#1 Lallante

Lallante

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:33 AM

I created the site shortly after launch, but thought to share it with folks in case they find it helpful. Mostly it's a repository of works in progress - a collection of things I've noticed and noted while skilling up various crafts.

Alganon Guides

Currently I'm focusing on profession guides - how to level up your crafts with the least materials, preferrably without having to find materials made only by other crafters.

As most of us already know, finding materials you can't make yourself is either near impossible or impossibly expensive if it is ever on the auction house. Hopefully that will change soon!

Being part of a guild or community of crafters is super important at this point in the game. I am happily a member of Fame & Fortune on the Hokk server.

Ashla - 34 Ranger | Nia - 18 Soldier - Hokk Server, Fame & Fortune Guild
Posted Image

#2 Gargothen

Gargothen

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNear Detroit, MI

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

I dig the site.. very nice.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought the whole reason behind MyAlganon was to limit the need for 3rd party sites? Again, no offense and I like it, just figured I would bring that up. Posted Image

** Gargothen Dvarg - Human Ranger **

** The OldTimers Guild - Adrios Server **

#3 Lallante

Lallante

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

You got it right, they do want folks to create content on myalganon.com. Inevitably there will be design functionality and even html code limitations on a site owned and maintained by someone else. I may yet write some content for myalganon.com, we'll see how things go.

Tork is well aware of my site and has been for a while. *waves at Tork*

As I've been making and designing (graphics) sites for 10+ years I prefer the utter and total control of the content I put online. I even own a server to host it all on - something I've done for many years as well. As Alganon is a hobby and I don't care to spend gads of time on a website, mine is a simple repository of things I am working on myself in game.

My professional background is in SEO actually - so the main Alganon sites are getting a lot of link love from me and won't mind that a bit.

Posted Image

#4 Gargothen

Gargothen

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNear Detroit, MI

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

As I've been making and designing (graphics) sites for 10+ years I prefer the utter and total control of the content I put online. I even own a server to host it all on - something I've done for many years as well. As Alganon is a hobby and I don't care to spend gads of time on a website, mine is a simple repository of things I am working on myself in game.

And that answers my question! Posted Image

** Gargothen Dvarg - Human Ranger **

** The OldTimers Guild - Adrios Server **

#5 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

Great work, I was hoping to see some guides like this crop up. Although 1 suggestion, you may want to point out in the guides that your working on the Asharr side, and that the Kujix while being able to still gleen something from the guide will need to adlib here and there.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#6 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

Tork is well aware of my site and has been for a while. *waves at Tork*

We wholly endorse people making third party sites related to Alganon. We can only do so much with MyAlganon and we appreciate the time and energy people put into creating resources like AlganonGuides.com.
Posted Image

#7 Lallante

Lallante

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the replies. Of course the guides are Asharr based, but the skill ups are the same regardless of which faction you choose. Though I may eventually create faction specific guides.

So far, the guides don't indicate specific locations to get materials other than the type of vendor that sells ingredients. I have considered showing where to find good concentrations of herb and mining nodes, but so far I haven't. Can't make everything THAT easy for everyone :D

My latest endeavor is to name rare drop items from herb and mining nodes. Which herbs drop which rarer herbs (like phen spores out of phen moss nodes). For those that didn't take/learn the gathering skills, it's not always apparent where the material comes from.

Another thing I've noted is that there are a lot of common compounds in the professions. A single ingredient can be made by 2 or more professions. Which is great.

We wholly endorse people making third party sites related to Alganon. We can only do so much with MyAlganon and we appreciate the time and energy people put into creating resources like AlganonGuides.com.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users