#1 Barlow

Barlow

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:14 AM

I have been searching, and searching, and searching for some GROUP content in this game.. I hear about it, people talk about it, but there are no video's no proof that there is GROUPING :(

If this is going to a solo grind/quest game, or will there be a reason to bring my fiance with me :)

I need to know that if she make a cleric and I make a tank that people /groups will utilize my skills! !!

Anyone?
Barlow - Founder of Ceaseless
www.ceaselessguild.com

#2 Hasala

Hasala

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia, USA

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

I think grouped content will go live when the game goes live. It's part of the live event that will take place then. I could be wrong on that, but I know the game does have instances and those require a group.

#3 velinos

velinos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:40 AM

I think grouped content will go live when the game goes live. It's part of the live event that will take place then. I could be wrong on that, but I know the game does have instances and those require a group.

That's kinda what I gather from all the info they have released. I don't have any stone hard facts but the way it is worded sounds kinda like the game will opening with a unlocking event will player population will have to do something to unlock the new content. Think its called the dawning. And any sort of interaction by GM controlling content I am sure will be designed for more the one person.

#4 Radium

Radium

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:33 AM

I also wondered about this. But as others have posted I believe that with The Dawning we will see group content open up. I have the impression that is when instances will get unlocked.

Honestly I think it is a great concept. It also buys more time for the developers to work on that content so it did not have to be actually finished by launch. Very clever.

#5 Jonrobin

Jonrobin

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationKingsport, Tn

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:52 AM

Same thoughts here. As I understand it (and I understand very little!), The Dawning opens up pretty much the entire "show". We must all collaborate to open up the instances and other areas of the game.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes ! Posted Image

#6 Hyuu

Hyuu

QOL Developer

• QOL Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

Same thoughts here. As I understand it (and I understand very little!), The Dawning opens up pretty much the entire "show". We must all collaborate to open up the instances and other areas of the game.

You understand more than you think, Jonrobin!

Probably the largest thing that makes Alganon different is our dedication to making our players a part of the design process.

For example: It is very likely that at some point in the future you will come across a monumental obelisk in Alganon, and someone will point out that there are monumental obelisks in other MMOs as well. What's the difference?

In other MMOs: It's a monument to when LoreNPC defeated LoreMonster, in the Battle of StoryMadeUpByDevelopers.

In Alganon: It's a monument to when you, and real players like you, actually grouped up to defeat a world boss, in a battle that was named through suggestions from the players who actually took part in it.

Real people, real players, you!!!, becoming part of the official lore and history of the world. In Alganon, our heroes are our players, and they are just as important to the world lore as a Warchief or White Wizard or King.

The Dawning is a huge example of that.

Someday, a new player will be shouting "LFG Howling Foothills", and you will be able to smile to yourself and think "I opened that instance. No one could enter it at launch; it was sealed off until I helped complete the Dawning."

Someday, someone will run Warfiend Karr, find the epic sword they've been hoping for, and see that it has the same name as their guild. Why? Because a member of their guild was first to complete the Dawning, and their guildmaster met with the devs to help name that sword.

And the Dawning is just the beginning - we plan to release all our content in this fashion - with game-wide events that players will take part in, and be remembered for.

So go out and form guilds, start MyAlganon groups, find players you enjoy teaming with in other games and invite them to come play, work together to complete these tasks and make your collective mark on the world - become a Legend!

#7 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

So go out and form guilds, start MyAlganon groups, find players you enjoy teaming with in other games and invite them to come play, work together to complete these tasks and make your collective mark on the world - become a Legend!

I'm a Legend in my own mind.

Posted Image

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#8 Barlow

Barlow

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

I love reading replies like these.

I can't wait for the release.

Now..do I get a few characters to 50 before the Dawning goes on? :) :):)
Barlow - Founder of Ceaseless
www.ceaselessguild.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users