#1 zipher

zipher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

Hey People of Alganon

So today, while i was browsing around my favorite websites, on www.massively.com (only about mmo's) I found a link to this game. It was a little weird, i had never heard of it before, but regardless, it sounds very interesting to me. After reading only a little, i decided i would give it a try and bought it right away.

I come from a different career in games, having a computer café for 12 (soon 13) years. We have had most of the good mmo down there, but my first (after a short while in Asherons call beta) was Dark age of Camelot.

I am sure most of you would agree, that your first mmo was the most intriguing . But 3 years of that, and wow as well, things get old!

I have not played a mmo seriously for a couple of years now, but missing it much. Most of all the community, second the thrill of accomplishment =)

So I hope we have a future together, looking forward to see you in game.

#2 Cinae

Cinae

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:15 AM

Welcome!
Simple observations can lead to fundamentally wrong conclusions.

#3 Witchmountain

Witchmountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:46 AM

Welcome.

I'm old school, started back in 1997 when UO was launched. This is pretty awesome, giant world to explore, Study system is incredible, but you have to approach it with patience. Some of the more advanced studies can take a few days, but I love it.

I think you'll enjoy Alganon, just remember there will be bugs, there will be patches, this is a MMO, and yet the servers are incredibly stable and the devs really seem proficient at fixing stuff without breaking other stuff, lol.

Good luck, have fun, and try to enjoy yourself.

#4 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:23 AM

-Welcome to the lunatic fringe, my friend.

Enjoy your stay.

Jergis

#5 allisyia

allisyia

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLancaster, UK

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

Welcome to Alganon, Zipher ^^
Kujix: Oshimara, Ranger and Miashima, Healer
Asharr: Allisyia, Healer and Lliannah, Magus

#6 zipher

zipher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

Welcome.

I'm old school, started back in 1997 when UO was launched. This is pretty awesome, giant world to explore, Study system is incredible, but you have to approach it with patience. Some of the more advanced studies can take a few days, but I love it.

I think you'll enjoy Alganon, just remember there will be bugs, there will be patches, this is a MMO, and yet the servers are incredibly stable and the devs really seem proficient at fixing stuff without breaking other stuff, lol.

Good luck, have fun, and try to enjoy yourself.

Oh thanks so much for the welcome, to you all, I do feel welcome now :)
I was just thinking about what you said, yea, I allso tried UO, but I live in Denmark, and at that time like most other people, I only had dialup.... So when i bought UO the guy in the game shop said.. "you need ISDN to play this game" and i was like suuuuuuure dialup will have to do, i just want to play a mmo NOW... but sadly he was right, it was the lag hell right there.

I consider myself a pretty patient player, and will more often than not actually read the quests ;) yea i know... hehe

Just got home from work now, downloading the client. Might just manage to log in and make my char, before i have to join my friends at our local shooting range (yes they do exist in Europe too :)) But will be back later on.

Now, i looked at the character page, and can see from filtering the factions etc. that Kujix is like half the size of Asharr. In my mind, i just have to play Kujix then, just dont know if i like to or not.

Thing is, I haven't found any info's on any pvp options.. are there any in game? If there is not any pvp, balance of factions dont matter much I guess.

#7 Amarra

Amarra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

Welcome Zipher :teehee:...and PvP isn't in yet, but will be coming in the future.

#8 zipher

zipher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

Welcome Zipher :teehee:...and PvP isn't in yet, but will be coming in the future.

Oh cool !

Well i made a Kujix, on the first server. Would be lovely to have a good balanced server, hopefully that will be the case sometime :)

Just got off the phone with my friend, I'll see if I can make him come play too. I had to tell him I will stay home instead, gotta play this game more right now !

cheers
zipher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users