#1 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

Quest Online is proud to announce the launch of the new Alganon Trial Server System. The Trial Server System will allow anyone who may be interested in Alganon the chance to "try before you buy".

The trial server system will allow any MyAlganon user the chance to get into Alganon and experience exploring a vast new world, questing, crafting the Studies system and more.

The Alganon Trial Server System is also a great way for current subscribers to invite their friends, family, guildmates and more to experience Alganon. Current subscribers have access to the trial servers to make characters and help guide their friends as they start their journey in Alganon.

Trial Server Frequently Asked Questions:

What types of activities can I do on the trial server?
Players can explore, quest, level, and craft. They can also use the studies system, the auction house and more.

How long does my trial last?
individual trial characters more than 30 days old will periodically be deleted. All MyAlganon accounts will retain access to the trial servers, only the individual characters will be deleted.

Are there restrictions on what level I can reach?
There are no restrictions on the level a player can reach on the trial server.

What restrictions are placed on crafting and Studies?
Players on a trial server may level any trade skill to a maximum of 199 and may study up to rank 3 of any study.

What restrictions are in place for chat, grouping, etc?
There are specific restrictions put in place on the trial server to limit abuse, harassment, gold spam, and other activities that lessen the player experience. Chat, trade, group invites and more are limited to mutual friends (both players must have the other on their friends list).

We are excited to be able to let all players experience Alganon. We hope to see you in Alganon soon!
Posted Image

#2 Eldaran

Eldaran

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

Very cool!
Eldaran Silverhand - Human Mystic - Alchemist/ Herbalist
Matma'el server (formerly Hokk)

#3 DeLang

DeLang

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

Excellent news !

#4 frodofraggins

frodofraggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

I have a question.

At any point in the trial period are we able to buy the game and xfer the character to a live server? Or do we start over from scratch?

#5 Swordmage

Swordmage

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationCentral New Jersey

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

I have a question.

At any point in the trial period are we able to buy the game and xfer the character to a live server? Or do we start over from scratch?

Ah, that's the rub!

Adrios Characters (Armstrong) in the OldTimers Guild:
Thendora - Soldier // Melrose - Ranger // Thorke - Healer // Kethrin - Magus

#6 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

I have a question.

We will be announcing further details about the possibility of a character transfer from a trial server to a subscription server in the future.
Posted Image

#7 bml

bml

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

This is great! Hopefully this will be bring in more players.

Will there be a forum section for the trial players?

#8 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

Part of the benefits for subscribing is the ability to post on the forums. :)
Posted Image

#9 Radium

Radium

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Part of the benefits for subscribing is the ability to post on the forums. :)

As I hope you know I strongly agree with having things subscriber based as far as posting. But with this move, which is a smart move in my opinion, it would be good to have an area to allow trial players to post for any help they might need. There would be a cost in resources for doing that though since it would have to be watched more closely by mods. Clearly it is at least debatable, depending on where your mods work loads are at the present.

#10 morphene

morphene

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

As I hope you know I strongly agree with having things subscriber based as far as posting. But with this move, which is a smart move in my opinion, it would be good to have an area to allow trial players to post for any help they might need. There would be a cost in resources for doing that though since it would have to be watched more closely by mods. Clearly it is at least debatable, depending on where your mods work loads are at the present.

I have to agree. I mean it's not my problem so obviously I don't really care, and I'm sure you are trying to avoid forum rage. But a single separate section might be wise, there is still a lot about this game that can be rather counter-intuitive. Similarly, perhaps, with no communication in game - most games do that for trials to protect paying customers not to simply isolate guests.

Also, though I guess it's too late to fix, you just sent everyone an email inviting them to play on the Trail server.

#11 Swordmage

Swordmage

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

It will be more friendly than a trial server.

Happy trails.

This is why every company/project needs at least one anal-retentive type proof-reader (I plead guilty).

#12 Phaine

Phaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

We will be announcing further details about the possibility of a character transfer from a trial server to a subscription server in the future.

thx, appreciate the info

#13 Kalen

Kalen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

It will be more friendly than a trial server.

Happy trails.

This is why every company/project needs at least one anal-retentive type proof-reader (I plead guilty).

LOL, ya I noticed that too... Got an email saying the 'Trail' server was online and I thought they opened a new roleplaying server or something called Trails. Just goes to show that spell checkers don't catch everything and that proofreaders are a must when mass emailing :yes:

#14 Qoojo

Qoojo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

When I try to login, I get the no active subscription message. The myalganon.com page says that the account is ready to go. I have not bought the game, and was hoping to do the trial server.

#15 Biryani

Biryani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

When I try to login, I get the no active subscription message. The myalganon.com page says that the account is ready to go. I have not bought the game, and was hoping to do the trial server.

Same issue for me. I wonder if the accounts aren't linked yet.

#16 Swordmage

Swordmage

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hmmm, I just went through the exercise of creating a new MyAlganon account and logging in with it. I successfully got into the trial and only the trial.

#17 Cephy

Cephy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

It doesnt change the fact, that 50% still wont be able to buy the game because there are no other options than credit cards.

#18 Tro

Tro

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

So how we download the Trial? also how do I link this account to the Myalganon?

#19 Swordmage

Swordmage

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

So how we download the Trial? also how do I link this account to the Myalganon?

If you go to MyAlganon front page, there is a try game image at the top. It will allow you to set up your MyAlganon account and download the game (you then log in with the MyAlganon log in info). There is a future development goal of fully linking MyAlganon to the forums, but nothing yet.

If you already have a MyAlganon account, I think you can just go to the download page and download the game (the download for the trial is the same as the full game, it is your lack of game subscription that should limit you to the the trial server).

#20 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ask and ye shall receive. Alganon Trial General Discussion.

(And I'm holding you personally responsible for what may go down in there!)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users