• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 bquackenbush

bquackenbush

• QOL Staff
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting this, but I was asked by the higher ups to hold off on providing any of this information until today. As you have probably already seen elsewhere on the site, The new subscription-free pricing model that Alganon is adopting introduces the concept of Tribute. This is what part of the new API for the last patch includes.

tributeAmount = AvatarGetTribute() - This function returns the amount of Tribute that is currently credited to your account. It is the value you see next to the T icon in the avatar's money frame.
returns: tributeAmount (integer) The amount of tribute that is associated with your account (note that Tribute is account based and not side based or character based)

logEnabled, logName = ChatWindowGetLogging(chatWindowIndex) - Return logging information about a specific chat window
param: chatWindowIndex (integer) The chat window to return information for
returns: logEnabled (bool) True or false based on if logging for this window is currently enabled
returns: logName (string) The name of the log file that logging is sent to when eabled. This should be a valid filename such as 'chattab1.log'

ChatWindowSetLogging(chatWindowIndex, logEnabled, logName) - This function sets logging preferences for a given chat window index
param: chatWindowIndex (integer) The chat window to set logging preferences for
logEnable (bool) True or False if logging should be enabled for this chat window or not
logName (string) The base filename that chat logging should be sent to

#2 k2m

k2m

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

As you have probably already seen elsewhere on the site, The new subscription-free pricing model that Alganon is adopting introduces the concept of Tribute.

Where?
Rasha: 4x Soldier / Talrok / Adrios
Kasha: 0x Healer / Talrok / Adrios

#3 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

omfg :mad:
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#4 Bonebreaker

Bonebreaker

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

WTH-------GAME OVER--------------

#5 bquackenbush

bquackenbush

• QOL Staff
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

It would seem that there was a need for a brief delay in the planned posting of the information. However, those that decided the delay was needed did not get a chance to let the rest of us know.

The only thing I can say at this point is to please be patient and wait until the information that this post refers to is made available before jumping to too many conclusions about it's meaning. I'm sure that said information will be released soon™.

#6 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

:huh:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting this, but I was asked by the higher ups to hold off on providing any of this information until today. As you have probably already seen elsewhere on the site, The new subscription-free pricing model that Alganon is adopting introduces the concept of Tribute. This is what part of the new API for the last patch includes.tributeAmount = AvatarGetTribute() - This function returns the amount of Tribute that is currently credited to your account. It is the value you see next to the T icon in the avatar's money frame. returns: tributeAmount (integer) The amount of tribute that is associated with your account (note that Tribute is account based and not side based or character based) logEnabled, logName = ChatWindowGetLogging(chatWindowIndex) - Return logging information about a specific chat window param: chatWindowIndex (integer) The chat window to return information for returns: logEnabled (bool) True or false based on if logging for this window is currently enabled returns: logName (string) The name of the log file that logging is sent to when eabled. This should be a valid filename such as 'chattab1.log' ChatWindowSetLogging(chatWindowIndex, logEnabled, logName) - This function sets logging preferences for a given chat window index param: chatWindowIndex (integer) The chat window to set logging preferences for logEnable (bool) True or False if logging should be enabled for this chat window or not logName (string) The base filename that chat logging should be sent to

Dude,
Not all of us are programers :huh:
Perhaps you could explain what this means ..In English so those of us that arent as smart as you can understand?
I'am real close to cancelling my account.. and I might be misreading this.
It has scared me ... but i dont want to jump to conclusions until i Understand what it all means :huh:
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#7 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hmm ya jumped in and posted in riddles again..Before i got my post in..
Ok thats 2 screw ups for the day!
Your Fired!!
Ya just made the last 10 players quit the game with your 1/2 assed ramblings.
Good Going
"Ok Dave Give Me a Brrrreak" :whistling:
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#8 Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

lyrics....... " fuh fuh fuh da h sheeee"

will this be my adios to Adrios?
~~~~//~~~~~\<@ knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
---@--- Jayaha Talrok Magus | Chadeaux Human Ranger | Adrios & Hokk ---@--- Posted Image

#9 Padreic

Padreic

Lead CSGM / Spreader of Chaos

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

I'm closing this topic, guys. The purpose was to discuss the API changes/additions, not to go down the road it's being taken.

Additional API posts will be created and talked about in other threads.
I'm currently drinking a Pepsi. Doesn't matter when you read this, it's most likely true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users