• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cer

Cer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

I will probably download the free trial and see if this game runs on my computer. If I like what I see, I might subscribe. But I have some questions:
1.Are there any plans to change the character models? You may call me fickle, but I identify myself with my character and from what I have seen, the models right now are pretty ugly.
2.Can anyone tell me if the class are different, fun and if I can build my very own character? Many skills to choose from is what I wish for.
3. I don't like playing alone, so are there some friendly guilds that would take in a newbie?

#2 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

I will probably download the free trial and see if this game runs on my computer. If I like what I see, I might subscribe. But I have some questions:
1.Are there any plans to change the character models? You may call me fickle, but I identify myself with my character and from what I have seen, the models right now are pretty ugly.
2.Can anyone tell me if the class are different, fun and if I can build my very own character? Many skills to choose from is what I wish for.
3. I don't like playing alone, so are there some friendly guilds that would take in a newbie?

1) - In the future - Not the near future from what we gather.
2) - I play the 4 different classes on both servers and they are fun - for me anyway.
3) - There are a couple of large guilds depending on your server / faction. Old Timers Guild - Adrios/Human side (age requirerments). After the Dawn guild - Adrios/Kujix side. Ceaseless Hokk/Human side. And Genesis Hokk/Kujix side. As found at MyAlganon Guild List site - Alganon Guilds.

The game at the moment has very little group content, very little conversation on the world chat channels (guild chat is probably more vocal), I tend to label the game a good solo player Online RPG.

Just My 2 cents worth,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#3 Lexee

Lexee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

I feel the very same way. It's supposedly something they plan to address down the line but is not an immediate priority. Can't happen soon enough for me!

Playing a Magus, I'd say there are an average number of skills available - not quite as many as a level 50 mage would have in WoW, but close enough. As well, each class has three skill trees in which to invest. What makes the classes a bit more interesting for me are the non-standard roles that some classes are able to take. For example, Frost Magii can be AoE tanks and Lifeblood(?) Rangers can be healers.

Edited by Lexee, 19 January 2010 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image
Eldaran makes me question my faith in the ability of people to be ***holes.

#4 Mhantra

Mhantra

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

Yes, I like the classes. I am a class tinkerer, and if you aren't going with the min-max method, there are an amazing number of viable builds in each class.

While most magii go fire tree (single target dmg), you can also be a tank.

Seems most Rangers want Predation tree (singe target ranged dmg), you can be a full blown healer or a pretty good solo tank. both are a very different playstyle.

The soldier has a few trees as well, but generally, unless you go some form of protection (for epicenter) and raise your riposte, you might find yourself on the lower end of leetness (though weaponry specc seems to do well).

Healer has a few trees, many seem to prefer the dmg tree (spirit mastery), but the channeling tree is interesting as a solo character, and the divination tree, while it peaks late, is very strong in group healing. But as is said before, the group content is coming, but not really there yet.

My brother and I duo, and we pull 20+ mobs of equal level to create challenge for ourselves (lol). He's a frost magus (tank) and I am a LifeBlood Ranger (healer).
Xakalak; Hokk; Talrok Lifeblood Ranger
Mhantra; Adrios; Human Frost Magus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users