied to your equiped items.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

#11 Liziana

Liziana

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thanks Padreic...will give it a try today, but giving the Poachers a wide berth...they are totally lethal at the moment :)

#12 BestAwesome

BestAwesome

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Player Blacksmiths should be able to repair -- period -- their own and others armor.

My wife will probably not play anymore as she dies every half hour or so and has very little gold. At least until this game-breaking fiasco is taken care of.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

I myself is leveling a blacksmith but I can't agree with that even if it sounds novel. Why? Because our repair costs are the only penalty we get every time we die and I think dying should have severe consequences. Think about how you're faced with the Game Over and Continue screen in console or arcade games, the durability of your gear is like how many credits you got to spend to Continue and not get a game over. I do think Blacksmiths might be able to add a special patch that can grant some sustainability on the armor by a bit to allow you to have one more go at the quest, instance or whatever you're doing but that's it.

#13 MongolianMisfit

MongolianMisfit

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCleveland, TN.

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

Padreic's two posts on this thread are just two points in fact why I already love this game. (I'm brand new as of official launch.) Seeing a lead not only openly acknowledge a problem, but have their team fix said problem within 12 hours...now that's unheard of in the MMO industry.

If the support and dedication I've seen and experienced so far are any indicator of success, then by-god I give a hardy clap to Quest Online. I really wanna see this game succeed in the MMO niche. :)

Edited by MongolianMisfit, 01 May 2010 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users