Photo

Concurrent Adventure & Crafting Studies.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DeLang

DeLang

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

It would boost the fun-factor of studies tremendously for me if studies were divided into crafting and adventure studies. Double the width of the study UI an give one side to adventure and the other to crafting. Let us study something from each side at the same time.

I find that I'm totally bored with studies currently. I've been studying a particular crafting line to help with "The Dawning." It's been over a month and I still have a few more days to go, so the entirety of my study interaction in-game has been to set up this course.

I'd love to be able to play with the various adventure studies. My first character has been Lv 50 for some time and has zero adventure studies to help it's performance and fun. I've an alt at Lv 20 and still no adventure studies to explore and play with, because I can't veer from this blasted Dawning study track. (ok, I could veer, but I'm not gonna let down my guild and I want the server to finish this event ASAP.)

If only players could run crafting studies and adventure studies simultaneously, there'd be so much more fun to be had. I could still honor my pledge to the guild and server with the crafting duty, *and* I could actually have a bit of study-fun on my adventure side. As it is now, I'll have a couple of toons at 50 with zero adventure studies.

Not fun ! And when I finally complete this crafting study track for The Dawning, I might as well continue with study crafting, since I've invested so much time into it. Might as well max out everything I can related to my craft so that the next time an event *requires* certain studies, I'll have it out of the way. Even then, QOL could introduce a new study with the next live event which will be required. :teehee:

#2 Chyra

Chyra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

I agree wholeheartedly! :thumbsup:

I've got it going the other way around. My adventurer is doing all the studying and I have four crafters wishing just one of them could study as well without losing the adventuring studies.
Posted Image

#3 Seatstaken

Seatstaken

Servant

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

If your character is involved with the Dawning you might as well hang up the thoughts about building Adventuring stats. The Dawning is a time sinc that was put into place for whatever reason. If any game in the future starts out like this game did I will not even think twice about playing it, it will go straight into the garbage because thats what is is GARBAGE.

·Purp 50 Magus · 250 Alchemist/Herbalist·
­­·Ceaseless·
http://www.ceaselessguild.com/

#4 sightlesspite

sightlesspite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

so have a study and a understudy going at the same time?
your main study will be faster and your understudy will take longer but you can have both pieces of pie just takes longer for the 2nd pie

#5 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

I made this point way back in beta (I think even before beta). When they mentioned that crafting and adventuring would be indipendant of each other (which really I don't think they are) I suggested that studies should be allowed on each area. I don't recall any response to the matter.

It would be nice to have though. I'm a pretty big crafter in any game I play but since I had to choose which direction to go in Alganon I have only concentrated on the adventure side. But maybe that is the choice that QOL want us to make.

This is also remotely related to my arguement over study times, if study times were slightly smaller it may allow people that flexibility to move between these 2 areas, then again maybe then players would just spend more time in one area.

Anyway I would love to see seperate studies.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#6 sightlesspite

sightlesspite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

like my idea of studies and understudies? lol one you learn at a faster rate understudies would be the slower of the 2 but you would be doing 2 things at a time instead of 1 for 30 days etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users