#1 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

I just wanted to ask all of our forum members a fwe questions related to gaming news and marketing.

What sites, blogs, etc. do you:

-get most of your general gaming news from?

-get most of your MMO gaming news from?

-want to see more Alganon news, screenshots, etc. on?

-think Alganon advertise on?

Thanks in advance! -Tork
Posted Image

#2 Radium

Radium

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

I just wanted to ask all of our forum members a fwe questions related to gaming news and marketing.

What sites, blogs, etc. do you:

-get most of your general gaming news from?

-get most of your MMO gaming news from?

-want to see more Alganon news, screenshots, etc. on?

-think Alganon advertise on?

Thanks in advance! -Tork

I used to hit MMORPG a lot. Got tired of the flaming there though and rarely visit it these days.

I mostly watch what FilePlanet has to offer since I have subscribed to their service for years. Yes I know they are not really news, but with the free trails they offer I do get to sample a lot of stuff, since I tend to disagree with most reviews of everything.

#3 aleonia

aleonia

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

I usually get my game info from MMORPG.com. But I steer as far away from the forums as humanly possible...too many trolls. I read a bit about the games, then go to the game's own website to make my judgments.
Aldarne Balmordae - Talrok Ranger on Adrios
Jalnarae & Rendarnai Balmordae - Talrok Magus & Soldier on Adrios

#4 BrokenBrain

BrokenBrain

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

I hit up MMORPG from time to time to find new games, then I go to Massively and put all the ones I'm interested in on a blog feeder. I avoid the MMORPG forums like the plague; seeing vaporware spelled wrong too many different ways makes my brain break (and every game other than WoW is vaporware it seems).

Edit: And about advertisements, what do you mean? I block all banner ads, etc. so I never see them. And I think a lot of other people tend to as well (although I guess I could be wrong).

I found out about Alganon here for whatever it's worth.

http://www.mmorpg.co...Games-Grow.html

#5 velinos

velinos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:42 AM

I found Alganon on file planet. But the game sites i usually check are shacknews, gamespy, joystiq, and everyone once in a great while gamerzine. I find most of the MMO gaming sites are so overloaded with MMO stuff i can not tell what may be good and what won't be. And to many trolls. So i don't hear about many MMO games unless they are made by big name companies or are based on a cool brand name.

#6 aleonia

aleonia

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:18 AM

Edit: And about advertisements, what do you mean? I block all banner ads, etc. so I never see them. And I think a lot of other people tend to as well (although I guess I could be wrong).

I agree. Myself, and I would say a great number of people who game, use things like Firefox with addons like Adblock and NoScript to strip ad banners and advertisements. So unless I have to enable IE mode to make a site work, all that stuff is stripped out.
Aldarne Balmordae - Talrok Ranger on Adrios
Jalnarae & Rendarnai Balmordae - Talrok Magus & Soldier on Adrios

#7 eveque67

eveque67

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationWeatherford, OK

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:35 AM

MMORPG is my homepage and I visit MMOhub occassionally. I also do not read their forums for the troll problem. It was that way when I found it and I presume reading the others here it is the still the same. I just look at reviews and upcoming releases. Then I just link over to the game that is interesting me to check out its own site to find out about it.
I don't see banners either, at least not more than once.
Sooo.. Hows that whole "Hope & Change" thing working for you?

#8 eveque67

eveque67

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationWeatherford, OK

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

I agree. Myself, and I would say a great number of people who game, use things like Firefox with addons like Adblock and NoScript to strip ad banners and advertisements. So unless I have to enable IE mode to make a site work, all that stuff is stripped out.

There better be something SUPER good for me to even consider using IE or enabling that mode. In general if it says I need that, I just move on to something else.
Sooo.. Hows that whole "Hope & Change" thing working for you?

#9 Tankzor

Tankzor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

I normally checkout MMORPG.com, ONRPG.com and Gameogre.com. I try not to read the forums on MMORPG.com because it seems if any game isn't WoW then eventually everyone thinks it's crap.

#10 Chyra

Chyra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:11 AM

There are just two gaming sites I visit - mmorpg.com and www.virginworlds.com
Posted Image

#11 allisyia

allisyia

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLancaster, UK

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

I am an mmorpg.com news subscriber and I tend to read a fair few of the articles they let me know about, and browse around a little whilst I'm there.

I heard about Alganon, however, from a lovely player in Runes of Magic and headed to the website here to find out more.
Kujix: Oshimara, Ranger and Miashima, Healer
Asharr: Allisyia, Healer and Lliannah, Magus

#12 Cinae

Cinae

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Most of my online gaming info comes from

MPOGD.COM

Offline game info I usually get from

GAMESPY.COM
Simple observations can lead to fundamentally wrong conclusions.

#13 vonBehren

vonBehren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Like allisyia I am an mmorpg.com news subscriber, FreeBrowserGamer.com and a couple of others. I prefer getting email and checking out the articles I care to rather than trolling sites periodically. Oh, I sometimes catch game news through slashdot, although that really isn't a gaming site.

I don't follow blogs really, although I used to follow Tobold a while back when there used to be interesting discussions on game design.

Since I am playing Alganon, I would prefer seeing news and screenshots here thank you very much :)

Advertise where ever you guys think would be helpful.
Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be. - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

#14 Radshak

Radshak

Servant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

I get all my news from mmmorpg.com. Mmmorgp.com is also where I found out about Alganon.

#15 Netbrat

Netbrat

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

I also have MMORPG.com as my home page and stay away from their blogs and forums. I am there to read the articles and on their daily email list. I then head directly to the game site that I am interested in.
Posted Image

#16 Spiffy

Spiffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

I found this game through google which lead me to an gamesite which had a list of many games. I don't remember which site it was. But doing the interviews with a bunch of gamesite hosts will help with the people like me who did a google on mmo's

#17 Spur

Spur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

I too just did a general search on MSN.com to find the game. Really dont check out Game sites ...too much "endless Babble"..on them that chases me away.
If i might sugguest ..i do however check out sights such as Nvidia.com, Msn.com, Facebook, Tigerdirect.com., I guess some of the "general "sites....Dont know if any of them do Marketing though. Might help drawing in some new crowd like myself who's never played the MMO style..(and help with all the troling..LOL) Just speaking for myself....but Game sites for me are a" No-go" ..I have no problem however cliking on an add and reading about games..lets say on MSN.com..and if i ilke what i read.. i check into it further.
Maybe the Marketing guys can do a search on " Online RPG games"....and check out all the stuff it brings up and go from there...thats what i did to find the game a few months ago.....Been "chomping at the bit" ever since...lol
THANKS for the GREAT GAME!!!!

#18 Pig

Pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

I use WanderingGoblin.com as my homepage. It's not exclusively a game site, since they cover a lot of geek stuff as well. BUT...there's something different every day, and they're funny.

For pure MMORPG news, I hit up Gamebunny.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users