Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

Patch 1.1.1.2078

Known issues
  • (Windowed Mode) Resizing the game screen while the game is processing a previous resize can result in a crash.
Gameplay enhancements and Game balance
  • Continued rebalance of monsters, including a damage rebalance on choice mobs and now display proper magical resistances.
  • Items that are group lootable (like the Andar Bloodgem off Sprogsnarg) will now correctly let everyone in the group loot the item.
  • /afk and /dnd are now functional. Type "/afk" or "/afk Some message" to toggle yourself as afk, and "/afk" again to turn it off. It will show a tag after your name, for nearby players, and do an auto-reply if someone whispers you.
  • Actions which launch secondary effects on multiple targets now work correctly. For instance, Cone of Cold now puts Frozen Blood on all hit targets, Rugged Yell now puts the buff effect on all party members.
    Class Changes and Combat enhancements
Healer

• Touch of Healing's base value has been halved across all ranks.
  • All resurrection spells now have a confirmation dialog box before the resurrection completes.
  • Darkside now correctly splits the damage dealt between each tick of the DoT effect.
Soldier

• Soldier Disable now working as intended.
Ranger

• Reload now reports the refunded focus in the combat log.
  • Ranged auto-attack now turn off when you are no longer facing your target.
Bug fixes
  • Mother Jorin now answers the question you ask, so Asharr players can complete the Word of the Dawn daily.
  • Crusader Jinn has calmed down a bit and no longer offers some Dawning quests too early.
  • Rewards for several Dawning quests were increased, and many Dawning-related items that were hidden from the library were unveiled.
  • Several exploits fixed.
  • All items that are not actually bound to you (like Bind on Equip items that you have not equipped yet) will now be sellable in the auction house.
  • Studies will no longer sometimes appear to 'stall' at completion time.
  • Fixed some situations in which you could get stuck in combat, including when using Shatter.
  • Loot drop rates should now match the rates displayed in the Library.
  • Boss Hok's Greataxe and the Black Edged Axe now use proper two-handed axe models.
  • Tough Catskin Hauberk has had its icon changed to a chest piece.
  • Fixed a bug that caused players to not be resurrectable if out of range of their corpses.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause players to be sent to the wrong death stone.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause severe latency when a player was not alive.
  • Added confirmation on /ignore operations.
  • Asharr and Kujix Trade channels are no longer linked.

Posted Image

#2 Cadfael

Cadfael

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationShropshire England (Shrewsbury Abbey)

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Very Nice....

Just Me,
Tim
Can I help you find a potion?

#3 Brett

Brett

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL USA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

Touch of Healing's base value has been halved across all ranks.

What exactly does this mean? It heals for less or costs less?
Doc
Asharr Healer (Adrios)

#4 b94fy34t1na2mwd

b94fy34t1na2mwd

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

Ranger

• Reload now reports the refunded focus in the combat log.
  • Ranged auto-attack now turn off when you are no longer facing your target.

Can you elaborate a bit on these two? Reload already reported the refunded focus in the combat log (I was happy to see it did) ...
and
Is the purpose of the second change to avoid the "you must face your enemy" message, or is there a more sinister reason?

Finally, once the ranger IS facing the target (after not facing the target) will ranged auto attack turn back on, automatically, or are we going to be required to toggle it manually now?

#5 girlgeek

girlgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

What exactly does this mean? It heals for less or costs less?

Well...the "value" of a heal is how much it heals for, so I'm gonna GUESS that this means it will now heal for half of what it did before, which doesn't make me terribly happy. But the rest of the patch sounds good. :)

#6 Panak

Panak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGlendale, AZ

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

Are healer buffs and whatnot now fixed to where you can recharge/rebuff without having to manually remove the buff?

#7 Lodor

Lodor

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

•Rewards for several Dawning quests were increased

So, how does this work for those that already did the quests, considering this is supposed to be a special event?

#8 Atia

Atia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

any idea on when the servers will be back up?

:)
You dream of us.

#9 Lodor

Lodor

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

It was just up but already crashed.

#10 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

Are healer buffs and whatnot now fixed to where you can recharge/rebuff without having to manually remove the buff?

Actually looking at some of the buffs I've cast, the new buff is overwriting the old one it just doesn't reset the timer, so you can't visibly tell that it has been renewed.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#11 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

So, how does this work for those that already did the quests, considering this is supposed to be a special event?

