#1 DEW

DEW

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAt my computer , Duuuhhh!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

My client is crashing 3 to 5 times an hour..

Attached Files

1: Nothing, 2: Your Momma, 3: Shut Up, Take your pick !!

#2 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

We've heard this from several players, and we're currently trying to find the cause and a solution to it. Nothing in the DxDiag looks to be the issue though. Out of curiosity, what type of internet connection are you using?

#3 DEW

DEW

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

We've heard this from several players, and we're currently trying to find the cause and a solution to it. Nothing in the DxDiag looks to be the issue though. Out of curiosity, what type of internet connection are you using?

I'm on cable broadband. I notice the crashsender crashes also lol. I get a notice that Crashsender has encountered a problem. I can give the time the crashes started too.. After 2am PST Monday morning.

Every time except once, the client crashed while I was running somewhere (not on mount) and the last crash I was in the water watching a world boss attacking another player. I also notice some lag or FPS drop before crash.

Edited by DEW, 16 March 2010 - 11:10 AM.

#4 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

I crashed this morning as I do off and on just riding my Jax along.... not on auto run, steering with my mouse. But this time it was really really bad.... my screen went black..... then it came up to desktop with the screen resolution totally horrendously off.
Before Sunday on my old monitor I was playing in ws 1440 x 900 and would ctd and it just be a normal ctd.
Sunday I switched to my new monitor settings of ws 1680 x 1050. Dunno if the new settings have anything to do with it or the patch or what......
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#5 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

Are you both playing in full screen mode? There have been several issues that would only appear when playing in full screen. This could be another of those situations.

#6 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

Yes I have been in full screen mode.
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#7 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

I Also Run 1680x1050 fullscreen and Do not have those issue's.
The south sea boss mob does have Terrible Lag though!
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#8 DEW

DEW

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Yes full screen at 1280x1024.

#9 Parilis

Parilis

CSGM

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

Well I talked with some devs about the crash reporter crashing. He recommended that if that happens, wait just a bit longer to see if the reporter will kick back in and send the report. The crash reports should also be saved to your computer.

For Vista or 7, you can go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports and then the folder with the latest build number (which should be ALganonClient_1.1.15.2204).

For XP you can go to \Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports.

You'll need to make sure you can view hidden folders though to navigate through the folders. Hopefully the crash reports were saved so we can use those to find the issue. You can then just send me a PM with those reports attached.

#10 MikeS

MikeS

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

I am also having multiple crashes, at random, with both my chars>. I've tried to follow your instr, but when I bring up W7 explorer, I can get C:\Users\Mike\ but no Appdata. I know I must have many saved dumps from the crashes because many times the dump sender has crashed trying to send it.
Can you give me any other ideas?
Thank you.

#11 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

I am also having multiple crashes, at random, with both my chars>. I've tried to follow your instr, but when I bring up W7 explorer, I can get C:\Users\Mike\ but no Appdata. I know I must have many saved dumps from the crashes because many times the dump sender has crashed trying to send it.
Can you give me any other ideas?
Thank you.

The folders are hidden by default and can't be found by clicking icons. Put the full file path in the navigation bar at the top of the W7 explorer window. C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports

#12 MikeS

MikeS

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

I got them1 There are dozens, so I'll just send the latest 2 sumps/

Attached Files

#13 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

I got them1 There are dozens, so I'll just send the latest 2 sumps/

Thank you, I'll pass these along to our client dev so he can figure out what is causing the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users