#1 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

whats a Deities? sorry never heard this word before and before i post id like to know it so i dont make a fool of myself lol

#2 Gajari

Gajari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

A deity (deities being the plural) is a god/goddess.

#3 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

oh okay. thanks

#4 Athos

Athos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:03 AM

then to continu on topic.

What is deities functionality within the game then?

#5 Kabooki

Kabooki

Patron

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:33 AM

Deities are one of the key factors in the world of Crusade. A person will pick a deity to worship and depending on their actions will gain

#6 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:26 AM

so a players powers depend on their "deities"?

#7 Kabooki

Kabooki

Patron

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:44 PM

not all the time, the power that comes from a deitiy isn't something that a person can use all the time, but it is something special that will give you another boost if you are in need of it. The more you save the more you get.

#8 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

will it be random though? like will you only be able to use it when they allow you to, or will you allways have it if you dont use it?

#9 Kabooki

Kabooki

Patron

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

The power you earn is yours to use whenever you want to use it, but it might not always be as powerful. Like if you enter a realm of a warring deity you won't have as much power there.

#10 Destroid

Destroid

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:59 AM

That sounds like an interesting dynamic. I hope that diety powers are not "I win" buttons though - sometimes more subtle displays of power and favor are just as impressive.

#11 Magus

Magus

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

ya they are. it should be like a rps system. so that way one wont be the strongest they will all be even.

#12 Gargoyle

Gargoyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:01 PM

I like the karma concept as presented and like the idea that the effects of its use may vary depending on whether the character is in "enemy territory" or not... Do you think that the effects of the karma would be solely personal, or could it also take the form of a "buff/de-buff" that could be bestowed/cast upon others? Im presuming classes that are more "religious" such as cleric would be more apt to gaining this kind of favor, or perhaps have negative effects of being in "enemy territory" somewhat decreased by their "improved connection/devotion" with their deity?

#13 Gargoyle

Gargoyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

... and it suddenly occurs to me...

What about negative karma? Can karma be lost through deeds that are in opposition to a dieties tenets? Can a character get into a net negative position overall through repeated misdeeds that might earn them some penalty or punishment?

#14 Kabooki

Kabooki

Patron

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

We do plan on making it so that if you are in an enemies territory you will find that your "karma" so to speak won't have as much of an effect there as it would when you are in your own realm. That doesn't mean that it still won't be useful though, instead of a lightening bolt that kills every monster in a 10 mile radius, you might just get 2 miles ;D. (Of course thats exagerating)

Negative Karma is something that would only make sense, you make your deity mad enough and he very well may smite thee!

#15 S0ulb0und

S0ulb0und

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

how do u suppose negative karma would be taken away like from negative to positive? a series of trials or does that player just have to preform tons of good deeds for their diety?

#16 Tagrun

Tagrun

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

Well first off it is Deity.

So it will probably be if you do deeds for either the Asheroths or Xajix you will gain karma for what you have done. Killing a friendly will most likely lower your karma. Defeating the enemy probably raise it. Participating in crusade will probably raise.

Since I do not know the full system of the Karma, I might be wrong or totally wrong.

Till we learn more we will go on guess.

#17 Zheng

Zheng

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:05 AM

Tagrun is right, it's Deity (I'm guilty of spelling it wrong many times). It's also Kujix as opposed to Xajix... but that's another subject.

On to the topic:
I plan on being a stealthy and/or magically gifted person. It all depends on if I have to make a choice between them or am able to have them both. I am also planning on being Kujix and chaotic as all hell. I would assume and from what I've read, it seems to follow that assumption that there will be deities to match that ideaology.

:idea: So... I can earn karma by stealthily approaching my prey and blasting the crud out of them with my magic. I would lose karma if I let them go or had pity in any way. I know that chaos is different from evil, but they seem to be coalescing on the Kujix side from what I've read.

:arrow: Essentially, we'll be picking a deity depending on the playstyle we intend to emulate. This is just another system of reward for acting a certain way or a penalty for going against the grain of our first intentions?

Two questions:

:?: Will we be able to quest or visit a temple and do a trial or something to switch deities once we've chosen one and decide to change our view of the world?

:?: I've asked this before, but can we go without a deity or will there be a "lazy-person's-deity" that won't really care what you do or just doesn't feel a need to interfere with the world?

I know we're at the beginning stages of development here and I certainly don't expect an answer right away or even within months from now. Even if I get one, I expect it will change as we find out what works and what does not work through playing and testing. Just curious and want to get some more good discussion going.

#18 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

The questions were answered in the Deity Peek at RPGVault Here. So I'd say currently these are your answers, but as you mention this could change at any time.

Two questions:

:?: Will we be able to quest or visit a temple and do a trial or something to switch deities once we've chosen one and decide to change our view of the world?

Deities are represented throughout the world by temples and devoted followers that provide services to patrons. Once a character chooses a deity to worship, it cannot leave the service of that deity; it is a lifelong commitment.

:?: I've asked this before, but can we go without a deity or will there be a "lazy-person's-deity" that won't really care what you do or just doesn't feel a need to interfere with the world?

As a character grows in the world of Andarus, it will have the option to pledge allegiance to a deity, choosing one among the many that will be in the world. Those who decide not to ally themselves with a particular deity are free to roam the world as "agnostic" individuals. While this may be advantageous in certain areas, such players will never experience enhancements from any of the deities in many of the realms, nor the epic crusades that take place.

#19 Zheng

Zheng

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:23 AM

Ah crud, missed that sneak peak. Thanks Syndic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users