This is a fairly long event. I'm sure no one is very far behind anyone else.
Posted Image

#12 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

Depends on which ones, if it's the dailies I don't think it really matters. Also depends on how they were increased. If tokens not a big deal since there are dailies to get them, same goes for the Rep. XP is not a big concern since never been short of anything to do to get this either. I don't think the quests offer anything but these 3 things, so I don't think it should be much of a deal, just be happy they are better now than before.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#13 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Is the purpose of the second change to avoid the "you must face your enemy" message, or is there a more sinister reason?

You continued casting ranged auto attack while running away which isn't the intended way it should work.
Posted Image

#14 jdsmith

jdsmith

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

It was just up but already crashed.

Yep, an interesting issue slipped through that wasn't apparent with a number of people hammering on the server. It's being fixed now.

#15 Lodor

Lodor

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

This is a fairly long event. I'm sure no one is very far behind anyone else.

You do know there are level 30+ players already right?

When you have a special event going and you make changes you really should think how it can alienate people that have already done the quests.

#16 Swordmage

Swordmage

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationCentral New Jersey

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

Not to ask dumb questions, but why does my client say I am running 1.1.1.2087 after downloading the patch?

Adrios Characters (Armstrong) in the OldTimers Guild:
Thendora - Soldier // Melrose - Ranger // Thorke - Healer // Kethrin - Magus

#17 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

Can you elaborate a bit on these two? Reload already reported the refunded focus in the combat log (I was happy to see it did) ...
and

Finally, once the ranger IS facing the target (after not facing the target) will ranged auto attack turn back on, automatically, or are we going to be required to toggle it manually now?

I can elaborate. With regard to Reload, I inadvertently put that in these patch notes, it was the very last thing I added prior to the original release patch and frankly I didn't remember whether I got it in before the code freeze on Sunday. :rolleyes:

On to the other topic: There was no sinister reason for turning off the ranged attack when you face away from your target. It was intended to help Rangers who are setting up pulls for group play. The idea is that you'll make the pull and run back toward your group, and want the auto-attack turned off so as to not unintentionally grab aggro from the tank. No, it won't turn itself back on automatically.

An alternative suggestion was to turn it off when you move out of range, but I opposed that idea because there are many times when you'll move out of range for a moment and lose a couple shots before you can get it turned back on.

These mechanics are easily changed so I would recommend a thread on the Ranger forums to solicit other's feedback. If the community feels strongly enough about this change one way or the other, we'll certainly look at adjusting the action mechanics so they are more playable and enjoyable.

#18 morphene

morphene

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Darkside now correctly splits the damage dealt between each tick of the DoT effect.

Just a heads up that this seems to have run too far in the other direction. Instead of the 20% per DF that the tooltip promises it seems like we're only getting about 12% now. Here's an example of darkside with a 5 stack hitting for 426 and then only getting dot ticks of 95,95,95 (285 total).

#19 b94fy34t1na2mwd

b94fy34t1na2mwd

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

I can elaborate. With regard to Reload, I inadvertently put that in these patch notes, it was the very last thing I added prior to the original release patch and frankly I didn't remember whether I got it in before the code freeze on Sunday. :rolleyes:

On to the other topic: There was no sinister reason for turning off the ranged attack when you face away from your target. It was intended to help Rangers who are setting up pulls for group play. The idea is that you'll make the pull and run back toward your group, and want the auto-attack turned off so as to not unintentionally grab aggro from the tank. No, it won't turn itself back on automatically.

An alternative suggestion was to turn it off when you move out of range, but I opposed that idea because there are many times when you'll move out of range for a moment and lose a couple shots before you can get it turned back on.

These mechanics are easily changed so I would recommend a thread on the Ranger forums to solicit other's feedback. If the community feels strongly enough about this change one way or the other, we'll certainly look at adjusting the action mechanics so they are more playable and enjoyable.

From what I've seen it works ok as it is. It doesn't turn off if you strafe while facing the target, which was my primary concern. I think it's fine now, myself, although I'm sure opinions will vary. Thank you for the additional response, Nightvision.

#20 Nightvision

Nightvision

Crusader

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

Just a heads up that this seems to have run too far in the other direction. Instead of the 20% per DF that the tooltip promises it seems like we're only getting about 12% now. Here's an example of darkside with a 5 stack hitting for 426 and then only getting dot ticks of 95,95,95 (285 total).

Yeah, I misunderstood something Minuvo asked me to do on this action and that resulted in a 1/3 damage reduction of the DoT effect. I fixed it now so you'll be seeing your full 20%/stack bonus in the next patch. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Morphene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users