4 replies to this topic

#1 Voodoo

Voodoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

I bug-reported this on an in-game-ticket, but am wondering if any other rangers are seeing this as an issue (I thought it might be a lag problem, but it's a consistant issue for me):

AFTER 1/28/10 Patch: Invigorate ability does not fire off after cooldown SOMETIMES. At times it takes mashing the hotkey 4 or 5 times to get it. Sometimes it works fine. It almost seems like a lag problem, but I'm not seeing any other lag atm to cause it. Also, its the same problem weather I have myself targetted or not. At times it wears off before it fires. This did not happen before the patch.

Another bug on this that existed Prior to this patch: IF an NPC character is targetted, it attempts to cast on the NPC. This is not the case with NPC MOBS, just with NPC merchants, etc. It's not a big issue, just annoying, since the NPC target stays on your target even when out of range, thus making it necessary to hit the escape key a few times and sometimes forcing me to target myself before it will fire.

#2 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

Edit: I was able to reproduce this quickly, and I got good client and server logs that show where the point of failure is occurring. I'll get with the server guys Monday morning and we'll work on fixing this issue. Can't promise we'll get it solved in this next patch, but we'll sure try.
----------------------------------

As to the first point, I've seen this occur when combined with a movement or while jumping. Are you saying that you're standing still and it's failing to cast? There are a number of things that could cause this but any additional info you can provide will help me in my quest to find the issue.

With regard to your second point, not a bug. Friendly NPCs are legitimate targets for beneficial spells. As you noted it's possible to clear your target by hitting <Esc>, you can also always target yourself by hitting <F1> or by selecting your portrait on the UI.

#3 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

Problem Solved, will be in the next patch.

#4 Whyspir

Whyspir

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida Baby!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

" Come On Dave...Give me a Break!!"

Or ya could Just Give Nightvision a Raise.
I Must say Swift - Fast and Problem Solved! Thats one hell of a team player!!

Ok Nightvision.. Now lets see what ya can do about getting us Rangers Some Descent lv 40 plus bows.. Ya know like 1.5 speed 65 dps or so..Not these 3+ speed useless bows.
So we can be the machine guns we were born to be..
I will Even give ya Permission to name it Deadly Whyspir..or Silent Whyspir.. :yes:
"I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks."
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman."

#5 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

"Hey hey hey... one break... coming UP" - lol, I love that song!

I definitely appreciate the kind words. The community here is generally great, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

While they don't typically allow me to mess with gear itemization (I am, after all, a bit of a bull in the china shop), I will pass along your suggestion to the gods of gear. One thing is for certain, we're only at the beginning of the road here. I fully anticipate that the coming months will find all types of new items and gear that will benefit players of every different style.

As you point out, Minuvo clearly stated he wants us (Rangers) to be machine guns. I think that bodes well for this class, and I look forward to playing it for a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users