• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Boaltie

Boaltie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

I have a beta key, and have downloaded the game, and am able to login. But, when the game opens I see a screen with an empty character roster on the left, and three buttons along the bottom--Delete Character, Play Alganon, and Main Menu--with only Main Menu active and not grayed out. I don't see any "Create New Character" button, and whenever I click Main Menu the game crashes and exits.

My system specs are:

2.26 ghz processor, 4 megs ram, running on windows vista home basic

Is the game not compatible with vista? Something else I'm missing or a setting?

TYIA

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of what I see: http://i34.tinypic.com/nwdamu.jpg is that what I should be seeing?

#2 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

hmm the Character Create button is in the left hand box which with the patch is now below your Vista Task Bar. That box usually sits on top of the Delete Character button?

I'm not sure how you'd reach the Create button as I don't run Vista and don't play in windowed mode but in full screen with XP Pro OS.

Perhaps someone with Vista could assist ???

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#3 Boaltie

Boaltie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

hmm the Character Create button is in the left hand box which with the patch is now below your Vista Task Bar. That box usually sits on top of the Delete Character button?

I'm not sure how you'd reach the Create button as I don't run Vista and don't play in windowed mode but in full screen with XP Pro OS.

Perhaps someone with Vista could assist ???

Just Me,
Tim

Also, I assume the Main Menu button shouldn't function as an exit button? Kinda bummed, was really looking forward to playing this beta. Should have never gotten suckered into trying vista on the new comp :(

#4 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Also, I assume the Main Menu button shouldn't function as an exit button? Kinda bummed, was really looking forward to playing this beta. Should have never gotten suckered into trying vista on the new comp :(

The Main Menu Button does Exit you from the game at this time .. ie not implemented at this time.

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#5 Amarra

Amarra

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Someone else posted this same problem...seems to be happening after the latest patch. JD will probably be helping you soon. :thumbsup:

(I use Vista - no problems)

#6 Boaltie

Boaltie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

The Main Menu Button does Exit you from the game at this time .. ie not implemented at this time.

Just Me,
Tim

Heh... Ok!

So I guess I just have a display issue. I can't seem to figure out how to run in a fullscreen mode. If I resize the window the three buttons stay aligned at the very bottom of the screen, the positioning doesn't change with resize--so the issue is not only related to the button being behind the taskbar when the window is maximized. I am never able to see a create character button no matter how I shift the screen size and move it away from the taskbar.

#7 Boaltie

Boaltie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Semi-fixed the problem by moving to taskbar to side position while maximized. Although the create character button displays underneath (as in Z) and slightly to the right of the delete character button.

The create character button looks like it's positioned relative to the character list box, centered at the bottom center, while the delete character button is positioned relative to line with the play alganon button and the main menu button. Strange way of making the layout :P

#8 Aolani

Aolani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Heh... Ok!

So I guess I just have a display issue. I can't seem to figure out how to run in a fullscreen mode. If I resize the window the three buttons stay aligned at the very bottom of the screen, the positioning doesn't change with resize--so the issue is not only related to the button being behind the taskbar when the window is maximized. I am never able to see a create character button no matter how I shift the screen size and move it away from the taskbar.

Hi!

I'm the other person that posted a problem in the Beta section. Anywho, I fixed my issue, so I wanted to drop you a note on how I did it. The problem is the windowed mode. Here's how to get out of it:

Go to your file trees and look under Desktop > (Yourusername) > Documents > Alganon > Data and open the UserConfig file with something like Notepad. Look for the <FullScreen> line and replace 'false' with 'true'. Also, if you run at a specific resolution, enter it in the <Resolution> line.

That's how I fixed my problem, and I'm in right now and can see all the buttons just fine.

Luck!

#9 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

I was searching for those files. Interesting they don't keep them in the Alganon Program Folder.(that's where I was looking)

Glad you found them.

Just me,
Tim

#10 Boaltie

Boaltie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hi!

I'm the other person that posted a problem in the Beta section. Anywho, I fixed my issue, so I wanted to drop you a note on how I did it. The problem is the windowed mode. Here's how to get out of it:

Go to your file trees and look under Desktop > (Yourusername) > Documents > Alganon > Data and open the UserConfig file with something like Notepad. Look for the <FullScreen> line and replace 'false' with 'true'. Also, if you run at a specific resolution, enter it in the <Resolution> line.

That's how I fixed my problem, and I'm in right now and can see all the buttons just fine.

Luck!

Perfect! Thank you!

#11 PRboii

PRboii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi!

Luck!

when i open the data folder it only has another folder that is named account and that is empty what do i do?

#12 Tork

Tork

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of what I see: http://i34.tinypic.com/nwdamu.jpg is that what I should be seeing?

We are currently looking into this specific issue and the problem has been identified. I will post when we know more.
Posted Image

#13 Glendoo

Glendoo

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

Hi!

Luck!

Genius

Thanks for that, been trying for 4 hours to sort it and posted on another section, your solution worked just fine.

Thank you
Dai-Soldier-Adrios. Exocet-Ranger-Hokk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users