• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cinderkin

Cinderkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

I'm not sure if I'm posting this is the appropriate place or not so please move as needed.

I would like to propose a different system when using the portals. As a casual player I find that I often forget the area that I was last in as far as the city name/Portal point. I also have no luck when I try to open the map to see where the portal points are located in. I would like to propose that when one interacts with the portal, that a map of the continent emerges with each portal unlocked as a dot on the map that is selectable with the camp/city name and price listed next to the dot. This would really improve my game experience and I'm sure others may find it useful as well.

Thank you in advance for taking my proposal into consideration.

As a side issue, I find it rather odd that when I interact with the portals that the place I am at is listed with a price in the same list. Is this a "cheat" that allows for repeatedly paying to portal to the same location to gain rep with the portal faction, or is that rep only gained when paying to unlock it and other quests?

#2 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

I'm not sure if I'm posting this is the appropriate place or not so please move as needed.

I would like to propose a different system when using the portals. As a casual player I find that I often forget the area that I was last in as far as the city name/Portal point. I also have no luck when I try to open the map to see where the portal points are located in. I would like to propose that when one interacts with the portal, that a map of the continent emerges with each portal unlocked as a dot on the map that is selectable with the camp/city name and price listed next to the dot. This would really improve my game experience and I'm sure others may find it useful as well.

Thank you in advance for taking my proposal into consideration.

As a side issue, I find it rather odd that when I interact with the portals that the place I am at is listed with a price in the same list. Is this a "cheat" that allows for repeatedly paying to portal to the same location to gain rep with the portal faction, or is that rep only gained when paying to unlock it and other quests?

Rep is only gained when you except the portal quest and then pay whatever the price is for finishing the quest. You get rep and that portal unlocked. It really shouldn't be in the destination list when you walk up to a portal IMHO as it'd just be a waste of good $ to teleport where you already are.

I like your other suggestion for a portal map rather then a portal list but I doubt we'll see this improvement anytime soon. Well maybe "soon" but what the definition of soon is ?? who knows.

Just My 2cents,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#3 Mhantra

Mhantra

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Ahh, Vanguard sytle! Tis a nice system, tis true...
Xakalak; Hokk; Talrok Lifeblood Ranger
Mhantra; Adrios; Human Frost Magus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users