Ikki

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hello

I have been following Alganon since the development announce and was thinking about getting it, but due to subscription fees, I didnt.
Now that I have read about the F2P and the new direction of the game, I have downloaded the game and trying out.

1. I sure agree with the new lead that the WoW type UI needs to be changed. It is sure familiar, but it gets boring after some time.

2. I am currently in the beginning area. How is the population afterward? How about on the official servers?

#2 Mystilla

Mystilla

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBloomfield Michigan

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hello

I have been following Alganon since the development announce and was thinking about getting it, but due to subscription fees, I didnt.
Now that I have read about the F2P and the new direction of the game, I have downloaded the game and trying out.

1. I sure agree with the new lead that the WoW type UI needs to be changed. It is sure familiar, but it gets boring after some time.

2. I am currently in the beginning area. How is the population afterward? How about on the official servers?

Honestly, the population now is practically non-existant. Everyone has basically run out of things to do. And since there are very few quests for the last 10 or so levels, the others don't want to grind it out.

There is good news though. :biggrin: Next week there will be a patch out that introduces new world bosses. This patch is an intro for the big content patch to come on April 8th. The April patch will include a bunch of new content including instances. I am sure that once this happens, a bunch of us that haven't logged in for a while will be back. The population will undoubtedly get a much needed boost at that time.

As of now, the most populated server is Adrios. But like I said, that too is a shadow of it's former self until the new content is released. Hang in there. I know it doesn't look good now, but us who have been here since the closed beta have been waiting for some time. I know that a good percentage of us plan on returning in April, if not sooner. Most of us still have high hopes for this game. :thumbsup:

Till then, good luck,
Myst
Posted Image

#3 allisyia

allisyia

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLancaster, UK

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:57 AM

Welcome to Alganon, Ikki.

As Mystilla says, hang in there if you can. From reading the forums I get the feeling lots of people (including myself) will be returning to Alganon once the upcoming patches have been implemented.

I'm nowhere near max lv (15 is the highest on one of my toons), and hopefully there will be new people starting, so you won't be left with nobody your own level.

It's a great game with a lot of potential, and the community was definitely the selling point for me. I had to take a break because I got a bit burnt out in beta, but I'm looking forward to coming back with my enthusiasm revitalised.
Kujix: Oshimara, Ranger and Miashima, Healer
Asharr: Allisyia, Healer and Lliannah, Magus

#4 Chyra

Chyra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Welcome to Alganon! As was stated, Adrios has the higher population and I've been seeing several new players the last few days. So I think if you hang with it for a bit, you'll start to see more people in the next few weeks.

Much luck and hope you have fun with it.
Posted Image

#5 xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

ive been fooling around w crafting alts lately and there are a lot more new faces running around in the (adrios, human) starter area than i've seen previously .. still not talking crowds, but pop does defintely appear to be rising.

#6 Ikki

Ikki

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

well, see I like to talk to people :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users