• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 johnon

johnon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hey all. I'm an ex-Clan Lord, URU Live (trying to go back) and WoW player, as well as near every other MMO out there.

I've been playing the trial (started today) and I'm trying to believe it will get better and I want to believe in the patch on March 1st being the solution, but I have to ask.

I'm playing a Talrok right now. I haven't seen anyone in the starter area, and that's on the trial.

How is the population on the "official" servers? I might be able to wait out the patch if I can find some guys to help me out in the beginning with playing catch up.

I dunno. Just looking and discovering. I'll play out my 7 day free trial, at least, and we'll see then.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Xaander

Xaander

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:25 AM

Hey all. I'm an ex-Clan Lord, URU Live (trying to go back) and WoW player, as well as near every other MMO out there.

I've been playing the trial (started today) and I'm trying to believe it will get better and I want to believe in the patch on March 1st being the solution, but I have to ask.

I'm playing a Talrok right now. I haven't seen anyone in the starter area, and that's on the trial.

How is the population on the "official" servers? I might be able to wait out the patch if I can find some guys to help me out in the beginning with playing catch up.

I dunno. Just looking and discovering. I'll play out my 7 day free trial, at least, and we'll see then.

Thanks in advance!

The population is pretty low on both servers.

Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced the true voice of Shakespeare until you have heard it in the voice of Elcor.

#3 johnon

johnon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:42 AM

How low is "pretty low"?

Mainly, I'm just looking to make sure that there are people to hang out with in-game.

As I said, I came from Clan Lord. I can deal with only about 30 people on at a time with limited features, granted as I've said, I've read up on the March 1st patch and am curious.

#4 Xaander

Xaander

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:31 AM

How low is "pretty low"?

Mainly, I'm just looking to make sure that there are people to hang out with in-game.

As I said, I came from Clan Lord. I can deal with only about 30 people on at a time with limited features, granted as I've said, I've read up on the March 1st patch and am curious.

30 would be a pretty high population count most of the time.

Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced the true voice of Shakespeare until you have heard it in the voice of Elcor.

#5 Chyra

Chyra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:52 AM

How low is "pretty low"?

On Adrios which is the higher population server, when I'm online I see between 3 and 12 people on the human side. Talrok side usually has fewer from what I've heard.
Posted Image

#6 johnon

johnon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

That doesn't sound good. =/

In that case, I may wait til after the patch to see what happens.

#7 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hokk usually has 2-6 playing and a few gm's hiding
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#8 johnon

johnon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

In all honesty, do you all think it will improve?

#9 jdsmith

jdsmith

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Yes. ;)

#10 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Will there might be hope.

A lot of discussion going on about the upcoming March 1st update. The possibility that this will be the start of F2P (Free 2 Play) and the opening of the Dawning content promised (instances - group content). Of course all of this is hush hush at the moment so most are just waiting to see what does develop.

If it does go F2P most of the current player base will probably go on to other things (myself included) but it might just bring in the crowds that the QOL ppl are looking for to stay afloat. I've already donated over $900.00 to this company by buying 5 yearly subs when the price was at premium so I won't be around for any Cash Stores or Items Stores. It'll be back to solo player games and Istaria for me.

But we'll see what March 1st brings.

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#11 johnon

johnon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

Alright, well, I've made my decision. I'm going to lurk until March rolls around and see what it has in store for Alganon.

#12 Requnix

Requnix

Prophet

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

We actually put a halt on all marketing in Dec/Jan and plan on resuming marketing shortly with an announcement which has been delayed just a bit. Stay tuned...

The issue is we haven't generated visibility and won't until we really start pushing. Give us a bit more time.

#13 Wraithblade

Wraithblade

Patron

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

Will there might be hope.

A lot of discussion going on about the upcoming March 1st update. The possibility that this will be the start of F2P (Free 2 Play) and the opening of the Dawning content promised (instances - group content). Of course all of this is hush hush at the moment so most are just waiting to see what does develop.

If it does go F2P most of the current player base will probably go on to other things (myself included) but it might just bring in the crowds that the QOL ppl are looking for to stay afloat. I've already donated over $900.00 to this company by buying 5 yearly subs when the price was at premium so I won't be around for any Cash Stores or Items Stores. It'll be back to solo player games and Istaria for me.

But we'll see what March 1st brings.

Just Me,
Tim

Sorry to hear that. I played Horizons at launch for many painful months, but it was finally obvious that the writing was on the wall. Went back for a month in december(2009), but my hearts just not in it. Though I wish all of you that remain the very best of luck. I'm still in wait and see mode in regards to Alganon. It has SO much potential to be a good game. Lets see what happens on the 1st of march.
If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

#14 Ramnpage

Ramnpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

Out of curiosity, has the population increased at all?

#15 Dror

Dror

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Out of curiosity, has the population increased at all?

Actually, this last week we have seen quite a few more new players come into the game. The max level folks in the guild are mostly still MIA though. I guess people heard that this game is going F2P, and are hoping to get a small headstart.

#16 sightlesspite

sightlesspite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

i haven't touched my toons for a while since I've gotten rather bored with the sounds of crickets and no body really on and such. I have mixed feelings about going f2p, But if they have to i guess they have too -.-

#17 Ramnpage

Ramnpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Oh, so the game is going F2P? I thought it was just going buy to play with a cash shop.

F2P will bring a crowd probably, and new life, but I also dislike that play model simply because of the majority of gamers nowadays.

#18 Dror

Dror

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Actually Ramnpage, the client will still cost money to purchase, but once you do buy it, there is no subscription, just the cash shop.

Much like guild wars, except in GW, most of the stuff for purchase is just addons for your account, and not ingame items.

#19 Ramnpage

Ramnpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought (buy to play with no monthly fee). I think that's an excellent business model. It allows people to take breaks without worrying about shelling out extra cash each month, and the client cost will keep out trolls who don't want to invest anything in the game.

Quick question, since I've been putting off purchasing the game till the 11th, which server has the highest population?

#20 Dror

Dror

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

I can't be sure, but I am fairly confident that Adrios has the higher population.

Also, from what I have seen, Magus's are the least played class right now, while Soldiers are the highest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users