13 replies to this topic

#1 Amarra

Amarra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

It feels like triage isn't casting sometimes. I have enough focus for it to cast but have to click the button several times. There doesn't appear to be a timer issue either. Has anyone else noticed this?

#2 Cadfael

Cadfael

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationShropshire England (Shrewsbury Abbey)

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

It feels like triage isn't casting sometimes. I have enough focus for it to cast but have to click the button several times. There doesn't appear to be a timer issue either. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have .. just thought I had fat fingers or a bad mouse.

Sic it Kitty.

Just Me,
Tim
Can I help you find a potion?

#3 Swordmage

Swordmage

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationCentral New Jersey

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

I haven't noticed it specifically with triage; however, I have seen it with a number of spells and with harvesting/looting. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts to get an action to take (in the harvesting case, I have seen a skill up on the first click and only get the harvest on the third).

Adrios Characters (Armstrong) in the OldTimers Guild:
Thendora - Soldier // Melrose - Ranger // Thorke - Healer // Kethrin - Magus

#4 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Taking these issues in reverse order. I've definitely seen the harvest issue so I know what you're talking about Swordmage. I'm asking around to make sure that this is on somebody's plate already, if it isn't it will be soon.

With regard to the clicking issue this is something that I'll have to investigate further. So a couple of questions to help me in my investigation. First, is this limited to mouse clicking actions? Has anybody seen this when using a hotbar key? And then the other thing, is it limited to certain actions like Triage, or does the same type of thing happen with most or all of your actions. And lastly, if you move the action to a different location on your action bar, does it still happen there?

I'll check this out on my end regardless, but your feedback on these questions would go a long way toward helping me pin down the problem.

#5 b94fy34t1na2mwd

b94fy34t1na2mwd

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

I haven't noticed it specifically with triage; however, I have seen it with a number of spells and with harvesting/looting. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts to get an action to take (in the harvesting case, I have seen a skill up on the first click and only get the harvest on the third).

I have isolated the cause of this. If the latency bar is yellow, you must wait a full "2 count" (count out loud 1, 2) REMAINING MOTIONLESS, before you START the harvest. If you move, and try again without waiting, it won't work. I've had it happen 4 times under high latency conditions. Apparently it thinks you were still moving, and fails in some way.

100% of the time, if you wait , just a little bit, before harvesting, it will always work.

If the bar is green, i wait one second. If the bar is yellow, i wait two seconds. Problem mitigated.

However, for the Ranger action " Invigorate ", I can't figure out what is causing it to fail. It apparently can be cast on the run, but doesn't work 2 out of 3 times, and then sometimes it will work 4 times in a row. That one still has me baffled.

#6 DeLang

DeLang

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

With respect to Triage, I am noticing that even though the focus requirement says 40 focus, that I can't cast it until I have at least 140 or more (depending upon which upgrade of Triage is trained). So it seems that the focus cost of triage was increased, but the focus required display wasn't changed.

So often it seems like Triage won't cast, but it's because I don't have enough focus for it, even though it looks like I do. I didn't see this change mentioned in the patch notes from beta to live.

Or maybe in the increased focus requirement is a bug?

#7 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

With respect to Triage, I am noticing that even though the focus requirement says 40 focus, that I can't cast it until I have at least 140 or more (depending upon which upgrade of Triage is trained). So it seems that the focus cost of triage was increased, but the focus required display wasn't changed.

So often it seems like Triage won't cast, but it's because I don't have enough focus for it, even though it looks like I do. I didn't see this change mentioned in the patch notes from beta to live.

Or maybe in the increased focus requirement is a bug?

There is a general misconception on the tooltip with regard to Focus Cost. If something says 40 is the focus cost, that means 40% of your base focus. Which is to say, the amount of focus you have unadjusted by gear/abilities/studies/buffs. As you level up your Focus Pool increases as does the cost of your spells.

It's safe to say in a patch in the near future this tooltip will be adjusted to say cost % of base focus, and we're working on implementing an actual focus value cost on the tooltip although it is probably down the road a bit.

#8 Amarra

Amarra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

There is a general misconception on the tooltip with regard to Focus Cost. If something says 40 is the focus cost, that means 40% of your base focus. Which is to say, the amount of focus you have unadjusted by gear/abilities/studies/buffs. As you level up your Focus Pool increases as does the cost of your spells.

It's safe to say in a patch in the near future this tooltip will be adjusted to say cost % of base focus, and we're working on implementing an actual focus value cost on the tooltip although it is probably down the road a bit.

Ahh, I think that is the issue :thumbsup:. Which means there is no issue :biggrin:.

#9 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

Woot, less work time = more play time for me :wink:

#10 Kelody

Kelody

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

Does base focus include intelligence gear or your focus naked?

#11 jdsmith

jdsmith

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

Does base focus include intelligence gear or your focus naked?

Naked focus. Thus if you have 500 focus naked and it costs 10% it costs you 50 focus and you can cast 10 times. Put on some gear that gives you another 200 focus and you get an extra 4 casts of the spell.

#12 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:30 AM

Just wanted to follow up on the tooltip issue. Seems the client team is way ahead of me here and they've now integrated the actual focus cost value into the tooltip. I think you'll be seeing this in the next patch after all.

#13 Kelody

Kelody

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:01 AM

Just wanted to follow up on the tooltip issue. Seems the client team is way ahead of me here and they've now integrated the actual focus cost value into the tooltip. I think you'll be seeing this in the next patch after all.

This is actually live already.

#14 Mhantra

Mhantra

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

lol

Awesome thread =D
Xakalak; Hokk; Talrok Lifeblood Ranger